Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• JBSouthpaw

Participant

Assuming he goes on IR, we’ll have an open slot.

We promote from the P.S. ? or is there someone on the street (or other P.S.) to bring in?

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Last report I saw was 4 weeks. Has there been an update that makes you think he will be placed on IR?

• BucsSavant

Participant

The minimum for IR is 3 weeks again this year, with unlimited activations, so I imagine he will be placed until he heals. As for his replacement…I imagine herb Miller will get promoted for the roster spot. Cockrell should get most of the actual playing time.

• fletch

Participant

I just saw on the Red Board home page that the Bucs have activated Andrew Adams to the 53-man roster. Based on that knowledge, I surmise that they will move Ross Cockrell back to CB in SMB’s place, and slot Adams in as the fourth safety. Things will become more interesting when Whitehead is ready to be reactivated and when SMB returns from injury…

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I just saw on the Red Board home page that the Bucs have activated Andrew Adams to the 53-man roster. Based on that knowledge, I surmise that they will move Ross Cockrell back to CB in SMB’s place, and slot Adams in as the fourth safety. Things will become more interesting when Whitehead is ready to be reactivated and when SMB returns from injury…

i’d imagine either Adams gets sent back down to practice squad or they look at Delaney or like a third stringer like Khalil Davis or Grant Stuard getting sent down to practice squad.

• The Freeman

Participant

should be Cockrell, Winfield or Edwards in the slot…
      Adams to the 53 = SMB on IR for 3 weeks minimum
      Chris Cooper probably back on the ps
      Herb Miller elevated on game day for wk2?
      then you have the last ps spot for a FA… maybe Nate Brooks? or Javon Hagan if Whitehead isn’t ready and/or Cockrell’s back to CB

• Pennywise

Participant

Bucs sign Pierre Desir veteran CB

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Pennywise.

• BucsSavant

Participant

3 picks for the jets last year, one for 6, and also the teams nomination for Walter Payton man of the year. Nice credentials for an in-season PS signing.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by BucsSavant.

• Detrimental

Participant

I like the pick up. He’s a vet with experience on a team that has DBs that dont have much. Get him up to speed for week 3 and maybe he sees like 10 – 15 plays Sunday?

• ratiffshabang

Participant

Well for all the hatred this forum has for SMB, you got your wish….which btw Dean didn’t play any better nor did Cockrell. So for those saying those two are upgrades are wrong. Losing SMB is a big blow, not only for what he is capable of (esp when Bowles implements a better game plan) but also depth. From what I saw, not only did we get no pass rush but White felt mostly invisible. Winfield also didn’t make his presence known, and Whitehead being out was a big factor too. If our front 7 doesn’t generate a better pass rush, and Bowles doesn’t call a better game….then our secondary is screwed no matter if we had Jalen Ramsey, Ed Reed, Revis/Cromartie/Asante/Deion, and Atwater/Sean Taylor etc.
      Desir is not a bad pickup for depth, but currently is on PS.
      SMB injury is a huge loss, despite everyone that loves to hate on the kid. Hope he can get back soon, genuinely surprised it was “just” just a dislocation bc it looked gruesome on the replay. Praying for the young man

• TBChucky

Participant

Hopefully we’ll get SMB and Whitehead back soon.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Well for all the hatred this forum has for SMB, you got your wish….which btw Dean didn’t play any better nor did Cockrell. So for those saying those two are upgrades are wrong.

You keep saying this, and you keep being wrong. SMB was abused the same amount (or worse) as the other Dean/Cockrell, but on significantly less snaps. He was horrible in Game 1

SMB: 16 snaps, 8 targets, 5 receptions, 77 yards, 15.4 YPR, TD

Dean: 76 snaps, 9 targets, 5 receptions, 58 yards, 11.6 YPR, TD

Cockrell: 46 snaps, 8 targets, 7 receptions, 74 yards, 10.6 YPR, TD

With all of that said, I’m glad his injury wasn’t worse. I thought the dude was done for the year. The team will need him, and hopefully he plays much better in his return.

• Madman

Participant

I’d like to see Dee Delaney get some snaps.

• Pennywise

Participant

Per auman

Arians says Sean Murphy-Bunting’s elbow injury could be season-ending. They’ll know more in two days or so. Could be as little as four weeks in a best scenario.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

It took me a couple of months to get medical full range of motion (ROM) when I dislocated my elbow. I did it snowboarding.

I didn’t get surgery as surgery would have taken a lot longer to heal. Broken bone chips are still in me. It’s been years since, but my elbow has been fine. The only thing that is weird is that my ROM was over 100%, which means one arm is about a half inch shorter than the other due to the dislocation.

Most elbow dislocation would prevent one from either curling up or extending flat. My dislocation was that I couldn’t curl up or extend flat, which is why my rehabilitation for full ROM took months. We had to use sonic technology to make my muscles and tendons to loosen. Just pushing my arm 1mm on my first session made me cry. LoL

Now, I don’t have the medical staff the Bucs have. SMB could recover faster with their resources and newer technology, depending on which direction(s) he cannot move. Depending on SMB’s severity of injury will determine how early he can return. Returning 4 weeks seems quite optimistic.

• Pennywise

Participant

Per stroud

Jamel Dean “had some other things that affected him,” in Thursday night’s game vs. Dallas, Bruce Arians said. He would not elaborate. They were personal in nature

• buc-in-out

Participant

So Cockrell will play in the slot, and Whitehead should be back this week so our safety depth will be restored.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I would hope we never see the same lack of pass rush and QB pressure for the rest of the season. Our secondary will be fine.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

in terms of a potential trade partner, if would have to be a team out of the division and essentially out of contention – so look at teams like Detroit, New York Jets, Houston.

im not quite sure there is another team ready to give up on the current season and look towards the future just yet…maybe Jacksonville

dare i say Vernon Hargraves lol

• TCB2W!

Participant

in terms of a potential trade partner, if would have to be a team out of the division and essentially out of contention – so look at teams like Detroit, New York Jets, Houston.

im not quite sure there is another team ready to give up on the current season and look towards the future just yet…maybe Jacksonville

dare i say Vernon Hargraves lol

VH3 playing on this team, we might as well not block for Brady either.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

Who is C.Davis replacement? I admit I got on SMB early last year. However after the postseason run, he has a lifetime get out of jail free card from me.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.