Viewing 68 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJack55

Participant

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/07/report-dolphins-were-also-considering-greg-schiano-and-mike-smith/They do need some discipline...

Please wait…

• bigpip0625

Participant

If lovie gets canned I’d be all for bringing schiano back as a DC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cool I could watch that trainwreck. Lol

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

Schiano would go to phins and turn them into winners, it’s called a Bucs fans  life

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fins would be wise to hire Schiano as HC at the end of this year.  Maybe it’ll happen.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Fins would be wise to hire Schiano as HC at the end of this year.  Maybe it'll happen.

they can hire him now......and they should.  he can start next season

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He lost me with the crashing the victory formation nonsense. Old man Coughlin was ready to sucker punch him, I wish he did.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LMAO – I’d like to see the reaction of DT Suh and DE Jordan once Schiano yells “toes on the line!”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would probably make them a contender.  With the right offense.

Please wait…

• rrosemarie8

Participant

He lost me with the crashing the victory formation nonsense. Old man Coughlin was ready to sucker punch him, I wish he did.

Why? Im sick of seeing guys start heading to the locker room after one kneel, with 45 seconds left. (Not sure that was the scenario, but still) You play till the whistle blows, you play till the clock strikes zero. Even when i played in high school and teams would do the victory formation, Id be rushin as hard as i could to get the ball, not many people liked me but i wasnt playing to make friends with the enemy. I just hate seeing games be over, when theyre technically not.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

+1. I'm with you there. i would have loved to have seen that. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LMAO - I'd like to see the reaction of DT Suh and DE Jordan once Schiano yells "toes on the line!"

Suh is a nut case. This would be fun to watch. However, I don't think he gets the job.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He would have given him the Blount shot. LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

disagree.  the defense told the offense they were coming.  ive got no issue with that.and id loved to have seen coughlin sucker punch schiano.  schiano would have taken his head off right on the field.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I like the guy and wish him well if he gets the gig with the phins…..except when he plays the Bills.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Contract negotiations on both sides of that deal could get interesting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like the guy and wish him well if he gets the gig with the phins.....except when he plays the Bills.

I thought you were a Bucs fan.  ???

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do the Bucs owe Schiano after this season?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yep... 1 more year.But, I was thinking more about what promises would need to be made...

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I like the guy and wish him well if he gets the gig with the phins.....except when he plays the Bills.

I am......since the inception of the team.....sat in the old sombrero for many years..I grew up watching the bills in NY.....before the bucs were ever invented....moved to fl in 73.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Schiano was down here not too long ago……and he dropped by gruden’s bunker….was wondering why he was here…….perhaps he maintains his florida home still.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yep... 1 more year.But, I was thinking more about what promises would need to be made...

I was wondering if Miami could just sign him now for cheap to get a head start on things and the Bucs would be on the hook for the balance for 2 seasons.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am......since the inception of the team.....sat in the old sombrero for many years..I grew up watching the bills in NY.....before the bucs were ever invented....moved to fl in 73.

Oh okay. I was like if he is a Bills fan why is he here all the time talking about the Bucs. LOL

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I was wondering if Miami could just sign him now for cheap to get a head start on things and the Bucs would be on the hook for the balance for 2 seasons.

The bucs are off the hook if he signs.....Miami has to absorb the money.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you sure? I thought I remember something like this with Gruden when the Bucs fired him. If the Bucs owe him 5 mil and another team signed him for 2 mil, then the Bucs would still be on the hook for 3 mil.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LMAO - I'd like to see the reaction of DT Suh and DE Jordan once Schiano yells "toes on the line!"

Suh is a nut case. This would be fun to watch. However, I don't think he gets the job.

Suh would be traded to the Pats in a week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you sure? I thought I remember something like this with Gruden when the Bucs fired him. If the Bucs owe him 5 mil and another team signed him for 2 mil, then the Bucs would still be on the hook for 3 mil.

I doubt ANY coach is going into that mess for less that what Schiano is still getting...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He lost me with the crashing the victory formation nonsense.

If the game was within a possession then there is still a chance to win.  It's called playing to the final whistle.  It's instilling a never surrender attitude.I'm sure you're much happier now with a defense that even McCoy called "soft".  That's saying something.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the game was within a possession then there is still a chance to win.  It's called playing to the final whistle.  It's instilling a never surrender attitude.I'm sure you're much happier now with a defense that even McCoy called "soft".  That's saying something.

