Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 reply threads

• Author

• Darktanian

Participant

He’d have to sit for a season, but he’d inherit a great roster. Not to mention he’d get to learn from the goat.

I also think he’s got the talent to keep the Bucs winning for another 5 seasons.

• Darktanian

Participant

• leeroybuc93

Participant

I don’t think so mostly because I’d like to maximize our chances with Brady using our draft picks. Also, there’s no way in hell Watson would be happy sitting for a year. He’s not some reclamation project like Jameis. That would probably piss him off more than he’s already pissed off at Houston.

• aquilus

Participant

….not for 3 first round draft picks

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

There’s no way anyone is gonna pay 3 first round draft picks for Watson.

But the amount of picks/ players is going to take to get him…. I’d rather pass.

Green Bay will probably move on from Rodgers after 2021 and we can sign him then

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I could see him fetching two firsts, easy. Maybe not 3.

Hell stafford will even fetch a late first or early 2nd.

• theknees

Participant

Nope. Not happening.

• Lawdy

Participant

no way is he gonna wanna sit behind anybody

• buc-in-out

Participant

If Jamal Adams, a box safety with 2 career INTs is worth 2 first round picks and a 3rd round pick along with a starting safety, just imagine what a 26 year old superstar QB built for the modern NFL will command…

My succession plan would be to try and land Sam Darnold for cheap..

There will be MANY question marks at QB this off-season: Watson, Stafford, Wentz, Garoppolo, Rodgers, Dak, Goff, Darnold, and Tua.

Its possible all of those QBs will be playing for new teams this year.. combine that with Rivers and Brees retiring, it’s going to be an interesting off-season.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Would I like it, sure, I’d like to have Deshaun, but as others have said, the price will be too high.

• seekpar

Participant

Not a snowball’s chance in hell.

• kenntak

Participant

3 first round draft picks, seriously? Why would anyone consider that?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Same reason jamal adams went for 2.

Elite players are proven commodities. Draft picks are not.

• m_j

Participant

he would not accept to sit next year, so forget it

apart from that great player. that freezing night in ray jay when he took sabans alabama apart will alway stay in my memory. . . . as much as not hearing to my wife and wearing only thin hoodie for the game :-)

• buc_boi

Participant

Please no

Dude is so overrated

• Natural Selection

Participant

Personally, I’m trying not to get so upset when I see some of our fans talking about succession plans. It just makes me bluster to watch us be bad/hopeless for over a decade and already start talking about what’s next in Tom Brady’s first year with us. I want to wait until Tom Brady quits before I START to think about what’s next. Or if he has a season where he can’t get the ball 20 yards downfield. Then I’d want to give him at least one more season to be sure it’s really over. If that means a few down years after Brady hangs it up, whenever that is, FINE!!!! I’m well fucking trained for the down years. Give me as many Brady seasons as possible and dedicate maximum resources to winning that year, every fucking year until it’s a burning pile of rubble. Mother fuck succession plans, pardon my language.

• Watchman

Participant

I don’t think it is too early to be thinking about the future or even planning for it. I would not be in favor of Watson because I think the cost will be too high.

Brady has one more year after this one, then who knows what he’ll do. So this is something the Bucs should be thinking about. The price to get Watson will likely be insane.

There is also an aspect of Watson forcing his way out, right after signing a massive contract. I’m all for Watson getting out if that’s what he wants, but if I was running a team that would be a red flag to me. Are teams going to have any concern that if they don’t hire a coach he likes, someone in the front office, or draft a player he wants, then he’ll do the same thing?

Players having more leverage could come with less guaranteed $ or lower value on the contract.

The Texans situation may be unique, and they’ve certainly made some weird moves, and have some interesting people pretty high up in their organization.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Should they? If this was madden, yep.

Can they? Unfortunately not, no.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

He won’t want to sit, and not at that price tag.

• TampaManiac

Participant

If Watson is the answer hes avialable a year too early. Seems like the Bucs are in position to wait until Brady retires to make a move at QB in free agency. And it dont look like Brady is ready to retire.

In the meantime we might take a rookie QB if they can get somebody they love.

When Brady does retire this is looking like a great destination for a QB. Who wouldnt want to take over for Tom Bradys offense?

• TURBO

Participant

Bad timing…

Let me ask this question, if Watson could be had for 3, 4, 5 years, would anyone rather have him than Brady starting next season?

• dexmonkey

Participant

no way

it could be a potential franchise crippling move. say he commands 3 firsts plus that salary. you’re going to be lean as hell on draft capital for years. id possibly consider it if we had multiple first rounder this season so you’d essentially only be missing a number 1 pick for this year and next

but then you get to the major crippling part and thats the contract. the cap is likely not going up for a couple years and we’ve got a bunch of guys who are gonna need extensions in the near future. you somehow get Watson and you kiss Godwin goodbye, probably LVD, maybe Vea in years plus Davis will be coming due.

so now say he regresses or tears up a knee for a third time and now you dont have the cap space or picks to replace him. welcome to complete irrelevance and praying that you hit on a bunch of late round gems

• seekpar

Participant

Another reason…Watson sounds too much like Winston…

• dexmonkey

Participant

i dont get the hype with Watson. i just dont think hes that good. he reminds me of Matt Stafford. he compiles stats but theyre hollow because he doesnt win anything

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.