Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• flashgordon

Participant

They always say after a natural event disaster, “god have mercy on their souls.” Never, do they say, “why didn’t god prevent the natural disaster in the first place?”

Please wait…

• flashgordon

Participant

Tim White, co-worker with “Lucy” Australopithecus fossils, gets a question of from a creationist.

“Just a theory” goes back to the preface of Copernicus’s heliocentric hypothesis book. The preface author tries to reassure the christians that this is “just a theory” . . . don’t get all worked up about it.

“Just a theory” is an example of evasive language that I’ve been finding. I give my first write-up about this in my Sophie and Silas blog post,

http://wwwscientifichumanism.blogspot.com/2015/06/astro-picture-for-day-sophie-and-silas.html

Please wait…

• jbear

Participant

It really irks the left that they have to keep feigning shock every time someone suggests something like this. The unfairness of it. How dare our opponents suggest something that may sway so many just because it’s true. Why does Hillary and Bernie and Alexandria Cortez have to keep pretending all the time? I wonder how many on both sides pretend to be religious just because they know that coming out as an atheist would really kill their chances.

The whole thing is just funny. I think if someone aligns themselves clearly with the religious right then by all means they should claim to be on God’s side. Fair is fair.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

So, “God” wanted an immoral, lying, unethical, adulterous bigot to run the US?

Perhaps “God” was telling us what he thought about society and was giving us the proverbial middle finger.

Or, perhaps Sarah Sanders “aka…the green thing from the Mucinex commercials” is literally running out of material.

Please wait…

• jbear

Participant

Perhaps “God” was telling us what he thought about society and was giving us the proverbial middle finger.

Or, perhaps Sarah Sanders “aka…the green thing from the Mucinex commercials” is literally running out of material.

LOL you guys are so self righteous. Would the CLinton’s have any unchristian qualities that may offend god? As I said, Trump is aligned with the religious right. Sorry you are offended but perhaps if you became a part of the religious right, you could vote for God’s candidates too.

It’s pretty silly that you guys make such a big deal of it. As if you don’t know that 99.9999% of anyone who believed that didn’t already vote for Trump.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

LOL you guys are so self righteous.
      You guys?
      Oh, I guess you’re assuming I’m a liberal, lefty, democrat, etc.
      That’s cute…
      Would the CLinton’s have any unchristian qualities that may offend god?
      Just curious. But, why does everything come back to the Clinton’s? What do either of those 2 bastards have anything to do with Trump.
      I mean, is it in the Trump Supporter playbook to start flailing your arms around and screaming “Hilary” any time Trump is criticized?
      As I said, Trump is aligned with the religious right. Sorry you are offended but perhaps if you became a part of the religious right, you could vote for God’s candidates too.
      Lol @ “God’s Candidates”. Almost as comical and pathetic as you thinking myself (or anyone for that matter) being offended by Trump being endorsed by a fictional superhero.
      I’ll make everyone on here a deal right now. The next candidate that comes forward being endorsed by Deadpool will get my vote.
      Feel better?

It’s pretty silly that you guys make such a big deal of it. As if you don’t know that 99.9999% of anyone who believed that didn’t already vote for Trump.

Nah. What’s silly is the hypocrisy of the “religious right” that you speak of. And, if I actually needed to explain that, it would most likely go over your head and be a waste of time anyways.

Please wait…

• jbear

Participant

@ Donkeyhunter

Just curious. But, why does everything come back to the Clinton’s? What do either of those 2 bastards have anything to do with Trump.

I mean, is it in the Trump Supporter playbook to start flailing your arms around and screaming “Hilary” any time Trump is criticized?

Speaking of cute…. I assumed that when Sarah Sanders says “God wanted Trump to be President” That she was referring to the last election, in which Trump ran against Hillary Clinton. Sorry if that also bothers you.

Lol @ “God’s Candidates”. Almost as comical and pathetic as you thinking myself (or anyone for that matter) being offended by Trump being endorsed by a fictional superhero.
        I’ll make everyone on here a deal right now. The next candidate that comes forward being endorsed by Deadpool will get my vote.

It’s a free country… or it’s supposed to be anyway. So you’re not opposed to voting for a Deadpool endorsed candidate but you’re having a bad day because another fictional superhero supports Trump? I don’t see the logical argument you’re clinging to.

Nah. What’s silly is the hypocrisy of the “religious right” that you speak of. And, if I actually needed to explain that, it would most likely go over your head and be a waste of time anyways.

Says the guy who thinks it’s ok to vote for deadpool’s endorsed candidate but not God’s.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If there is a God, it certainly doesn’t care about US politics.

Do people actually read the teachings of Christ?

Please wait…

• flashgordon

Participant

For the record, I didn’t vote for Mrs Clinton . . . i didn’t vote for Trump either. I suppose I can tell you who I wrote in – Alvin Toffler. I grew up reading Future Shock, and Third Wave, and Powershift. He was alive the last time I checked, which wasn’t when the last Presidential elections took place, but only by a few months.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

She was speaking on CBN right?

They call that pandering, Billy

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

https://twitter.com/chipfranklin/status/1091425572721385472?s=09

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why is it those that cling the hardest to claiming they are on god’s side, tend to be the most immoral?

Left or right, they both do it… I see it MORE on the right but the left does it too

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@jbear making little or no sense… you sound like a MAGA guy (which you claim you aren’t)

HRC is nonissue. She isn’t even a politician anymore let alone a presidential candidate. Why keep bringing her up? Should I bring up Ralph Nader or Ross Perrot while we are at it?

It’s the constant pivot “Trump isn’t that bad because of HRC!”

Here are some facts for you:

HRC was an objectively bad candidate for the Dems

Trump still lost the popular vote by close to 3 million

Russia played a role in our election outcome

Trump’s team is clearly involved with Russia – which by proxy means Trump had to know SOME part of the meddling and data breach

Trump has been an objectively poor president thus far and doesn’t even have the strong economy to fall back on

HRC is no longer relevant

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jbear = Java, right? Making no sense because just trolling

Please wait…

• jbear

Participant

@Schiano

@jbear making little or no sense… you sound like a MAGA guy (which you claim you aren’t)

HRC is nonissue. She isn’t even a politician anymore let alone a presidential candidate. Why keep bringing her up? Should I bring up Ralph Nader or Ross Perrot while we are at it?

You guys (Schiano, Crown, and Donkey) are the ones not making sense. The Donald was running against HRC when, according to Sarah Sanders, God intervened. I know you guys hate having her brought up but in this case, the discussion was about the last election.

Donkeyhunter –

What was the alternative? Who said God can’t have a practical streak?

I also find it funny that 2/3 of “you guys” have already come out as atheists in this thread. And yet feelings are hurt.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Calling out hypocrisy = hurt

Sounds like we have one of them snowflakes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@jbear with selective reading I see.

I’ll assume you’re waving the red flag… the MAGA special.

Please wait…

• jbear

Participant

I’m going to have to buy one of those stupid hats just to use as a snowflake detector. It seems to get you pretty riled up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The ones made in Mexico?

Please wait…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.