Viewing 6 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Seferian-Jenkins on Mariota: 'He's a Duck. What about him?'Greg Auman, Times Staff WriterWednesday, September 9, 2015 11:13pmseferian090915_8col_zpskkdt9nmn.jpgAsked if he's kept in touch with Marcus Mariota over the years, Austin Seferian-Jenkins was blunt. "Absolutely not," he said. "He went to Oregon."JAMES BORCHUCK They'll be on opposite sidelines Sunday as the Bucs and Titans meet, but five years ago, there seemed a real chance that Bucs tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota might star together in college at Washington.The two went to Huskies football camps together, but Mariota (who went to high school in Hawaii, but had family in Seattle) ultimately chose Oregon over Washington, with Seferian-Jenkins committing to his hometown Huskies later in the same summer of 2010, before their senior year of high school."He's a Duck. What about him?" Seferian-Jenkins said Wednesday, sitting at the locker next to Bucs rookie QB Jameis Winston. "I remember they beat our (butt) my sophomore year, and my junior year we played a little closer. He's a good dude. I knew him when I was in high school coming up, same recruiting class. We went to U-Dub's football camps together. He's a great guy, a classy individual, but I like who we have at quarterback, so I'm not worried about him."Mariota played well in two college games head-to-head against Seferian-Jenkins -- he threw for four touchdowns in a 52-21 Oregon win in 2012, then threw for 366 yards and three touchdowns in a 45-24 win in 2013, rushing for another 88 yards and another score. Asked if he's kept in touch with Mariota over the years, Seferian-Jenkins was blunt."Absolutely not," he said. "He went to Oregon."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now this is a total fluff piece. Worthless, drama free, just…zzzzz….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now this is a total fluff piece. Worthless, drama free, just...zzzzz....

who is getting fluffed?i liked this one - great quotes.  if you guys didnt dislike ASJ then youd love his statements.  not rude, not disrespectful, just blunt and awesome. 

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Now this is a total fluff piece. Worthless, drama free, just...zzzzz....

who is getting fluffed?i liked this one - great quotes.  if you guys didnt dislike ASJ then youd love his statements.  not rude, not disrespectful, just blunt and awesome.

Agree its good to here some stuff like that from him. He seems very passive most of the time. I wanna see a little edge. Both on and off the field.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Not a fluff piece. Just useless article.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought we wanted some edge? Or is that an exclusive thing?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought we wanted some edge?

Hell yea, we do......but on the grass, not in an interview!!

Please wait…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.