Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Only since 2002 have SOME Oklahoma Schools informed students about the 1921 Tulsa Black Wall Street Massacre (“Thirty-five blocks of Black-owned businesses and homes in the affluent Greenwood District were reduced to ash in the two-day rampage. Estimates place the death toll between 100 and 300. that occurred”)

The very definition of systemic racism. a largely white controlled school SYSTEM not even addressing the worst race issue in the states history . . for 80+ years

well, after a marginal run of reality teaching in Oklahoma . . the white people’s feelings are hurt, so they passed a law . . a SNOWFLAKE, WHITE FRAGILITY ** law

“The law, signed by Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt on May 7, restricts public-school teachers and employees from using lessons that make an individual “feel discomfort, guilt, anguish or any other form of psychological distress on account of his or her race or sex.””

** SNOWFLAKE – overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions”

WHITE FARGILITY – “feelings of discomfort a white person experiences when they witness discussions around racial inequality and injustice.”

ITS ALMOST AS IF TRUMPERS*** ARE WHAT THEY CLAIM EVERYONE ELSE TO BE?

weird

(*** if you dont know, Gov Stitt is a Trumper who caught CV19 at Trump’s notorious Tulsa rally lol)

• Stagger Lee

Participant

JBear: “Tim Scott says there’s no systemic racism”

Tim Scott: “I’ve experienced ‘driving while black’”

JBear: “There’s no systemic racism.”

Wonder if Tim Scott has ever experienced “working while black?”

• Stagger Lee

Participant

• Stagger Lee

Participant

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Nah dude, racism is dead… liberal media is to blame

• Stagger Lee

Participant

This will make the Trumper’s angry. Black female scholar links Second Amendment to slaves, anti-Blackness

The Second Amendment is not about guns — it’s about anti-Blackness, a new book argues

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/30/us/second-amendment-guns-anti-black-anderson-blake/index.html

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Actual Libertarian, right?

• spartan

Participant

I accept the Tulsa massacre was a really awful and horrific event.

What would you like me to do now?

• Stagger Lee

Participant

I accept the Tulsa massacre was a really awful and horrific event.

What would you like me to do now?

Accept it as yet more proof of systemic racism

In other words, have some basic human empathy and don’t use your bullshit alt-right cocoon to shut down every thought.

You realize that black Americans built “Black Wall Street” as a haven. 35 prosperous square blocks – and all the GENERATIONAL WEALTH they would’ve come with that kind of property holding – was razed (along with many murders) because of a Mockingbird-esque rumor about an encounter in an elevator between a young black man and a you g white woman.

Never even showed up in history books let alone all the wealth never replaced by banks or insurers, LET ALONE PERPETRATORS

• Stagger Lee

Participant

The Tulsa massacre is not even an uncommon story. On Florida, for example, read about the Occoee massacre over voting

Same people who ignore all that shit say there’s no systemic racism lol.

• spartan

Participant

OK, and then what? What do I do then? What do we do to fix it?

• Stagger Lee

Participant

for you, don’t dismiss it out of hand and don’t believe stupid shit designed to shut down any meaningful discussion like “white people and only white people are innately racist.” Dont be so fragile.

don’t support politicians — your entire party these days – who are trying diminish minority representation.

Don’t be so fragile. The first African slaves came to this country in 1600s. A civil war and a civil rights movement later and we have (very likely) all white Trumpers here denying that there’s even such a thing a SYSTEMIC RACISM, even when their own black representative says there is. Racism is a multigenerational problem, so just not being hyper-defensive is probably a start. education next.

• Stagger Lee

Participant

PS, I get the dismissive intent behind this, but thought Id answer anyway :-)

• FireLicht2020

Participant

My house has AC, and thus I do not believe in heat strokes.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Or better yet, ok I admit strokes exists… so go buy an AC unit.

It’s that simple

• spartan

Participant

I actually responded to this yesterday, but the board decided it was not going to play again.

I’m not going to go into everything again, but to summarize …

What I want to hear from you is the plan. If we all accept there is systemic racism, how do we get to a point where people accept there is no systemic racism?

• Stagger Lee

Participant

What I want to hear from you is the plan. If we all accept there is systemic racism, how do we get to a point where people accept there is no systemic racism?

this ^^^ is what I called the dismissive response. Its akin to the gun talking point “how are you going to do it (without impacting me)?”

The problem is roughly 400 year old? Ensconced in the fabric of society despite a Civil Ware and a Civil Rights movement. White people who still routinely point to a black friend or family member as proof they aren’t racist or who or that black people are the actual problem.

Maybe lets just start with a little open-minded awareness before we get to comprehensive plan to eradicate centuries old problem by 2022. How about you start by convincing JBear that there’s systemic racism in America (Maybe show him his Tim Scott quote) or by admitting YOURSELF that no credible representative of the entire African American community says “white people, and white people alone, are innately racist?” Probably asking too much for you just to admit the quote was fake.

can you do that?

hell, maybe just swear off FauxNews for a month? I kid, I kid

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.