Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• SackedBySapp

Participant

I get home after an amazing few weeks down under……..I open up the computer to catch up on all things Bucs………and THIS is the first thing I see…..NFL players who have been huge training camp disappointmentsJameis Winston, quarterback, Tampa Bay Buccaneers[img width=310 height=200]http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BBlowze.img?h=470&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=1187&y=633[/img]Winston is a rookie, so of course there will be some struggles.Unfortunately, they have been so numerous early on that he earned a rather undesirable radio segment: “Our daily Jameis Winston interception roundup now.”During one of the practice sessions Winston reportedly threw three interceptions in five attempts.Hopefully Winston’s knack for interceptions, which is highlighted by him throwing 18 picks during his last year at Florida State, will be something he can correct over the preseason. It’s worth noting that his poor decision-making had been highlighted by many draft experts as something to keep an eye on going forward, despite his many positive attributes.We can’t help but note that Tennessee Titans rookie quarterback Marcus Mariota has yet to throw one interception in six days of practice.

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

Worst report ive ever seen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pay no attention to that. Lovie has said he’s throwing a lot of blitzes and different things at Jameis in order to best prepare him for real game situations. If I recall correctly, all 5 of those interceptions occurred during 11on11 blitz periods. Also, he’s a rookie with less than a week of training camp under his belt, and he was on fire yesterday. That article is grasping a bit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which radio station is doing a daily interception roundup?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pay no attention to that. Lovie has said he's throwing a lot of blitzes and different things at Jameis in order to best prepare him for real game situations. If I recall correctly, all 5 of those interceptions occurred during 11on11 blitz periods. Also, he's a rookie with less than a week of training camp under his belt, and he was on fire yesterday. That article is grasping a bit.

It's a good thing they won't be playing 11-0n-11 in real game situations...

Please wait…

• vlagatta

BnB…I hope you’re right.  nais……..  620 WDAE

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

Jameis looked very impressive yesterday. Interceptions are irrelevant at training camp. You can assume that there all his fault either. Maybe a couple were because of receivers running poor routes.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Pay no attention to that. Lovie has said he's throwing a lot of blitzes and different things at Jameis in order to best prepare him for real game situations. If I recall correctly, all 5 of those interceptions occurred during 11on11 blitz periods. Also, he's a rookie with less than a week of training camp under his belt, and he was on fire yesterday. That article is grasping a bit.

...........twas my thinking as well

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Jameis looked very impressive yesterday. Interceptions are irrelevant at training camp. You can assume that there all his fault either. Maybe a couple were because of receivers running poor routes.

danka for the heads up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

it's being done that way to acclimate him to legitimate NFL pressure...versus playing soft like the Titans are doing with Mariota...

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

Exactly^^^^ We are preparing Winston better for in game situations.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which is why you throw the kitchen sink at him now. You know...to LEARN.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which is why you throw the kitchen sink at him now. You know...to LEARN.

