Viewing 1 reply thread

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Bucs Hot Reads: Smith wants run game to come ‘right at you’      By Ira Kaufman | Tribune Staff Published: August 7, 2015   Lovie_Smith_zps0jjld1at.jpgTAMPA — In eight of Lovie Smith’s nine seasons as coach of the Bears, Chicago boasted a player who rushed for at least 900 yards. But in his first year on the Tampa Bay sideline, Smith was unable to develop an effective ground game.“You have to have a philosophy on how you want to win games,’’ Smith said Friday. “The run has to be a big part of that. To be a tough, physical football team, it has to be about the run. And not trick-‘em runs, either. ...We’re coming right at you. There’s going to be times when the defense knows we have to run the football, and we have to be able to do that.’’***Play of the dayRB Doug Martin, who appears leaner and quicker this year, raced down the right sideline on a wheel route and got past the coverage. He settled under a Mike Glennon pass and outran defenders for an easy score.***Quote of the day“I told my wife, I’ve never had fun before in a training camp. But this year, I’m having fun. I’m an older guy now and I know what to expect and I know what I’m doing and why I’m doing it. I want to win a championship.’’— Bucs third-year CB Johnthan Banks***Winston WatchJameis Winston shook off an early pick by Banks and got into a rhythm. But overall, he wasn’t as sharp as Thursday’s practice, when he hit almost every target in stride.“He’s thrown good passes, but he is still a rookie and we realize that,’’ Smith said. “We just want him to improve on something each day, and that is what he is doing.” Ira Kaufman, Roy Cummings

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

To bad we don’t have Forte.

Please wait…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.