Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 55 reply threads

• Author

• Vance

Participant

Seems like his sexual assault case is growing some legs. This might be the hold up of the resigning of Brown.

https://apple.news/ANA7KVOz-QZK6B-orfYQHrw

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I wonder if Deshaun or Antonio are Eskimo brothers? 🧐

• Lawdy

Participant

looks like fitz may be necessary

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Yeah his legal troubles have been severely understated by the media & fans. They didn’t just go away. I’d like adding Fitz but we have a lot of possession receivers and te’s already.

IMO Brown is obviously ideal, but if not I wouldn’t mind Tate if he’s around 3M max.

• Roy

Participant

They may not need to sign any more WRs depending on how much they like Tyler Johnson. Its a deep WR draft class and they could pick up another WR in the midrounds. Miller is solid and Watson is still there to fill in a depth position. If Brown is out of the picture because of his legal troubles, then I don’t know they would pursue any free agents. Golden Tate is still out there probably wanting more money than the Bucs want to pay, but the others are nothing to get excited about.

• adkindo

Participant

if a guy like Tylan Wallace is available in the 3rd Round, I would jump on that

• Bucman

Participant

Why do people want Fitz? Hes cooked. No reason to sign him and have him take snaps from Tyler Johnson and Scotty Miller.

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

Leave Fitz right where he’s at. He’s not worth stifling the development of Scotty and TJ

• Swash

Participant

The Brown case is exactly where it was during the course of the season.. “discovery” in a civil case is usually standard. Still have yet to see any criminal charges filed on this, until then, it hasn’t grown any legs. The fact is Antonio has been offered a close-to-minimum deal for his services that he very may well take, but before he signs the dotted line he’s seeing if another team like the Seahawks comes in and offers more. I find it hard to believe after all his legal costs dude has very much $$$

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Gimme Larry Fitzgerald.

Safer option.

Is ab younger, better at this point, knows the system? yep.

Fitz dont gotta worry about imploding, being suspended, or being a POS human being in general. Not someone i enjoy rooting for to be honest. Hes scum(ab that is)

Gimme fitz.

• kenntak

Participant

The civil case will more than likely be settled. Usually cases are settled without an admission of liability. If that is the case, could this have any adverse effect in terms of the NFL or the team? I doubt that it would have an effect, as it is a civil matter and there would be no judgment entered. If there ends up being a judgment, it probably would not take place for at least 6 months, and there may be an appeal. Assuming that there ends up being a civil judgment after the exhaustion of the civil process, I don’t know whether the team or the NFL could suspend AB based strictly on a civil judgment. A criminal matter would be an entirely different animal.

• Runole

Participant

Correct

Written by Matt Baker who has a personal fetish on such topics.
        Click bait by an ambulance chaser. The poison pen strikes again!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Wasn’t scum last year with Tampa. If anything he was genuinely contrite. And you cheered when he caught that TD in the playoffs. Fitz is t getting over 250 yards in this offense. He is completely done.

Gimme Larry Fitzgerald.

Safer option.

Is ab younger, better at this point, knows the system? yep.

Fitz dont gotta worry about imploding, being suspended, or being a POS human being in general. Not someone i enjoy rooting for to be honest. Hes scum(ab that is)

Gimme fitz.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I still think he will be back and I do want him back but I wonder how the bucs feel. Most likely they feel the exact same way I do but I wonder if they feel like they got a w with brown last year as far as everything is concerned including his production and behavior. But can we trust that to be the case again? After he left Pittsburgh he was headache after headache. I just wonder how the bucs feel about him coming back. Again I do think they want him back and trust him as long as Brady is here. If I’m wondering this then other teams have to be wondering this too. Big reason why he’s still unsigned.

• Runole

Participant

If I’m wondering this then other teams have to be wondering this too. Big reason
        why he’s still unsigned.

Probably true. The only organization interested seems to be the Bucs and certainly
        he caused no problems here. IMO He will be a Buc this season

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Not to mention that if there is one person who can get AB to behave himself,
        it’s Tom Brady.

• mjs020294

Participant

His imminent legal issues make it a risky and potentially distracting signing. If he comes back it will be near vet minimum with incentives.

• Runole

Participant

Court of public opinion vs legal due process continues to be a huge problem in America today.

• JC5100

Participant

Offense was about the exact same with or without him. And does Miller make that play vs GB if Brown played?

Actually Tyler Johnson was extremely efficient before Brown took his snaps.

Last 4 games before AB, Johnson played 136 snaps, had 11 targets, 9 receptions (82% is god tier catch %), 107 yards, 2 TDs

Are we even sure AB is better than Tyler Johnson, let alone Scotty Miller?

• Runole

Participant

Does Miller make the TD play AB made in the Super Bowl?

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Offense was about the exact same with or without him. And does Miller make that play vs GB if Brown played?

