Sign Bryon Maxwell.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    PassThePigSkin
    Participant

The Bucs should sign this guy and stash him for next year. He was the Dolphins top corner last year but got hurt this year.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Defense5599
    Blocked

I’m all for it

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Mrshowstopper
    Participant

All for it, but who’s rushing the passer???

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Jed
    Participant

He has a hurt foot and was cut to make room for a backup QB. He wasn’t starting in Miami this season. He could play this season once his foot is well. Problem is he will want big money because he thinks he is a top CB.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    PassThePigSkin
    Participant

If they keep grimes and sign maxwell it will set them up to go DE 1st or double dip. I don’t have faith in Vernon playing outside.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Jed
    Participant

They might be able to get him cheap this season because I think Miami is on the hook for his salary this season minus what he gets for his new deal. Maybe someone here can verify this or not.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Detrimental
    Participant

Maxwell must still be hurt with that hamstring injury. I don’t understand why they would let him go if he’s 100% healthy. That said he is a better zone corner than man guy so maybe he’d be a better fit for our defense. He is a boundary CB and we can let Hargreaves man the NCB spot. Assuming Maxwell is good to play.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    RudeGuy
    Participant

Jed said he has a hurt foot. Maybe the hammy is no longer an issue. Is there a report anywhere about an injured foot?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    RudeGuy
    Participant

I found this report on NFL.com:

Maxwell quickly fell out of favor in Miami this season. The 29-year-old corner played just two games and hadn’t seen the field since Week 3. He first missed games while dealing with a hamstring injury, but was scratched the past two weeks after being benched.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000866442/article/miami-dolphins-release-cornerback-byron-maxwell

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Defense5599
    Blocked

Jed
    Oct 24, 17 at 11:39 am #1035860
    They might be able to get him cheap this season because I think Miami is on the hook for his salary this season minus what he gets for his new deal. Maybe someone here can verify this or not.

This is true. And we can get him cheap with a prove it deal.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Ft Myers Buc Fan
    Participant

Maxwell fell out of favor due to his missed assignments and failure to put in the time to learn the playbook. That doesn’t sound like something we need

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Buc on the Move
    Participant

Grasping at straws at this point. And as someone mentioned, it’s pass rush we need more than anything. Wouldn’t hurt anything, as it is just money at this point. Who do you let go to bring him on board?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Biggs3535
    Participant

Yeah, Maxwell sucked ass in Miami.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    PassThePigSkin
    Participant

At this point vernon showed us he’s not ready to play outside yet. Bringing in Maxwell will give them another vet on defense. This season is a long way from over.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Mr. Shankley
    Participant

didnt he refuse to play the called defense?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.