Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• GameTime

Participant

now who knows who will play in the playoffs, but i think the SEC certainly made a statement this past weekend.USC over UNCTxA&M over AZ StBama over WiscAuburn over LouisvilleTenn vs Okla is only real game week2

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

now who knows who will play in the playoffs, but i think the SEC certainly made a statement this past weekend.USC over UNCTxA&M over AZ StBama over WiscAuburn over LouisvilleTenn vs Okla is only real game week2

Did the SEC ever leave?  They are still recognized as the premier league in CFB with more decent teams at the top than any other conference.The one thing that has changed for the SEC and it started last season and that is the normal bottom feeders in the SEC annually can now beat those teams that are usually at the top of the conference.  JMO but I believe there is a strong possibility that the SEC champion will have 2 losses.That actually could mean being left out of the playoffs if there are 4 other teams with one loss or less. Boy will the fur fly then!  ;)Conference that took the worst beating last weekend ?  Pac 12. imoStanford losing to Northwestern and ASU getting stomped by A&M  OUCH!Those were both considered contenders for the PAC 12 championship and some even in the Final 4 playoff!Was not super impressed with Auburn and even less with South CarolinaBama looked good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no, the SEC never left.  but many people attempt to state that the SEC is overrated when they dont win the National Championship

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no, the SEC never left.  but many people attempt to state that the SEC is overrated when they dont win the National Championship

The end of last season and bowl games were not real successful for many of the alleged top SEC teams..  Auburn lost, Miss St lost, Ole Miss lost, LSU lost , Bama lost... The SEC West was called the best division in CFB and that looked a bit silly as all those West teams lost.The ACC teams beat Kentucky ,USC, Florida ,and Georgia in their rivalry games. Those results certainly didn't fit the narrative of SEC dominance in CFB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The ACC teams beat Kentucky ,USC, Florida ,and Georgia in their rivalry games. Those results certainly didn't fit the narrative of SEC dominance in CFB.

The ACC should have won all of those games. Those were the best four teams their conference had to offer, against the bottom of the SEC, save UGA. 1 FSU v. 9 UF2 GT v. 4 UGA3 CLEM v. 12 USC4 LOU v. 13 UK

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They never went anywhere.Of course, we had the regular shit for brains posts from the resident retards talking about the SEC West being overrated, after their weak showing in bowl games (they chose to ignore the ENTIRE regular season, where the West lost 0 OOC games), but in the end, they still knew the SEC was the best conference in CFB.I don't expect anything different his year. A team like Bama will barely miss out on the playoff, after playing a brutal schedule, lose a meaningless Sugar Bowl, and the same resident retards will start with more of the "See!!! The SEC is overrated!!! I knew it!!"These week one OOC victories will be lost memories for them ala LSU>Wisconsin, AU>KState, Bama>WVU, and OM>Boise State were last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The ACC teams beat Kentucky ,USC, Florida ,and Georgia in their rivalry games. Those results certainly didn't fit the narrative of SEC dominance in CFB.

The ACC should have won all of those games. Those were the best four teams their conference had to offer, against the bottom of the SEC, save UGA. 1 FSU v. 9 UF2 GT v. 4 UGA3 CLEM v. 12 USC4 LOU v. 13 UK

Weren't all those 4 SEC teams mentioned by the initial poster all favored?  Your point?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Weren't all those 4 SEC teams mentioned by the initial poster all favored?  Your point?

All except TA&M, with many sites favoring the #15 ranked Arizona State team.  Some did favor TA&M, but why is that?  Why would anybody favor the unranked, 9th/10th/11th best team in the SEC over the #15, 4th highest ranked team in the PAC12?I think my point is pretty clear, regarding the top-to-bottom nature of the conferences.  Although I have no doubt it's still lost on you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All except TA&M, with many sites favoring the #15 ranked Arizona State team.  Some did favor TA&M, but why is that?  Why would anybody favor the unranked, 9th/10th/11th best team in the SEC over the #15, 4th highest ranked team in the PAC12?I think my point is pretty clear, regarding the top-to-bottom nature of the conferences.  Although I have no doubt it's still lost on you.

A&M was favored on the site I went to.  Not disagreeing with the SEC overall being the best conference with more good teams than any other.  Point is the difference is not as great as it is being inferred. When GT steamrolled the former #1 team in the country in a bowl game that point is affirmed same with all the SEC West teams that lost in their bowl games. There are very good teams in every conference, the SEC just has a few more.  There are weak teams in the SEC but that seems to be changing a bit as only Vandy looks hopeless.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The SEC has a record 10 teams in the AP Top 25.  Only Florida, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt are not among the top 25.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i didnt realize A&M was favored as an unranked.  odd, because i thought the pollsters loved the SEC?i think the carolina game was close to a pick'em, but i might be wrong.  i didnt gamble or check lines.i didnt mean to infer a gap between the SEC and any other conference, just that the SEC won their OOC games in week 1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i didnt realize A&M was favored as an unranked.  odd, because i thought the pollsters loved the SEC?Polls and gambling lines don't always relate.  It is rather obvious by Biggs Post that the pollsters do love the SEC.  10 are in the best 25 in CFB ?  BSi think the carolina game was close to a pick'em, but i might be wrong.  i didnt gamble or check lines.i didnt mean to infer a gap between the SEC and any other conference, just that the SEC won their OOC games in week 1.understood my reply was to Biggs

Please wait…

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.