Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

He got me fo sho.

He was a massive X factor in this win. I tip my worthless cap to the young man. May better things lay ahead.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Devin White playing like an all pro as well.

This D is legit.

Once Vea is back? Oh boy.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

He got me fo sho.

He was a massive X factor in this win. I tip my worthless cap to the young man. May better things lay ahead.

Nice pick, but he also had a costly hands to the face penalty and a costly PI penalty. Both were on third down and extended Saints drives.

• tampaspicer

Participant

Confidence booster???????

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Hopefully confidence booster and a springboard to better and more consistent performances like this one. Keep your head down and working hard and then reap the results.

• nybuccguy

Participant

He had some bad plays which prevents this from being a legendary game. The interception is forever part of Bucs history now though. Significantly so if we advance further.

• Bucman

Participant

He is way better man to man. Hopefully they realized finally are DBs are way better at man coverage than zone

• Boid Fink

Participant

He did what he wasn’t usually asked to do, which was jam and go.

He will get used to it, once Bowles figured out he can trust these guys.

Of course, the Saints offense was easy to defend, and it was obvious from where I stood, and the results speak for themselves.

• delgreco

Participant

He is my least favorite player on the d, by far!!….but hell ya…he had an early pass break up, and I was stunned, SMB made a play….

but he came up big, that INT was huuuuuuuuuge…

• TBChucky

Participant

The secondary as a whole looked night and day different in man coverage! Go figure, everyone and their grandma on the Red Board has been saying that for weeks.. Bowles, you stubborn SOB, please stick with what works! At least for two more games!! 😁

He is way better man to man. Hopefully they realized finally are DBs are way better at man coverage than zone

• TBChucky

Participant

Shout out to SMB and the whole secondary! He had some mistakes, but the growth in confidence was obvious! The lights aren’t too bright for our youthful defensive back field. They have a HUGE challenge ahead of them next week. Hopefully they’ll continue to improve!

• m_j

Participant

yepp, confidence is a huge word … next week it counts!

• m_j

Participant

btw, I liked a lot what he said after the game. no big trash talk, but it sits well:

“Man, we just played ball,” Murphy-Bunting said, via NFL Network’s James Palmer. “I’m not the type to be doing the back and forth, he said, she said thing. But I took it to heart when during pregame I’m sitting on the bench, and he’s walking down the sideline mean-mugging me three or four times. I don’t say much, but when you do something like that, it’s like you’re trying me as a man. So with all that taunting stuff that he does, and muscles up and all that, he didn’t do it one time this game. I’m not going to sit here and trash talk anybody. He’s a really, really, really good receiver. Catch radius. He’s really talented. But at the end of the day, you’re not going to try me as a man. You’re not going to try any of my guys. We’re going to battle. That’s it.”

• 3rd String Kicker

Sean played an amazing game. He played aggressively which is what is or should be asked of secondary in today’s NFL. In doing that, you might have a call or two, but if you keep playing aggressive you might also swing a turnover or two. One of my favorite plays from SMB was when he dodged a screen block and stuck a tight end who looked twice his size. Devin came in with a nasty hit to clean up, but SMB had seemingly perfect technique on the play and prevented a big gain potentially.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Sean played an amazing game. He played aggressively which is what is or should be asked of secondary in today’s NFL. In doing that, you might have a call or two, but if you keep playing aggressive you might also swing a turnover or two. One of my favorite plays from SMB was when he dodged a screen block and stuck a tight end who looked twice his size. Devin came in with a nasty hit to clean up, but SMB had seemingly perfect technique on the play and prevented a big gain potentially.

Agreed. White made that tackle, but SMB made the play by setting his edge and forcing the ballcarrier back inside to White. Really good play by SMB.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He read it quick, got to his landmark to make the play, and wrapped up and held on. Great physical play, better diagnosis of the play, big time confidence booster.

Agreed. White made that tackle, but SMB made the play by setting his edge and forcing the ballcarrier back inside to White. Really good play by SMB.

• BChaves8

Participant

Hopefully this gives him the confidence to play more aggressive. The Defense looks to play with so much more passion when White is out there.

Gotta keep the momentum and take it to the Packers in their place!

• FireLicht2020

Participant

The hands to the face call worse horse shit.

The PI should have been called a hold.

Saints benefited from a bunch of 3rd down penalties.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.