Last 4 games before AB, Johnson played 136 snaps, had 11 targets, 9 receptions (82% is god tier catch %), 107 yards, 2 TDs

I don’t compare Ab to Miller or TJ. They are all completely different chess pieces. Brown is the best route runner on the team, arguably the best hands and the best after the catch. Brown + Brady is deadly.

• cb

Participant

what he said.
        also he can get open faster than anyone currently on the team, so wif brady is under instant pressure brown is the outlet. (without white or edelman we need brown)

• JC5100

Participant

I don’t compare Ab to Miller or TJ. They are all completely different chess pieces. Brown is the best route runner on the team, arguably the best hands and the best after the catch. Brown + Brady is deadly.

You probably should compare AB to Miller and Johnson because they play the same position, are younger, cheaper and made plays before AB was on the team and when he got injured. Brown also had the lowest Yards Per Target on the team by a very large margin.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

“They play the same position”

🤦🏾‍♂️

• JC5100

Participant

🤦🏾‍♂️

Let me ask you something, when Brown got hurt vs the Saints and didn’t play vs the Packers, did they stay in 12 and 13 personnel or did they put Miller and Johnson in and throw them the ball?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yeah I’m sure AB is better than both. You under a senile rock?

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

🤦🏾‍♂️

Let me ask you something, when Brown got hurt vs the Saints and didn’t play vs the Packers, did they stay in 12 and 13 personnel or did they put Miller and Johnson in and throw them the ball?

What does Miller do equal or better than Brown besides run a better go route? What does Johnson do equal or better besides blocking?

• JC5100

Participant

🤦🏾‍♂️

What does Miller do equal or better than Brown besides run a better go route? What does Johnson do equal or better besides blocking?

So you admit there are things Miller and Johnson do better. And they’re 9 and 10 years younger, under contract for 2 and 3 more years for practically nothing and there’s not going to be drama and/or legal issues.

Play the young guys, let AB go.

• JC5100

Participant

Yeah I’m sure AB is better than both. You under a senile rock?

So why was their basically no difference when he played and when he didn’t?

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

JC you didn’t answer my question

• JC5100

Participant

JC you didn’t answer my question

If you trying to prove a point by those questions then you lost whatever argument you’re trying to make. You asked what they do better than AB besides the things they do better than AB. Seriously?

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Am I speaking Chinese? Lol answer the questions JC or just take your L fam

• JC5100

Participant

wHaT dOeS mILlEr Do BeTtEr BeSiDeS cAtcH lOnG tOuChDoWnS

Yea great argument, lets get in a bidding war for a 33 year old malcontent

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

If you’re so confident that Miller and TJ are superior why can’t you name me things they do better? I gave you one for each, I need more tho if I want them replacing Brown.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

is any other team even interested in Brown?

the Ravens and Seattle? Ravens just signed Watkins should be a telling sign there.

I don’t think there’s a bidding war for Brown. Probably $4M per year will get it done?

• kenntak

Participant

I think the most important poll is who Brady wants.

• Boid Fink

Participant

We all know who Brady wants. Without question.

Anyone who thinks Miller or Tyler are even remotely in the same neighborhood as AB is, in terms of talent, they are out of their damned minds. AB still has gas in the tank, and brings more shift and ability than either of those two guys do. I do have hope for Tyler, but he will never be even close to AB. You can book that.

AB won’t require a bidding war either. That’s just stupid. He clearly is not to be trusted by most of not all organizations, because of his recent mental health meltdowns. But he definitely seems contrite and not a peep has been said since he became a Buc. He’s still busting his ass in the gym and keeping the volume low.

Bucs need to hurry and shore up the tanks with this elite wide out.

• JC5100

Participant

Anyone who thinks Miller or Tyler are even remotely in the same neighborhood as AB is, in terms of talent, they are out of their damned minds. AB still has gas in the tank, and brings more shift and ability than either of those two guys do. I do have hope for Tyler, but he will never be even close to AB. You can book that.

AB won’t require a bidding war either. That’s just stupid. He clearly is not to be trusted by most of not all organizations, because of his recent mental health meltdowns. But he definitely seems contrite and not a peep has been said since he became a Buc. He’s still busting his ass in the gym and keeping the volume low.

Miller was better than Brown in 2020. Deal with it. Brown actually bogged down the offense vs everyone not named the Falcons.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Miller will never be better than AB. If AB goes for 17 this season, put more ey on it that he has a better season than Miller. You’re tripping.

Miller was better than Brown in 2020. Deal with it. Brown actually bogged down the offense vs everyone not named the Falcons.

• JC5100

Participant

Miller will never be better than AB. If AB goes for 17 this season, put more ey on it that he has a better season than Miller. You’re tripping.

17… touchdowns?