The kneel down is a sissy play.  If you're afraid of your QB getting injured, hand the ball to a RB.  As Chefo said, play to the whistle if the score is close.  Some of the old guard in the NFL were a little jealous and soft.  Some, but not all.  Bradshaw, Howie Long, others had no problem with it. Kudos to Schiano for not playing to the soft side rules of the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could see him coaching in Miami, but at the University of Miami. I don’t think he’s a pro coach

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The kneel down is a sissy play.  If you're afraid of your QB getting injured, hand the ball to a RB.  As Chefo said, play to the whistle if the score is close.  Some of the old guard in the NFL were a little jealous and soft.  Some, but not all.  Bradshaw, Howie Long, others had no problem with it. Kudos to Schiano for not playing to the soft side rules of the NFL.

Yep...  Until that play, I wasn't quite sure what to make of Schiano.  Now, I wish he'd been allowed to run the sissies off instead of the other way around.  No way would he tank...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dear Hickey.Please hire Schiano.It will be hilarious to see another implosion in the Sunshine state.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

would be a better story if Josh was still on their roster and they brought in Schiano.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What’s a beotch is that with his lessons learned from his first go around in the NFL, he could very likely be successful this time.There is a precedence (Hoodie comes to mind) and they're 'buddies'.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Suh would stomp Schiano.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano had to go for his stubborn style, but I like the discipline he brought to a “youngry” team that needed it. Can anybody recall a Bucs game that was blown out by the end of the first half with Schiano in charge? If he gets a second chance in this league, I expect him to be a bit more flexible lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could see him coaching in Miami, but at the University of Miami. I don't think he's a pro coach

I don't think we really know.He was never given a fair shot here. The media was on his ass from the time he got here. That doesn't even count the errors in some of the media's reporting that they never really apologized for.The media got so many fans riled up, (don't forget the ridiculous bill boards) that the Glazers had to fire him.So he came from Rutgers. So what? Do we only sign head coach's from a select list of schools?  Since when? So he brought some Rutgers players to the team (adding to some who were already here) so what? Lovie has done it repeatedly and the same ones who criticized Schiano, say nothing. The table was never level for Schiano.We had no soft defense when he was here - even McCoy liked his style (from what I've read)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Suh would stomp Schiano.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could see him coaching in Miami, but at the University of Miami. I don't think he's a pro coach

I don't think we really know.He was never given a fair shot here. The media was on his ass from the time he got here. That doesn't even count the errors in some of the media's reporting that they never really apologized for.The media got so many fans riled up, (don't forget the ridiculous bill boards) that the Glazers had to fire him.So he came from Rutgers. So what? Do we only sign head coach's from a select list of schools?  Since when? So he brought some Rutgers players to the team (adding to some who were already here) so what? Lovie has done it repeatedly and the same ones who criticized Schiano, say nothing. The table was never level for Schiano.We had no soft defense when he was here - even McCoy liked his style (from what I've read)

what a bunch of mike mularkey.  he was sent packing because he did not win on the field or in the lockerroom.  he alienated the players, the media, the other coaches – but most importantly, he did not win.and i kinda remember the opposite from mccoy regarding schiano.  i remember mccoy running stunt after stunt and just asking to straight rush.  begging to just get up the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano and Domink were allowed to spend $16 million on a CB coming off a major injury.  Uncle Stan you usually like to hold Scott Reynolds feet to the fire when he is off the mark.  Well, it is YOUR turn now.Schiano was given loads of money, draft picks and good will by the Tampa Bay community.  In two years, he dismantled the talent acquired, and left the roster talent barren and loaded up spending money on a secondary built on flaws (two box safties, an overpaid CB). Meanwhile he was content to start Leonard Johnson as a starter opposite of Revis.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Meanwhile he was content to start Leonard Johnson as a starter opposite of Revis.

or easy e.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano didn’t get a “chance”.  What a load of baloney.  A big reason why Schiano and Dominik were sent packing was because of their big money spending sprees in free agency.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano didn't get a "chance".  What a load of baloney.  A big reason why Schiano and Dominik were sent packing was because of their big money spending sprees in free agency.

