Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

There has to be other options out there at CB. And Trask is a nice trade piece to dangle.

Who would be mad?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Bucs will be rolling with Desir, Cockrell, Sherman, Robinson, and Delaney. Davis is banged up, he won’t make it an entire season.

The secondary is absolutely fugged. Patriots Mac Jk Ed might throw for 450 and 3 tuddies against that group.

I am almost willing to bet he tops 350 tomorrow. Easy.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Would love that myself.

Gilmore or bust!

Too bad NE drafted mac.

• TCB2W!

Participant

There has to be other options out there at CB. And Trask is a nice trade piece to dangle.

Who would be mad?

The Gator honks?

• seekpar

Participant

Yet another Trask thread. C’mon man! Like really you think they could get a worthwhile CB for a 2nd round QB who hadn’t played a down in the NFL? SMH

• Boid Fink

Participant

He is a prospect and an investment. How do you not understand how this works? He is a developmental project and a lot of teams are looking for QBs of the future. Texans are. Miami. Giants potentially. Washington potentially. Pittsburgh. Point is, he has some value, and if it takes that and a fourth to nab a cornerback with some skills, it would be worth it to me. This isn’t about Trask more than it is about the Bucs bad secondary, and how they can fix it potentially. Trask is merely a player the Bucs have that has some worth in that he is a QB, drafted in round 2, that has a lot of upside, potentially. He is good trade bait in this repeat chasing season.

Yet another Trask thread. C’mon man! Like really you think they could get a worthwhile CB for a 2nd round QB who hadn’t played a down in the NFL? SMH

• BucBalla85

Participant

I think his best trade value will be after this season or next under Brady again. If Brady doesn’t hang them up we should absolutely look into something like that but that is later from now. I think we’re stuck with him for at least this season. While it now makes no sense at all to do, and for some makes no sense at any time for me did make sense at least a little bit.

Even tho it wouldn’t have been what I would have done I know they were thinking of the future at the qb position without having to spend a premium choice there. Any pick at the spot we were in the 2nd round can be a coin toss. Even where we were in the first it’s still kind of toss up guy is gonna be an impact player. Not gonna say we wouldn’t have or been able to pick some sort of stud at that pick at corner or some other need we currently have because that’s not the argument they were trying to make making this pick. They think they see a qb with what they think has decent starter potential at that pick with Brady teaching him as well. Maybe he can be a gamer or good trade bait down the line when we got everyone back and possibly some money to grab a vet or two with the needs.

Like i said I wouldn’t have done it, would have gone best player available and in hindsight I’m sure they would have done something different too but like it or not it’s done and at this point I just try to understand what they were thinking or logic even tho i think it could be the wrong way to go..

• Boid Fink

Participant

I cannot imagine they were thinking of anything other than wasting picks because they had a championship hangover. This team was not built to handle all that success. Some were. JPP. Brady. Gronk. Even AB, because he is a workout machine and he loves the game.

The front office went all feel good and lost focus of the future. The immediate future.

During a run like this, you add immediate depth and possible upside. They went full dumb.

As time goes by, these guys who attacked me fir despising this pick will come to understand and they will say they hated the pick as well, because they are liars.

I met all the losing affect me differently. I made it want to win so bad that going back to losing should never be an option. You ride a wave. It looks the the front office abandoned the wave early. Just some really lazy draft moves. Really lame.

Thank god for Brady. He is an instant legend, and I am glad I finally got to root for him and claim him as a Buc QB! So cool. Who would have thought?

• Mark Alsott

Participant

Can we trade you for someone who isn’t… you?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Can we stop being homerish? Go Bucs.

Leave the ecstasy alone. It has fried your brain.

Can we trade you for someone who isn’t… you?

• Greattimes

Participant

Which CB should the Bucs trade for???? Any CB who is good enough to step right in to help the Bucs defense is going to cost a kings fortune in future draft picks. The team that would trade away a top QB would want at least a 1st round pick plus Trask. That team would also need a QB. The only team I can think of that is QB needy is the Steelers because father time has SUDDENLY caught up with Roethisberger. So far this year he has been a shadow of his former self. But wait, couldn’t the same thing happen to Tom Brady? Where would that leave the Bucs if father time SUDDENLY caught up with Tom Brady if the Bucs traded away Trask?
      I know you hate Trask for reasons that are purely fictional in your head. I trust Arians ability to judge QB talent more than yours.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Not sure of what trask trade value is

Guys ceiling is likely career back up so might as well keep him

• dalbuc

Participant

Exactly, his value is near zero so what we’d get back would likely be a Dee Delaney/Ross Cockrell type player which we already have.

