Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• bradentonian

Participant

Not a believer in a “curse”, but I’m sure it will come uphttp://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?rw=1

Richard Sherman - DB - SeahawksRichard Sherman will be on the cover of "Madden NFL 15."Sherman becomes the third defensive player to make the cover, joining Ray Lewis (2005) and Troy Polamalu (2010). He's also the second Seahawk to have the honor, behind Shaun Alexander (2007). The alleged Madden "Curse," which is typically a simple case of natural regression, has been debunked in recent years. Adrian Peterson had a solid campaign last year, and Calvin Johnson blew up for a 122-1,964-5 line when he was on the cover in 2012.Source: ESPN.com Jun 9 - 9:02 AM

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To all the youth: Rant, pound your chest, draw attention to yourself while shaming your opponent. It’s all about self-promotion.:/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…so we are not surprised by the up and comers. -This behavior is not only inherited as okay, but very marketable. Crazy but we should not be surprised as we see it happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I read somewhere that Ron Rivera voted for Sherman just so Newton wouldn’t win it…  ha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Amendment: Crazy but we should not be surprised as we see it CONTINUE TO happen.Sherman ain't the first.From a fan standpoint, it's makes you wonder why people gravitate to this seemingly bad character stuff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Amendment: Crazy but we should not be surprised as we see it CONTINUE TO happen.Sherman ain't the first.From a fan standpoint, it's makes you wonder why people gravitate to this seemingly bad character stuff.

Sherman doesnt have "bad character stuff"...but if you personally dont like him thats on you.  Pretty sure we dont want to look at the illustrious "character" history of those gracing the Madden cover.  I know I personally have owned copies with Ray Lewis and Mike Vick on the covers...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To all the youth: Rant, pound your chest, draw attention to yourself while shaming your opponent. It's all about self-promotion.:/

...so we are not surprised by the up and comers. -This behavior is not only inherited as okay, but very marketable. Crazy but we should not be surprised as we see it happen.

You're overreacting to him being competitor. Hes had zero off the field incidents. He's a good player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To all the youth: Rant, pound your chest, draw attention to yourself while shaming your opponent. It's all about self-promotion.:/

...so we are not surprised by the up and comers. -This behavior is not only inherited as okay, but very marketable. Crazy but we should not be surprised as we see it happen.

You're overreacting to him being competitor. Hes had zero off the field incidents. He's a good player.

Agreed.  Although he may not be a model "sportsman", he is a self-made man, born in Compton, Cali, Stanford graduate,  and seemingly articulate.The fact that he runs his mouth during a high stakes game, particularly while playing position that is very much based on a mono y mono psychological battle of confidence, I think is something that has to be taken in context with his overall off-field character, and the character of the game itself.Not a lovable player.  But he's undoubtedly successful due to his style, and that's all that matters in this game, enough cumulative success to win the super bowledit: also, a kid's primary character cues should 1000% come from the parents, if not, then it is a complete failure by the parents.  Sure, these kids can have secondary "heroes" that play the game, but the way you act should always come from your parents (or guardian).  It's not on these players to play the role these kids' parents should play

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guys, I never said he’s a criminal. LolHe's not the model of sportsmanship. He's rewarded with millions and the cover of a video game. My initial thought has dual approaches: 1: His behavior as known to the public is not a great example for kids.2: Can't blame him for being a loud mouth because it works.So kids, pound your chest and take credit.. It's all about capitalizing and getting over. -It works!Fine world.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Madden 15 : Thug Life Edition

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guys, I never said he's a criminal. LolHe's not the model of sportsmanship. He's rewarded with millions and the cover of a video game. My initial thought has dual approaches: 1: His behavior as known to the public is not a great example for kids.2: Can't blame him for being a loud mouth because it works.So kids, pound your chest and take credit.. It's all about capitalizing and getting over. -It works!Fine world.

I'm not a Sherman fan but the kid grew up in Compton, got good enough grades to go to and graduate from Stanford, was drafted in the 5th round and turned himself into one of the top 3 corners in the league. So yeah he talks to much and comes across as a "me" guy on camera at times but kids could certainly have a worse roll model.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whoa whoa whoa. Now don't call him a thug. He's just a douche. If you consider my comments, it's much more about us consumers and what the retailers think that we respond to than about Sherman

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guys, I never said he's a criminal. LolHe's not the model of sportsmanship. He's rewarded with millions and the cover of a video game. My initial thought has dual approaches: 1: His behavior as known to the public is not a great example for kids.2: Can't blame him for being a loud mouth because it works.So kids, pound your chest and take credit.. It's all about capitalizing and getting over. -It works!Fine world.

I'm not a Sherman fan but the kid grew up in Compton, got good enough grades to go to and graduate from Stanford, was drafted in the 5th round and turned himself into one of the top 3 corners in the league. So yeah he talks to much and comes across as a "me" guy on camera at times but kids could certainly have a worse roll model.

Given all the choices, going with the "it could be worse" explanation sounds a bit un-ambitious.. LolBtw, in my prior comment I called him a d0uche

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not really sure what your argument is Defensewins? You do know he is gracing the cover of Madden because the “youth” you want protected took to their electronic components and voted for him numerous times a piece.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defense wins must have HATED Sapp.. I see DJ took a break from his other name here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What are you talking about Milton ? I’ve been on vacation. Everyone knows this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defense wins must have HATED Sapp.. I see DJ took a break from his other name here.

Actually, Sapp is my favorite Buc ever. Fierce leader of men and one of the greatest of all time!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you’re thinking of comparing him, think twice

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…it looks “mediocre.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sherman is not a bad guy. He talks a lot of smack but he backs it up. If he sucked it would be a different story. Only reason Warren sapp gets the fame he has is because he backs it up. Look at the shows that get a lot of ratings. It’s always the guy people love to hate. Don’t blame Sherman. It’s the people for being attracted to that kind of behavior. However if he sucked he would be ignored.

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.