If you think he has the mentality and aptitude to handle it right away, throw him right in the deep end.  Otherwise I could see it being counter productive.  Shit, they are plodding through install practices.  I like the concept of it, and we saw from his ESPN predraft feature on setting up his pro day, Jameis seems to want the biggest challenge you can give him.  Love it, but not for most rookies imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s my take on the camp INTs. I don’t think it’s a good thing ANYTIME your QB throws a pick. Sure, it’s going to happen. There is no escaping it. However, for James, the only real concern I have is that these picks came early on, just like most of his picks in college. That tells me there could…..and I stress “could”, be something systematically flawed in his mental approach. I love the kid’s resiliency and all, but you can’t consistently throw picks that often and expect your team to win in the NFL. I don’t know. Maybe the kid just gets amped up at the start of the game and has to calm down. Regardless, I think he needs to work on his approach and once he does, I think we’ll see a corresponding drop in INTs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wait ’til he starts getting hit in real game situations…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dick LeBeau's defense doing a lot for Marcus Mariota at Titans campNASHVILLE, Tenn. -- In Week 1, Marcus Mariota will face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' straightforward cover-2 scheme.It doesn’t offer a lot of twist and turns and disguises. It seeks to be very good at doing the same things all the time.That should be an advantage for a rookie quarterback like Mariota, who won't have to sort through all sorts of adjustments, wrinkles and variations.But against his own defense in training camp, Mariota has been facing an adapting defense. Dick LeBeau’s 3-4 scheme isn’t giving Mariota the same thing twice on most plays.“I think that’s great exposure for us as an offense,” Mariota said. “It provides us versatility, allows us to see multiple looks that we will have to see during the season and really just helps us in our preparation.”Inside linebacker Avery Williamson said LeBeau, the assistant head coach/defense, doesn’t hesitate to call blitzes and that has to help a rookie quarterback trying to prepare for anything.Said tight end Delanie Walker: “We know when some things are coming, because they do a lot of things a lot. But sometimes they switch it up and we do not know what’s going on and I think that’s a good look for the offense. LeBeau gives us a lot of different things and when we go against other defenses I feel like we’ll be able to game them and know what we are doing.“With LeBeau, we’re not scouting them and they are giving us 10 different looks for every play. I think that’s healthy for our offense, and it’s a good look for our young quarterback to see so much going on. When we play a defense that just plays cover-2 or cover-3, he’s going to see that right away and know what to do.”It could overwhelm some guys, and a lot of teams with young quarterbacks have to spend time calculating how much is enough and how much is too much as they seek not to overwhelm.But Mariota came back from NFL down time ready to advance from Chapter 1 to Chapters 2 and 3 on plays, quarterbacks coach John McNulty said. The Titans aren’t really slowing anything down for a guy who’s catching on well.Said LeBeau to Jim Wyatt of the Titans' website: “Our package is extensive and from that standpoint we are showing him everything. I don’t think he is going to go into a game and say, “Jeez, I’ve never seen that before, or something like it.'”The Titans' giant addition on defense, LeBeau, is having a big early impact on their big addition on offense, Mariota.Or, there's always this:Straight from Dick Lebeau's mouth: (from titanruss)“We are getting ready to play against every quarterback in the league, so he is getting everything. We are going to show him everything that he will see,” LeBeau, assistant head coach/defense, said on Wednesday. “By the time he has gone against us through this training camp and the coaching sessions, there may be a little different configurations, but basically he would have seen all the pressures and all the man (coverage) or zone.“Our package is extensive and from that standpoint we are showing him everything. I don’t think he is going to go into a game and say, “Jeez, I’ve never seen that before, or something like it.”“We are making some interceptions, I know we are not shut out, so somebody has thrown a couple,’’ LeBeau said with a smile. “Hey, I hope (Mariota) never throws a pick.”“I see some pretty quick decision making by him, which is great for his position,’’ LeBeau said of Mariota. “Once he makes a decision, it doesn’t take him long to act, and I think those will be plus things.”Sure sounds like Lebeau is throwing all types of looks at Mariota and the offense, getting them ready for a plethora of different situations, including blitzing.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Sure sounds like Lebeau is throwing all types of looks at Mariota and the offense, getting them ready for a plethora of different situations, including blitzing.

.....and he's yet to throw an INT

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The dude rarely threw picks in college. Why is it vanilla defenses or whatever crap you guys wanna throw out there to make yourselves feel better when he’s not throwing picks now?Maybe he's actually who he's always been. A smart QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So the question then becomes, "is the defense finally getting a passrush at a competent level, or is jameis going to just simply have trouble with nfl dbs?"Hopefully, it is just getting the "bs" throws out of the way before the season. Because honestly, even though i feel as if the defense improved over the offseason, i also feel as if they're still not in the top fifteen yet.And, as far as competition in PS is concerned, a weaker defense is not going to help jameis grow. So, at the very least, we had better hope that tampa's defense's balls finally dropped.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Translated: "I am sad about Mike"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota crowd creeping back in?Go to him. Go to him.

The dude rarely threw picks in college. Why is it vanilla defenses or whatever crap you guys wanna throw out there to make yourselves feel better when he's not throwing picks now?Maybe he's actually who he's always been. A smart QB.