The whiff is that having another DB drafted with that pick could have cushioned this shock a bit more.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Which CB should the Bucs trade for???? Any CB who is good enough to step right in to help the Bucs defense is going to cost a kings fortune in future draft picks. The team that would trade away a top QB would want at least a 1st round pick plus Trask. That team would also need a QB. The only team I can think of that is QB needy is the Steelers because father time has SUDDENLY caught up with Roethisberger. So far this year he has been a shadow of his former self. But wait, couldn’t the same thing happen to Tom Brady? Where would that leave the Bucs if father time SUDDENLY caught up with Tom Brady if the Bucs traded away Trask?
      I know you hate Trask for reasons that are purely fictional in your head. I trust Arians ability to judge QB talent more than yours.

More of a question of who wouldn’t help lol.

We already are in win now mode with all these back loaded contracts.

I’d gladly give ANY draft pick to help us repeat THIS year.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Hate editing on this board.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by DEBUCSOWN.
      • This reply was modified 2 months ago by DEBUCSOWN.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

You severely underestimate the value of a (potential) franchise qb, my friend!

Trasks value will never be higher. We need to dump him before he gets a chance to show how much he sucks.

• Boid Fink

Participant

This.

Trasks value will never be higher. We need to dump him before he gets a chance to show how much he sucks.

• creamsicles

Participant

1. Understood the drafting of QB in 2nd… disagreed with it since were in win now mode and Brady is talking of playing longer, but see the logic.

2. I don’t see much trade value for Trask at this point… there are plenty of qbs out there with similar potential and more experience. I don’t think he gets the Brady bonus until after this season… not enough time to learn yet.

3. Gabbart may have more trade value at this point due to his starting experience and status as our QB2 for a QB desperate team.

4. Ever since the Cards were burned with multiple injuries during their tenure, Arians/Licht prioritize backup QBs more than others

5. If a Trask trade could get us a solid corner, I’d be delighted

6. The guys in the last year of their contracts on losing teams are the prime targets from a 1 year cost benefit perspective… like Gilmore if he’s healthy

7. We need to win today to encourage Gilmore’s trade availability 😀

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

Bucs will be rolling with Desir, Cockrell, Sherman, Robinson, and Delaney. Davis is banged up, he won’t make it an entire season.

The secondary is absolutely fugged. Patriots Mac Jk Ed might throw for 450 and 3 tuddies against that group.

Jones is more likely to be confused as shit with all the pressure he is going to get from our defensive line. You always seem to want to overrate our opposition no matter who it might be. Do you see us doing anything well tonight? So far you have said the ball is going to be wet so this favors NE. Now a rookie QB is going to light up our secondary with the same wet ball. Makes us all wonder how the Bucs even won a Super Bowl last season if we follow all your comments.

• Boid Fink

Participant

No, I said with our porous secondary (it us), weak pass rush (it is), and Bellichick, it could be a very big day for Mac Jones. Hopefully he will be called Sack Jones after tonight, but based on recent trends…I will have to see it first.

I also said, the Bucs run game is anemic (it is), and the passing game is what makes this team click. It’s the bread and butter so far. So with that in mind, the wet ball hinders the pass attack. It will for the Pats as well didn’t say it wouldn’t. But Mac being able to sit in a pocket and cycle through open targets is beneficial to them because of the lack of pass rush and the beat up secondary. Bucs lose a little advantage because of the rain. Isn’t this true? Don’t the Patriots have a very good pass defense, particularly defending the slot (absolutely elite coverage from there for the Pats). These thing are concerning for this game. I didn’t worry about ATL that much. But I said the pass rush has to get better. And it didn’t. Not every game is deeply concerning. But this one is. For the reasons prescribed. If you can’t see that, you are blind. Also, I did say GO BUCS. So don’t get it confused.

The Bucs 🍞 and 🧈 is their elite pass attack. Said that as well they do that well. Very well. So let’s stop with the nonsense. Always look at your own weaknesses and weigh their strengths. Always.

