Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 51 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

No bueno. Hopefully this is very isolated. Contact tracing to come…

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Nooooo

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Smh.

Of course 2 of our best 5 defensive players.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

If they tested positive they’ll be out for the wildcard game too

#BucsLife

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Guess can’t avoid it forever although they’ve been very fortunate to not have many COVID related issues. Means the offense is going to have to score big points again I think because Atlanta will have offense humming too.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

According to rappaport white is positive. Will miss playoff game. Must isolate for 10 days.

Barrett not showing symptoms. On track to be back for playoffs.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

According to rappaport white is positive. Will miss playoff game. Must isolate for 10 days.

Barrett not showing symptoms. On track to be back for playoffs.

Smfh White out for the playoffs good thing we’re playing the NFC least

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Steve mclendon to covid 19 list as well.

When it rains it pours.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by DEBUCSOWN.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Alvin Kamara is out with a positive test as well. Talk about a major blow!

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Shouldn’t be an issue since Devin White is a bust and all…

• buc_boi

Participant

Wasn’t Devin White labeled a bust by the members of this very message board?

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Hopefully some big name Redskins players get it.
      Their rookie DE from ohio state- Horse Hair. Hope he gets it.

• BP1

Participant

Okay I have to ask this question because I feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t know. If they were all together as a defense at practice, how is the entire starting defense not on COVID protocol? I seem to remember several players on the Titans being together earlier in the season at practice and all being put on protocol. I think they even moved the game. I understand they are not able to do that now.

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

…laughing at Kamara and the jinxed Saints

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJhMrFnlJQN/?igshid=qsg3oziwy8bz

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Okay I have to ask this question because I feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t know. If they were all together as a defense at practice, how is the entire starting defense not on COVID protocol? I seem to remember several players on the Titans being together earlier in the season at practice and all being put on protocol. I think they even moved the game. I understand they are not able to do that now.

Fair question.
      Nothing with this process goes logically in my opinion.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Shaq will probably still play in the playoffs.

You’d think they’d just delay the game by a day.

Not sure what makes some times special and others not on the reschedules?

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

Fair question.
      Nothing with this process goes logically in my opinion.

I don’t feel good about us playing the game on Sunday. The Falcons C is on the COVID list and he snaps the ball to Matt Ryan who hands the ball off to their RB. These players are not on the list. Maybe I’m being too COVID sensitive.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

I only see that both of the guys reported today (white, kamara) are still possibilities to play on playoff Sunday and not for sure out.

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

Fuuuuck!

• Boid Fink

Participant

They won’t play. RoJo missed two weeks…

I only see that both of the guys reported today (white, kamara) are still possibilities to play on playoff Sunday and not for sure out.

• JC5100

Participant

Barrett’s wife posted a pretty explosive post on Instagram. It was pretty long but here’s one of the lines.

“We were not the ones who were reckless and exposed the team.”

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Yea some of these posters said they rather see Minter in over white lol… just to prove that Licht was wrong in selecting White at 5..

• JC5100

Participant

Yea some of these posters said they rather see Minter in over white lol… just to prove that Licht was wrong in selecting White at 5..

We don’t have to prove White was the wrong pick at 5, it’s already a closed case. Minter in base and Mike Edwards in nickel is what some of us wanted to see, yes.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

We don’t have to prove White was the wrong pick at 5, it’s already a closed case. Minter in base and Mike Edwards in nickel is what some of us wanted to see, yes.

Clown shoes clown is a clown…

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

I’ve been a die hard fan my entire life but we deserve what we get with some of the so called fans of this team!!!
      First off , we are NOT guaranteed the NFC East .. if we lose n Rams win , guess what?? Also , where do you think we will just win vs NFC East ??! You think Washington can’t give us fits? They are an 11 win team w Alex Smith (.700 team sine 18’ 14-6) Dallas 3 WRs could smoke our DBs!! N Zeke, Pollard could run right up the middle NOW!! Anyone who thinks losing the ENFORCER of a top ten D , that’s #1 vs run n 4th in sacks who contributed 130 n 9 respectively is a “ good” thing to be OUT??!! You’re an absolute IDIOT and first class MORON! He will be SORELY missed come rd 1!
      Like I’ve said a handful of times , CAREFUL what you wish for !!! There’s 30 teams that would kill to have Devin White in the middle of their defense. I guess we should trade 9 sacks and 130 tackles for 5 pass breakups? Go watch Kelce in KC game catch n drop like a girl to the ground.
      Guys know 45 is coming!! His hustle play vs Carson last year or running 15 yrds to smack D Carr short of first down. The one arm body slams, and closing speed to get the sacks. Come on man , he’s a very good player. What have you watched the last 10 yrs prior to him here???
      For the record, D White didn’t lose a single game for us this year. Brady cost us the Saints opener , Rams and KC games as much as anyone. Lavonte has been absent at times as well. Should we rag on those guys too? There’s a reason Kevin Minter is well…. Kevin Minter. Let’s hope he doesn’t go down vs Atl.. or did some of the pea brains not think that one out fully.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

I think the game delays have been about trying to ensure the players on the field aren’t going to pass it to other players on the field. So it’s about the timing of positive tests, not who tests positive. If more positives show up today, then I think the game will get pushed back.