Why are Lovie and Licht still here?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano didn't get a "chance".  What a load of baloney.  A big reason why Schiano and Dominik were sent packing was because of their big money spending sprees in free agency.

They put together a plan to go back to square one because the Glazers would have send them packing too if they wanted to do another disasterous foray in free agency.The Glazers run the show not the red board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

because its been less than 2 seasons.  and as adw mentioned, LiLo and the Glazers have a longterm plan.i do agree that its unfortunate that it doesnt line up with the fans short term plan.  fingers crossed the longterm plan works.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

because its been less than 2 seasons.  and as adw mentioned, LiLo and the Glazers have a longterm plan.i do agree that its unfortunate that it doesnt line up with the fans short term plan.  fingers crossed the longterm plan works.

That long term plan was to feature an amazing franchise QB.... if Winston does not radically improve......and Mariota continues to be Mariota......all bets are off and both lovie and jase could be gone, sooner rather than later.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

.... the Glazers would have send them packing too if they wanted to do another disasterous foray in free agency...

Michael JohnsonVernerEDSMcCownCarterTraded for Kyle BrindzaTraded for George JohnsonRe-signed CB Leonard JohnsonRe-signed C Mike JenkinsetcSo umm ... Why are Lovie and Licht still here?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

.... the Glazers would have send them packing too if they wanted to do another disasterous foray in free agency...

Michael JohnsonVernerEDSMcCownCarterTraded for Kyle BrindzaTraded for George JohnsonRe-signed CB Leonard JohnsonRe-signed C Mike JenkinsetcSo umm ... Why are Lovie and Licht still here?

Schiano out spent Lovie and Raheem in free agency.  Combined.You have gone full retard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So I see the negative spin on player transactions…I would love to see the same list for the positive transactions (without minimizing them) from your perspective.  If you don't care to, that's cool.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That long term plan was to feature an amazing franchise QB.... if Winston does not radically improve......and Mariota continues to be Mariota......all bets are off and both lovie and jase could be gone, sooner rather than later.

if?  is one month a good sign of long term? what “amazing franchise QB” looks that way a month into his rookie year?  mariota isnt doing anything special, and take away his performance against our team and he hasnt done squat.lovie could certainly be gone soon.  i wouldnt pull the plug on licht and robinson though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

do you know who has more pull over transactions?  do you know which of those were lovie picks vs licht picks?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was actually the one thing I liked that Schiano did.With that being said, he is not made out for the NFL. It amazes me that people still defend this guy. You Schiano defenders whining about Lovie right now do realize that Schiano started his 2nd season off 0-8, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You Schiano defenders whining about Lovie right now do realize that Schiano started his 2nd season off 0-8, right?

Behind a QB that flamed out so hard he isn't even a backup anymore ...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

do you know who has more pull over transactions?  do you know which of those were lovie picks vs licht picks?

I know this, after the 1st year (who knows who picked what) Lovie stepped in and got HIS guys for this year.  Bruce CarterGeorge JohnsonRe-signed CB Leonard JohnsonRe-signed CB Mike JenkinsNone of these guys look good right now.To make matters worse, other guys are regressing.So regardless of who picked the players, bottom line is 9/10 players that DO come here play WORSE under Lovie.That's not how this is supposed to work.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano out spent Lovie and Raheem in free agency.  Combined.You have gone full retard.

You do realize Mark D was here before Schiano was here right? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know this, after the 1st year (who knows who picked what) Lovie stepped in and got HIS guys for this year.  Bruce CarterGeorge JohnsonRe-signed CB Leonard JohnsonRe-signed CB Mike JenkinsNone of these guys look good right now.To make matters worse, other guys are regressing.So regardless of who picked the players, bottom line is 9/10 players that DO come here play WORSE under Lovie.That's not how this is supposed to work.

i thought lovies guys were melton, moore and conte?is nickerson the problem for lavonte?and if all those guys were lovies guys, does licht have any guys?  is licht just a yesman like dominik?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i thought lovies guys were melton, moore and conte?is nickerson the problem for lavonte?and if all those guys were lovies guys, does licht have any guys?  is licht just a yesman like dominik?