Jones is more likely to be confused as shit with all the pressure he is going to get from our defensive line. You always seem to want to overrate our opposition no matter who it might be. Do you see us doing anything well tonight? So far you have said the ball is going to be wet so this favors NE. Now a rookie QB is going to light up our secondary with the same wet ball. Makes us all wonder how the Bucs even won a Super Bowl last season if we follow all your comments.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

So, at first, it was “we should’ve drafted an O-Lineman in the 2nd because of depth issues”

Then, it was “we should’ve drafted a D-Lineman in the 2nd because of age and depth issues”.

Now, it’s “we should’ve drafted a corner in the 2nd because of depth issues”…naturally, only AFTER it was exposed via injuries to all 3 starting corners.

So, what player in the 2nd was going to solve oline/dline/secondary issues?

That’s a helluva skill set, whoever said player is.

Oh, and we won’t get shit for Trask in a trade.

• RudeGuy

Participant

So, at first, it was “we should’ve drafted an O-Lineman in the 2nd because of depth issues”

Then, it was “we should’ve drafted a D-Lineman in the 2nd because of age and depth issues”.

Now, it’s “we should’ve drafted a corner in the 2nd because of depth issues”…naturally, only AFTER it was exposed via injuries to all 3 starting corners.

So, what player in the 2nd was going to solve oline/dline/secondary issues?

That’s a helluva skill set, whoever said player is.

Oh, and we won’t get shit for Trask in a trade.

I believe that question was already asked in one of the other 10 Trask threads. The Trask pick was the last of the 2nd so this magical player was going to be missed in the first 2 rounds by every team. Maybe he’s still out on the street. Lol

• Boid Fink

Participant

So am I right so far? Looks like it.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

problem is…it’s not like Trask has shown anything at NFL level (albeit 4 games in) that would warrant a team giving up significant value for him.

the dude projects to be a career back-up before the Bucs drafted him. Usually once a draft pick happens, the value to redeem value is less.

Look at Gardner Minshew. The dude was a late round pick and actually showed good tape in the NFL and netted no value at all.

Trask might be worth a 4th round level cornerback at this time and simply worth it just to hang on to him and pray to the football gods that the injuries let up.

they seem to be praying to them on fieldgoal luck (Dallas, NE)

• Biggs3535

Participant

I’m sure 320 lb OG Quinn Meinerz’s backpedal would come in handy with all of these CB injuries.

• Boid Fink

Participant

At least it would have been someone that they can use if a player goes down. Again, I wanted QM, but others wanted secondary and I said even that was fine. As long as it is useable depth in the pursuit of back to backs. But a fugging QB who isn’t even suited? Still makes no sense. And if Cappa or Marpet get dinged, QM would be a nice co tinge DT plan.

I’m sure 320 lb OG Quinn Meinerz’s backpedal would come in handy with all of these CB injuries.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

1st round pick – edge – good pick
      2nd round pick – defensive line would have been ideal (Gholston, Suh are free agents next year, Vea hurt last year; weak depth other than Nunez)
      3rd round pick – Offensive line – good pick
      4th round pick – cornerback

that would have been the ideal positions not inactive 3rd string QBs and back-up kick returners….seesh..

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I’m sure he’s great in zone coverage. Doubt he’d press much though.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Exactly. Anything but a developmental SECOND round QB! What an asinine pick! No matter what anyone says, depth is an issue. Bucs had a loaded starting group and got cute and drafted a second round QB who doesn’t even dress, and will not see the field for 3 seasons most likely. Just a terrible call.

Minerz. Any DB. Any defense lineman. Another linebacker. A safety? Anything but a kicker and a QB, like I said originally. ANYONE BUT A QB OR KICKER. So Licht drafts a ducking QB when the Bucs are in the hunt for another title? Securing the future with Trask? Lololololol at anyone who STILL defends that shit pick. You don’t know football if you do. But you sure do love sniffing Trasks package.

1st round pick – edge – good pick
      2nd round pick – defensive line would have been ideal (Gholston, Suh are free agents next year, Vea hurt last year; weak depth other than Nunez)
      3rd round pick – Offensive line – good pick
      4th round pick – cornerback

that would have been the ideal positions not inactive 3rd string QBs and back-up kick returners….seesh..

• Charles

Participant

But but but our GM is teh greatest…

Wait till Brady retires and we go back to being shit again.

Worst GM in Bucs history.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.