Or, maybe what he did in college has squat to do with what he'll do in the league. Until we see it, there's no telling what type of QB he will be. Personally, I think his college system helped minimize interceptions. Look at other QBs to come from Kelly's system. Hell, even Nick Foles posted a 27:2 TD:INT in one full season with Kelly. The problem with Mariota is, he's not playing in Kelly's system anymore. There is and should be a reasonable expectation that he will throw his fair share of picks. Whatever they're doing in camp won't change that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What the hell, give him the MVP, he wont throw a pick all year, and he will lead the league in rushing sure as shit

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dick LeBeau's defense doing a lot for Marcus Mariota at Titans campNASHVILLE, Tenn. -- In Week 1, Marcus Mariota will face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' straightforward cover-2 scheme.It doesn’t offer a lot of twist and turns and disguises. It seeks to be very good at doing the same things all the time.That should be an advantage for a rookie quarterback like Mariota, who won't have to sort through all sorts of adjustments, wrinkles and variations.But against his own defense in training camp, Mariota has been facing an adapting defense. Dick LeBeau’s 3-4 scheme isn’t giving Mariota the same thing twice on most plays.“I think that’s great exposure for us as an offense,” Mariota said. “It provides us versatility, allows us to see multiple looks that we will have to see during the season and really just helps us in our preparation.”Inside linebacker Avery Williamson said LeBeau, the assistant head coach/defense, doesn’t hesitate to call blitzes and that has to help a rookie quarterback trying to prepare for anything.Said tight end Delanie Walker: “We know when some things are coming, because they do a lot of things a lot. But sometimes they switch it up and we do not know what’s going on and I think that’s a good look for the offense. LeBeau gives us a lot of different things and when we go against other defenses I feel like we’ll be able to game them and know what we are doing.“With LeBeau, we’re not scouting them and they are giving us 10 different looks for every play. I think that’s healthy for our offense, and it’s a good look for our young quarterback to see so much going on. When we play a defense that just plays cover-2 or cover-3, he’s going to see that right away and know what to do.”It could overwhelm some guys, and a lot of teams with young quarterbacks have to spend time calculating how much is enough and how much is too much as they seek not to overwhelm.But Mariota came back from NFL down time ready to advance from Chapter 1 to Chapters 2 and 3 on plays, quarterbacks coach John McNulty said. The Titans aren’t really slowing anything down for a guy who’s catching on well.Said LeBeau to Jim Wyatt of the Titans' website: “Our package is extensive and from that standpoint we are showing him everything. I don’t think he is going to go into a game and say, “Jeez, I’ve never seen that before, or something like it.'”The Titans' giant addition on defense, LeBeau, is having a big early impact on their big addition on offense, Mariota.Or, there's always this:Straight from Dick Lebeau's mouth: (from titanruss)“We are getting ready to play against every quarterback in the league, so he is getting everything. We are going to show him everything that he will see,” LeBeau, assistant head coach/defense, said on Wednesday. “By the time he has gone against us through this training camp and the coaching sessions, there may be a little different configurations, but basically he would have seen all the pressures and all the man (coverage) or zone.“Our package is extensive and from that standpoint we are showing him everything. I don’t think he is going to go into a game and say, “Jeez, I’ve never seen that before, or something like it.”“We are making some interceptions, I know we are not shut out, so somebody has thrown a couple,’’ LeBeau said with a smile. “Hey, I hope (Mariota) never throws a pick.”“I see some pretty quick decision making by him, which is great for his position,’’ LeBeau said of Mariota. “Once he makes a decision, it doesn’t take him long to act, and I think those will be plus things.”Sure sounds like Lebeau is throwing all types of looks at Mariota and the offense, getting them ready for a plethora of different situations, including blitzing.

He's definitely the shit...........big mistake, hey Moose how is the grip on his jock, still tight......... go TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota fan boys BUTT HURT thread…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's definitely the (censored)...........big mistake, hey Moose how is the grip on his jock, still tight......... go TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry you can't have a conversation that doesn't involve coddling JW's ballsack.My point was just showing that other teams are preparing their qb in practice. JW fanboys are all bent out of shape thinking that only JW is getting blitzed, only JW is getting prepared for every scenario. I hope like hell Koetter and Frazier attempt to throw everything but the kitchen sink at JW and he gets it so he looks like the qb that Tampa's never had. But to sit here and think that no other rookie qb is going to get blitzed or have defense mask their concepts to prepare them as well is utter stupidity.But enjoy the koolaid with runole.

Please wait…

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.