Is Barrett’s wife implying that D. White or someone else was reckless?

These are major losses for the Bucs, but we can overcome them. Let’s just hope it’s limited to these guys and doesn’t turn into a Ravens type situation.

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

Barrett’s wife posted a pretty explosive post on Instagram. It was pretty long but here’s one of the lines.

When are players wives going to learn to keep their trap shut?

• TURBO

Participant

Never, they think they are imprtant.

• Nobody

Participant

I’m not sure what other people have said about Minter vs White, but here is the reality:

1) They are mostly indistinguishable as Coverage players (this should read…they are both extremely poor coverage players).

2) Minter is a better B gap < > B Gap run fit player. He’s more disciplined in his key-reading and his cognitive loop appears quicker/cleaner there, and he’s better at not getting caught up in the wash/taking on climbing OL with the correct shoulder, sufficient to either make the tackle or make the appropriate play on the ball carrier so that it declares to help.

3) Minter is a solid blitz player. He is not White’s equal here at all, but he’s a solid player.

4) Minter isn’t even close to White as an Spill player on the edge.

5) Minter isn’t even close to White as a run-and-chase playmaker or a Green Dog player (unfortunately, Bowles hasn’t put White in this role NEARLY enough as the plays have piled on…for whatever inexplicable reason, he’s actually SEVERELY contracted White’s # and % of plays in that role as time has accrued).

My surmise is that what this will mean as that we’ll see a LOT more 3 Safeties. It will be mostly Edwards subbing for White, not Minter. Minter will obviously see plenty of time in Base, but we’ll (hopefully) be in Big Dime a huge % of the time with the 3 Safeties rolling/rotating as the extra box player on a play by play basis.

• RW

Participant

I’ve been a die hard fan my entire life but we deserve what we get with some of the so called fans of this team!!!
      First off , we are NOT guaranteed the NFC East .. if we lose n Rams win , guess what?? Also , where do you think we will just win vs NFC East ??! You think Washington can’t give us fits? They are an 11 win team w Alex Smith (.700 team sine 18’ 14-6) Dallas 3 WRs could smoke our DBs!! N Zeke, Pollard could run right up the middle NOW!! Anyone who thinks losing the ENFORCER of a top ten D , that’s #1 vs run n 4th in sacks who contributed 130 n 9 respectively is a “ good” thing to be OUT??!! You’re an absolute IDIOT and first class MORON! He will be SORELY missed come rd 1!
      Like I’ve said a handful of times , CAREFUL what you wish for !!! There’s 30 teams that would kill to have Devin White in the middle of their defense. I guess we should trade 9 sacks and 130 tackles for 5 pass breakups? Go watch Kelce in KC game catch n drop like a girl to the ground.
      Guys know 45 is coming!! His hustle play vs Carson last year or running 15 yrds to smack D Carr short of first down. The one arm body slams, and closing speed to get the sacks. Come on man , he’s a very good player. What have you watched the last 10 yrs prior to him here???
      For the record, D White didn’t lose a single game for us this year. Brady cost us the Saints opener , Rams and KC games as much as anyone. Lavonte has been absent at times as well. Should we rag on those guys too? There’s a reason Kevin Minter is well…. Kevin Minter. Let’s hope he doesn’t go down vs Atl.. or did some of the pea brains not think that one out fully.

I would say White’s poor pass coverage have strongly contributed to a couple of losses; the Bears and the Rams. And comparing White with Brady this year??? White’s player grade from PFF (Pro football Focus) for 2020 is 43.4 which is very poor. Brady’s is 91.9 which is: 1) Great 2) the best on the team and 3) 3rd best QB in the NFL.

The team will miss White in getting after the QB but certainly not in pass coverage.

• Nobody

Participant

One other quick thought:

Anyone who thinks 1 (or even 2) games is a sufficient dataset to make an informed opinion is just a partisan masquerading as an analyst.

If our defense performs well against Atlanta without White (and they now have Julio Jones healthy), that doesn’t say anything by itself.

If our defense performs worse against Atlanta without White, that doesn’t say anything by itself.

Same goes for the WC game.

There are a large number of degrees of freedom of performance for this defense and its play against any given opponent (one of which is unrelated to our own defense…it could be the personnel/gameplanning/play of the other team) that have little to do with White (or Vea for that matter). After a large enough look (such as the difference in defense I’ve covered with Vea being out), you can be confident in your assessment.

• RW

Participant

She responded to a