Viewing 27 reply threads

• Author

• notabucsfan

Participant

@ProFootballTalk: Falcons LB Sean Witherspoon suffers ruptured Achilles tendon, expected to miss season http://t.co/fbN6JxSbrEHuge loss for the Falcons

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ouch

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tough break. He had a promising start to his career but you have to wonder if he’s just broken after missing 9 games last season, 3 in 2012, and now this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope he heals up soon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It sucks that they can’t put their best foot forward, because I’d rather REALLY rub in in their faces by beating them at full strength. Still.. couldn't have happened to a better team. Well..maybe the panthers..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed.  I dont wish injury on any team.  That sucks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sucks for him. Hope he has a successful and speedy recovery.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s too bad

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Horrible. Dilutes the games. ATL already jumping in the injury wagon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’ve had enough key players go down to empathize.  But it is football and winning comes down to depth of roster.Witherspoon is a good player.  I hope he can get past the injury bug.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate to see anyone get an injury like that, those are quite painful. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ask Bowers.  He had the knee issue upon arrival here, then the Achilles, and purportedly more knee issues last year.  Curious how much this injury relates to his poor conditioning and drive to play angry.Regardless, another 2nd rounder swirling in the crapper.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

tumblr_inline_mgifggKO1B1ryflv4.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ask Bowers.  He had the knee issue upon arrival here, then the Achilles, and purportedly more knee issues last year.  Curious how much this injury relates to his poor conditioning and drive to play angry.Regardless, another 2nd rounder swirling in the crapper.

Thinking about both situations, I cant help but think about a few studies I read a couple years ago.  They talked about how a lot of these injuries that werent all that prevalent 15+ years ago are largely due to the use of PEDs and these guys pushing their bodies to the max on the muscular side but not balancing that training with mobility and flexibility drills.  That being said, maybe Spoon will come back strong the same way Bowers did and the Falcons will hold onto him a few years longer than they should hoping to recapture the spark he had shown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Impact player, seems injury prone. To bad.

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

It is horrible, but...  'Dilutes the games'...?  That's ridiculous.No.  It's part of the game.Every team fights the injury bug every year.It's a violent sport.  Depth of roster, and "next man up" means everything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

oh well. They’re not feeling bad for us when Nicks went injured years ago or Freeman fell off the planet for us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sucks to be a Falcons fan. They gave up major draft picks to move up to select Julio Jones thinking they were a player away from the Super Bowl. They gambled and lost. Now they pay the price for the lack of depth on defense. Get well soon Mr. Witherspoon. CYA in 2015.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Those that think the Falcons will be fine without Gonzalez and their lack of depth on both D and Oline are crazy.  They are still a sub .500 team IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is horrible, but...  'Dilutes the games'...?  That's ridiculous.No.  It's part of the game.Every team fights the injury bug every year.It's a violent sport.  Depth of roster, and "next man up" means everything.

Thanks for the update. Err...yes it DILUTES the game. If I have to watch backup linebacker as opposed to 'Spoon, who is a better athlete and player, it DILUTES the quality of the game. Not too hard to fathom. It is also an excuse built in for other teams if the Bucs whip them.  Yes injuries happen.  What was it like watching the Colts without Manning when he busted his neck?  It was a diluted Colts team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t mind Atlanta playing a back up linebacker instead of Witherspoon. I want us to win the division and I wouldn’t feel bad at all if we ran over a couple of M.A.S.H. units doing it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t care, a win is a win.However, in regards to divisional opponents..I want them to KNOW that they had their absolute best out there...and STILL lost.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Obviously, but that isn’t the point.  Sure a win is a win, and you beat down guys you are supposed to.But again, to me, it reduces the quality of my entertainment, but in the end, I want W's just like anyone else.  I would just rather beat ATL WITH Spoon, than without.  Either is fine.I never wish injury on players.  Except Harrison, who was a scumbag, I don't care what HATE says....lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I never wish injury on players.  Except Harrison, who was a scumbag, I don't care what HATE says....lol.

every team needs an IDGAF type of player

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe I’ve been a college football fan too long, but NFC south division rivals sure as hell don’t feel like “rivals”. Only team I can feel disdain for is the Steelers and that’s even eroding.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I never wish injury on players.  Except Harrison, who was a scumbag, I don't care what HATE says....lol.

every team needs an IDGAF type of player

We got one. His name is Dashon, and he hits just as hard as Harrison did. Only he doesn’t headhunt and purposefully try to bend knees backwards or spear people with his helmet religiously. He was a walking felon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't care, a win is a win.However, in regards to divisional opponents..I want them to KNOW that they had their absolute best out there...and STILL lost.

No one has their absolute best out there . Everyone has injuries. Up until last year the Falcons have actually been luckier than most.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sucks to be a Falcons fan. They gave up major draft picks to move up to select Julio Jones thinking they were a player away from the Super Bowl. They gambled and lost. Now they pay the price for the lack of depth on defense. Get well soon Mr. Witherspoon. CYA in 2015.

Agreed.  A lot of media claim the Falcons won the trade because Cleveland got basically busts with all the picks they gained in the trade.  I disagree.  The Falcons lost (as did Cleveland) and suck on D because they lacked all of those draft picks.And the injury karma bug is finally catching up to them.  From 2008-2012, they basically went injury free.  Which helps A LOT to win 10+ games.  Hate to see injuries even if its to our rival and the one team I hate the most. 

Please wait…

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.