• Boid Fink

Participant

17 games

• JC5100

Participant

17 games

So what would you project AB’s stat line to be in 17 games, lets assume Evans and Godwin play 17 games also.

• Biggs3535

Participant

I think everybody on planet earth is pretty sure of that, yes.

• JC5100

Participant

Yet the PPG with Brown or without him were the exact same and Brady’s QBR was slightly higher without him.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Yet the PPG with Brown or without him were the exact same and Brady’s QBR was slightly higher without him.

Brady’s PPG and QBR was higher with Tanner Hudson than OJ Howard, ipso de facto Tanner Hudson > OJ Howard. Sweet Geebus, you make the dumbest fuggin’ arguments.

Let’s be honest, here. You were pretty heavily against signing Antonio Brown. He came here, kept his head down, and caught a TD in the Superbowl. You’re simply incapable of eating it.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Hard to say. Almost impossible, really. But you can’t tell me on of those guys wouldn’t be open against a 1v1…I would say AB could push for 800-1000 yards, 7-9 tds. That would put him at around 59-60 yards per. You have to account for target distribution. Maybe one game a DC decides he is taking away the deep ball…the next maybe they bracket Evans…dynamic situations. AB was working his way into the offense. Hell even that super bowl TD he snagged he ran the wrong route but his personal connection with TB12 bailed him (them, us) out. With more time AB will have a great season.

17 games

So what would you project AB’s stat line to be in 17 games, lets assume Evans and Godwin play 17 games also.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Brady’s PPG and QBR was higher with Tanner Hudson than OJ Howard, ipso de facto Tanner Hudson > OJ Howard. Sweet Geebus, you make the dumbest fuggin’ arguments.

Let’s be honest, here. You were pretty heavily against signing Antonio Brown. He came here, kept his head down, and caught a TD in the Superbowl. You’re simply incapable of eating it.

He was also against signing Tom Brady. If JC500 was our GM, we’d have signed Cam Newton last off-season.

• JC5100

Participant

Hard to say. Almost impossible, really. But you can’t tell me on of those guys wouldn’t be open against a 1v1…I would say AB could push for 800-1000 yards, 7-9 tds. That would put him at around 59-60 yards per. You have to account for target distribution. Maybe one game a DC decides he is taking away the deep ball…the next maybe they bracket Evans…dynamic situations. AB was working his way into the offense. Hell even that super bowl TD he snagged he ran the wrong route but his personal connection with TB12 bailed him (them, us) out. With more time AB will have a great season.

17 games

The high end of your estimation is 59 yards per game. The low end is 47. Miller averaged 48 yards per game in the 9 games AB didn’t play.

Again, let Miller and Johnson play.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Miller is small. His health is always going to be a concern, particularly lower leg soft tissue injuries. And Johnson is a good prospect, still.

AB is bonafide elite. Sign AB. Johnson and Miller are depth and weapons that have their use, but AB is miles away from those guys in terms of talent. Johnson and Miller combined might not have the numbers AB has had, and AB looked to be growing some rapport with the offensive scheme.

Bring AB back. He isn’t a distraction, he’s a weapon, and a damned good wide receiver. Damned good. Are you living under a rock?

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Boid’s statement is right on.

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I think the most important poll is who Brady wants.

Exactly.

He calls the shots.

• JC5100

Participant

Miller is small. His health is always going to be a concern, particularly lower leg soft tissue injuries. And Johnson is a good prospect, still.

AB is bonafide elite. Sign AB. Johnson and Miller are depth and weapons that have their use, but AB is miles away from those guys in terms of talent. Johnson and Miller combined might not have the numbers AB has had, and AB looked to be growing some rapport with the offensive scheme.

Bring AB back. He isn’t a distraction, he’s a weapon, and a damned good wide receiver. Damned good. Are you living under a rock?

If AB is soooo elite why was the offense the exact same with or without him? Why did he only average 51 yards per game compared to Miller’s 48 yards per game without AB?

You say he’s not a distraction and is elite, but yet is a free agent in April.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Continuity will make a big difference. Why did Gronk run like a pregnant mule to start the season? Time. That’s your answer. AB is elite as hell. You’re the only guy denying his talent. You think with this continuity he won’t get better? Is that what you’re saying? You’re just running an agenda in an argument that you are again, clearly losing. Ask cornerbacks who they would rather match up with. Miller/Johnson it AB, who has put up monster numbers.

If AB is soooo elite why was the offense the exact same with or without him? Why did he only average 51 yards per game compared to Miller’s 48 yards per game without AB?

• JC5100

Participant

Continuity will make a big difference. Why did Gronk run like a pregnant mule to start the season? Time. That’s your answer. AB is elite as hell. You’re the only guy denying his talent. You think with this continuity he won’t get better? Is that what you’re saying? You’re just running an agenda in an argument that you are again, clearly losing. Ask cornerbacks who they would rather match up with. Miller/Johnson it AB, who has put up monster numbers.