... I'm sure Licht was beating down the door to start McCown over Glennon without any QB comp .. same with wanting to start Jenkins over Banks.  As for Dom the "yes man", do you really think Schiano had full roster control with Freeman starting in 2013 and Bowers still being on the roster.  Dom had "his guys" that didn't always align with what Schiano wanted.Bottom line on Licht vs Lovie is it doesn't ****ing matter because bottom line, Lovie HIRED Licht!  That's his boy.  So any and all roster decisions, cuts, trades, drafts all fall on Lovie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Suh would stomp Schiano.

Actually, Suh would probably be traded to the Pats.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Suh would stomp Schiano.

Actually, Suh would probably be traded to the Pats.

I don't think so.  You think Schwartz was an easy coach?I bet Suh would have appreciated the no-nonsense take no prisoners approach.Hell that was the one move this off-season that would have redeemed Lovie in my eyes.Yeah, we have a rookie QB and no offense to speak of, but go ahead and try and move the ball...Then again with Lovie's soft approach, Suh would have probably got Lovie's ass canned by now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You Schiano defenders whining about Lovie right now do realize that Schiano started his 2nd season off 0-8, right?

Behind a QB that flamed out so hard he isn't even a backup anymore ...

Freeman only started 3 games... so even if we take those losses out of the equation, he started 0-5 and finished with a total record of 4-9 with his guy at QB. Either way, the team regressed under the second season of Schiano. I remember there was a time where I truly thought it was possible we wouldn't win a game that year because Schiano was so stubborn and bad with the halftime adjustments.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As long as they don’t make him a HC, being a DC would probably benefit the Fish.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what a bunch of mike mularkey.  he was sent packing because he did not win on the field or in the lockerroom.  he alienated the players, the media, the other coaches - but most importantly, he did not win.and i kinda remember the opposite from mccoy regarding schiano.  i remember mccoy running stunt after stunt and just asking to straight rush.  begging to just get up the field.

You are right about the stunts but not about the discipline.Screw alienating the media, like that's important. The local media has always had their own agenda and it's been that way ever since i"ve lived here (1974).Bu today I saw hope. Scott jumped into the fray and finally someone in the media that has some respect locally, wrote an article which is the biggest surprise I have ever read. Thank you Scott. Hope your compadres join you.May now the other "do gooders, that don't make waves against  Lovie" will wake up. Won't hurt is some posters do the same.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Schiano is probably the most overrated coach in the history of college football.  And some on this board are pushing him to that level in the NFL.  The guy is a terrible coach and even worse as a person.  Period.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are right about the stunts but not about the discipline.Screw alienating the media, like that's important. The local media has always had their own agenda and it's been that way ever since i"ve lived here (1974).Bu today I saw hope. Scott jumped into the fray and finally someone in the media that has some respect locally, wrote an article which is the biggest surprise I have ever read. Thank you Scott. Hope your compadres join you.May now the other "do gooders, that don't make waves against  Lovie" will wake up. Won't hurt is some posters do the same.

what did i ever say about discipline?  and because morris swung too far in one direction, doesnt make it right to go overboard the other way.  discipline was certainly needed, but it just might have been taken too far.screw alienating the media?  "like thats important"?  isnt that your whole premise?  that schiano didnt get a shot?  i think you put way too much stock into the sports section.  the glazers arent making their decisions off fennelly and stroud.what is the local medias agenda?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I loved it. The game isn't over until its over.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree here.  If it is a one possession game, and you don't sandbag the opponents, I am good with it.Schiano got a lot of flak for things he deserved.  This was not one of them, in my opinion. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No one respects that kind of BS though. Remember Coughlin's reaction? Its best to keep things respectful, when you are a HC and/or GM in the NFL. Its a small fraternity, those dudes chat most every day. Just to shoot the breeze and talk about this player or that player.    After that incident, I doubt Coughlin would be taking any calls from the Bucs front office. He would give them a big F-you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No one respects that kind of BS though. Remember Coughlin's reaction? Its best to keep things respectful, when you are a HC and/or GM in the NFL. Its a small fraternity, those dudes chat most every day. Just to shoot the breeze and talk about this player or that player.    After that incident, I doubt Coughlin would be taking any calls from the Bucs front office. He would give them a big F-you.

Why do you care about Coughlin's crybaby routine?  ...and that's what it was...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why do you care about Coughlin's crybaby routine?  ...and that's what it was...

I wasn't talking about him specifically, I meant the whole league, as far as respect goes.

Please wait…

Viewing 68 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.