Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

asj_zpsvvglfxlp.jpgAustin Seferian-Jenkins | Tight EndTeam: Tampa Bay BuccaneersAge / DOB:  (22) / 9/29/1992Ht / Wt:  6'5' / 262College: Washington Tampa Bay Buccaneers Joe Kania said sophomore TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins was "impressive" during training camp practices.Seferian-Jenkins struggled to make a mark in preseason games, catching just 2-of-5 targets for 25 yards, but he reportedly dominated down the seams in practice. ASJ should be third in line for targets in Tampa and has real breakout potential. Sep 4 - 9:21 PMSource: buccaneers.com

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Practice like Tarzan, play like Jane.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

I thought he was unguardable.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

I thought he was unguardable.

I think hat's their way of saying he'll be on the final 53. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Totally worth the selection. Said no Buc fan. Ever.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Totally worth the selection. Said no Buc fan. Ever.

I still think we should have packaged our #2 and #3 and moved up to take Bridgewater. In hindsight, considering it would only have cost us ASJ and Sims, it wouldn't have been a bad deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know why so many are already down on this guy. How did Evans do this pre-season?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sadly, ASJ has to prove it this season. If he gets hurt again or drops too many passes, it’s better to put the bust label on him and move on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw all 5 of those targets, and only 3 were even catchable. But sure lets be impatient and judge him on 1.3 targets per game………

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im not higb on ASJ, but the offense will give him lots of chances to prove me wrong. We shall see. Judging him on preseason stats is silly though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn’t separate from defenders.  And he doesn’t use his size all that well as a run blocker either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Austin Stocker-Jenkins

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw all 5 of those targets, and only 3 were even catchable. But sure lets be impatient and judge him on 1.3 targets per game.........

I was going to point this very thing out. ASJ is not going to be the 2nd coming of Gonzo, but I'm still of the opinion that just off talent alone, he'll get 50+ catches this year. The guy, if motivated, could be great, he just doesn't seem to be very motivated. I guess we'll have to wait until his contract year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If ASJ catches 50+ receptions this year that would be a success and puts him out of the bust category.  But it seems far fetched right now given I haven’t seen enough separation form him for that to happen.ASJ will be an asset on curls and maybe underneath routes.  But when he was drafted the hope was that he would be a threat down the seem or running post routes.  But it seems like he doesn't play as fast as he should when the pads come on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know why so many are already down on this guy. How did Evans do this pre-season?

this isn't about preseason...it's about productivity. Evans has proven he can play in this league. ASJ has proven.....well, nothing!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy, if motivated, could be great, he just doesn't seem to be very motivated. I guess we'll have to wait until his contract year.

This is what i've said since his arrival. To me, he's a guy just going thru the motions. Hopefully, he proves me wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know why so many are already down on this guy. How did Evans do this pre-season?

this isn't about preseason...it's about productivity. Evans has proven he can play in this league. ASJ has proven.....well, nothing!!

He was injured throughout his rookie year and had garbage QB play. I'd like to give him a little more than half a season to hand him the bust label.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was injured throughout his rookie year and had garbage QB play. I'd like to give him a little more than half a season to hand him the bust label.

Rejus Benn was often injured and Mike Evans thrived with garbage QB play.You're well within your rights to wait to offer your assessment, i'm calling my shot now. Prove me wrong, ASJ!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rejus Benn was often injured and Mike Evans thrived with garbage QB play.You're well within your rights to wait to offer your assessment, i'm calling my shot now. Prove me wrong, ASJ!!!

I'm calling my shot after a season with a real offensive coordinator (one who loves to get the ball to his TE) and with a decent QB (hopefully).

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

the guy is what you all fear he is.  a bust.  this teams 2014 draft was a real stinker after the top 10 pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the guy is what you all fear he is.  a bust.  this teams 2014 draft was a real stinker after the top 10 pick.

i stand by what i've typed ad nauseum.....ASJ and Sims were awful picks and the more i watch Sims play, the more pissed I am at the selection. Dude is fast approaching Carnell-like HATE from me. Just turrrible!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis likes the guy. He’ll have every opportunity to do well this year but I’m not expecting much. Ian Beckles is constantly calling ASJ soft.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

i stand by what i've typed ad nauseum.....ASJ and Sims were awful picks and the more i watch Sims play, the more pissed I am at the selection. Dude is fast approaching Carnell-like HATE from me. Just turrrible!!

i never liked the Sims pick but i am willing to see what asj does this season before bagging on him to hard. But he really needs to have a good season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Listen idiot, your QB is a gang banger who looks like an alien. Take your freedom of speech elsewhere. Stop being a troll bit douche bitsch.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

The guy, if motivated, could be great, he just doesn't seem to be very motivated. I guess we'll have to wait until his contract year.

This is what i've said since his arrival. To me, he's a guy just going thru the motions. Hopefully, he proves me wrong.

I agree. I don't want to see him fail. I'd like to see him do well in the new offensive scheme; however, as mentioned, it just seems like he just goes through the motions.Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I agree. I don't want to see him fail. I'd like to see him do well in the new offensive scheme; however, as mentioned, it just seems like he just goes through the motions.Hopefully he proves me wrong.

He is saving it for gameday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He won't.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wait a minute Hate, you are being a bit unfair. One thing he has certainly proven is that he is a big wussy. He has all the skills and dominates in practice with no contact and then he wusses out when it comes to taking a hit.Exactly what I was afraid of when I noticed he broke zero tackles in college and 170 pound corners would bring him down easily. He is a mama's boy and needs to grow a pair asap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At least they didnt draft him top-5!

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

Listen idiot, your QB is a gang banger who looks like an alien. Take your freedom of speech elsewhere. Stop being a troll bit douche bitsch.

that’s just lazy.  You lazy Boid?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw all 5 of those targets, and only 3 were even catchable. But sure lets be impatient and judge him on 1.3 targets per game.........

1.3 targets per game says a lot.

Please wait…

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.