But when I asked you to project what AB would do for a healthy 17 games, Miller’s actual production was in-between your low end and high end projections for AB. Either you under estimate what Miller was doing or you’re low on your AB projection and he’ll get 1200 yards, maybe even 1800 yards, the standard for an elite WR.

• BucsSavant

Participant

But when I asked you to project what AB would do for a healthy 17 games, Miller’s actual production was in-between your low end and high end projections for AB. Either you under estimate what Miller was doing or you’re low on your AB projection and he’ll get 1200 yards, maybe even 1800 yards, the standard for an elite WR.

But that’s not the correct measure. What they might produce in THIS offense might be similar number-wise, but as for the CEILING of what they are capable of producing, and as such how a defense must account for them, are worlds apart.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Don’t try to explain that to the board GM. He still thinks Luke McCown was robbed of a chance at superstardom in Tampa. He is delusional by trying to attack, of all things. AB’s skills as a wideout, not his temperament or his choice in off field activities, but his game. Smh.

But that’s not the correct measure. What they might produce in THIS offense might be similar number-wise, but as for the CEILING of what they are capable of producing, and as such how a defense must account for them, are worlds apart.

• JC5100

Participant

Yes McCown should have been the starter in 2008 instead of switching back between Garcia and Griese. That defense, special teams and running game were playing at a 13-3 level with a 4-12 level passing game.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Watching BA’s latest press conference, AB has an offer on the table and it doesn’t seem to be very negotiable. They’ve probably offered him another one year deal similar to Fournette, and said take it or leave it.. that’s probably the reason AB hasn’t signed yet, is he’s looking for more, and he might not get more with his off field issues.

I am ALL for giving Scooter and TJ more snaps, but AB is a MUCH more complete receiver. All this nonsense JC is spewing about Brady’s numbers with/without AB is horse shit. When Evans and Godwin are healthy, subbing in Scooter for certain play calls, using AB for certain formations, and getting TJ more looks is ALL good.

Bringing back AB will bear fruit if/when Godwin or Evans gets injured. Who do you want to trot out there in 2 WR sets? Evans and Scooter? or Evans and AB? I know my answer.

• JC5100

Participant

Watching BA’s latest press conference, AB has an offer on the table and it doesn’t seem to be very negotiable. They’ve probably offered him another one year deal similar to Fournette, and said take it or leave it.. that’s probably the reason AB hasn’t signed yet, is he’s looking for more, and he might not get more with his off field issues.

I am ALL for giving Scooter and TJ more snaps, but AB is a MUCH more complete receiver. All this nonsense JC is spewing about Brady’s numbers with/without AB is horse shit. When Evans and Godwin are healthy, subbing in Scooter for certain play calls, using AB for certain formations, and getting TJ more looks is ALL good.

Bringing back AB will bear fruit if/when Godwin or Evans gets injured. Who do you want to trot out there in 2 WR sets? Evans and Scooter? or Evans and AB? I know my answer.

Data the doesn’t support a false narrative is horse shit. Got it.

• buc-in-out

Participant

^Answer my question. Godwin gets injured, who would you rather see out there on the field in 2 WR sets? Evans and AB? Or Evans and Scooter?

We lost the Bears game because Evans was banged up and Godwin didn’t play. None of our receivers could get any separation. Scooter, Watson and TJ did not give me confidence to say we’d be okay with injuries.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

That’s the word I guess, that the two sides are not close on the money. Sounds like fournette went ahead with accepting that he’s not going to make what he wants and sounds like he’s pouting about it in interviews, but brown isn’t there yet. I see no urgency in getting something done with him, let him get back to reality first.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Forget AB, clowns not worth a penny of guaranteed money.

Bring in Fitz. Much safer option.

LFG!

• JC5100

Participant

^Answer my question. Godwin gets injured, who would you rather see out there on the field in 2 WR sets? Evans and AB? Or Evans and Scooter?

We lost the Bears game because Evans was banged up and Godwin didn’t play. None of our receivers could get any separation. Scooter, Watson and TJ did not give me confidence to say we’d be okay with injuries.

It would be Johnson in for Godwin, and the difference between 23 year old Johnson and 33 year old Brown isn’t worth the money and potential trouble.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Dude, again that rock your under…AB is t going to get a co tract that impacts the Bucs cap. He’s been silent as a mouse. He is starting to u set stand the offense. He is still leagues better than scooter or Tyler. You will see if he signs back, again, what a clown you are for pretending you can put up a small sample size and make it seem like that is the permanent trend. Stop arguing. You’ve been shot out of the sky again.

It would be Johnson in for Godwin, and the difference between 23 year old Johnson and 33 year old Brown isn’t worth the money and potential trouble.

Viewing 55 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.