Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• BucsFan83

Participant

Obligatory draft talk? lol.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Well, we’re in a position that is unfamiliar…. picking last. There are some quality edge rushers and DTs that can be had at the bottom of the first round.

• Detrimental

Participant

Trade back and get more picks. Marvin Wilson and Joe Tyron in the second would be excellent additions to the defense. Continue to get better depth and reload. Grabbing more pass rush talent is ideal.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I watched Big Marv at FSU and there’s nothing about his play that stands out. He’s been blocked out of the play almost all the time. He got owned in Senior Bowl practices. If we’re going to take a flyer on him, it should be on day three.

• dalbuc

Participant

Edge rusher would be high on the list. I think that far down if you get a guy who can be a difference maker in the passing game at RB you can start to consider RB. The other thing we want are highly rated players at spots we don’t need to fall so teams who have picks in R2 are eager to move up.

• Pepsi

Participant

Fournette made 2.5mil. hes 26 years old and had resurgence in the post season. on the open market he probably pulls over 5mil which I dont think we match. That leaves us with zero reliable receivers out of the back field for Brady. You can see why a receiver at RB is so valuable to us. “Take away Evans and Godwin, okay but deal with this.”

This puts Etienne and Harris on the table for pick 32 imo. If you think Fournette was good, you’ll be more than happy to see what one of those guys can do behind our Oline with the way our Oline has been playing.

• Detrimental

Participant

I’d be okay with Harris. He is a 3 down back that can pass block and catch passes. Very physical runner too. Etienne is good but he isnt as complete of a player.

• Welsh Buc

Participant

I think it will be RB as Fournette will be off

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree with most everything said thus far except RB. FA would be a good place to get a RB. There’s enough growing pains with Vaughn …. go with experienced vet or two if 4nett leaves. This FA class has many options, not to mention the Brady effect.

• Welsh Buc

Participant

But really – it’s just Best Pick Available which is such a luxury

• TowMater69

Participant

Fournette and David will be too expensive too keep. Best available Dt or Edge in 1st. Jabril Cox (LSU, LB) or Michael Carter (UNC, RB) in the 2nd.

• kingtrojan

Participant

Depending how the draft shakes out I can see the Bucs trading down to a team trying to get back in the 1st round to take one of the Qbs. If the Bucs keep the pick has to be defense or O-line,

• Donkey

Participant

Theyre not taking a QB high with Brady here. That’s what started the riff between him and Belichick and and big reason why he left NE.

• adkindo

Participant

Very different situation now than when Brady was in New England. He has a lot of weapons in TB. I would not be opposed to taking a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round if we liked a guy at that point.

• Anonymous

Inactive

UP Vote!!! and not just cause of the weapons …..

• dexmonkey

Participant

Need to address DL. Not sure we bring Suh back or can afford to. I’d look at OL as well and LB depth

• Bucman

Participant

32nd pick is a big spot where teams like to move up to. It carries that valuable 5th year option though. Not sure I wanna trade out

• JC5100

Participant

DT or Edge, maybe OL

• Roy

Participant

Yes its a good year for a FA RB to replace Fournette, who will probably take the payday. I don’t blame him. He has one shot at a nice payday. He has to take it.

We will need an edge rusher, but I’m more inclined to use the first rounder on a LT. There are multiple OTs projected for Round 1 and there’s a good chance one falls to the last pick. I think you keep Smith at this point, but we have no depth there. You can get an edge rusher on Day 2 easier than you can get a quality starting tackle on Day 2.

But there will be more free agents who will want a shot at glory, and I think if there are any glaring holes there will be a free agent looking to fill it. We’ll see, but I think we’ll be in a position to draft the best player available when we get around to draft day.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Bucs should go OT in round 1.

DT in round 2 or 3.

And nab a pass rusher that can push for playing time as a #3 pass rusher.

As for RB a pass catching veteran is my preference.

Build the trenches!

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Fournette will be back next season. It’s Brady’s last year under contract, I believe we see contracts structured for one more ALL IN year next season.

• SunnyD

Participant

James White is a no brainer FA addition. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t end up in Tampa.

Licht has to HAS TO go DL.

Suh or Barrett are going to be gone and even if Barrett stays the DL depth of this team is perilously thin and aging.

I kind of don’t even want to start talking about this stuff because I’m still so jacked from the SB Win!

• adkindo

Participant

I just do not see Suh having a significant market at this point. 34 years old and still a guy with a reputation of maybe not being a fit for every locker room. Maybe I will be wrong, but I think he will be there for a reasonable price if the Bucs want him back, and I would think we do since he is a really solid fit in our defense and what we ask of him.

• m_j

Participant

this is really unknown teritory. last time we could pick last we actually couldn’t :-)

it will all depend on FA outcome ans who is available as well, very very hard to predict!

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I am not going to even bother to predict FA because it is going to be chaotic. But with the draft I feel the Bucs keep going to the trenches.

This is because the Bucs have a lot of young skill players under contract still along with Howard, Evans and Brate on the offensive side of the ball. And defensive side of the ball the Bucs still have a lot of young DBs.

Also, I feel the Bucs will want to keep as many veteran skill players as possible from hitting free agency or look for veterans to fill gaps (eg pass catching RB).

Build the trenches!

• Natural Selection

Participant

I pretty much always want us to trade down, and this year more than most. I really think there will be day 1 starting quality interior o and d line prospects through the 3rd round. So if we don’t move, I think theoretical positional/draft value (with my perception edge is the biggest “need”) would be 1st) Edge, 2nd) DT, 3rd) G/C. Obviously who falls where would be more important. If one of the oline with good tackle potential falls to 32, I would go there over most of the edges who might be there. I’m not sure who would have to still be there at 32 to prefer the pick over a trade back 15ish spots adding an earlyish 3rd.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Trade back would be good if the compensation is enough. But being able to nab a pass rusher, DT or OT on a five year deal would be more ideal.

Build the trenches!

• Natural Selection

Participant

The 5th year option is completely overrated. Go back and look how often that’s really a value. Do you want to pay OJ 6.5 mil next season? Would the team have been better off negotiating after his year 4? Think we could have swung a better value for that 5th year? Unfortunately, the 5th year is paid at league starter $. The only value is if you hit on a superstar. More often than not, it sets a higher expected salary than the open market would likely fetch.

You’d have to be specific on what trade has ever happened in the NFL where there wasn’t sufficient “value” on picks gained from a trade down. I’m guessing that assessment would only be based on players selected. Anything approaching “book value” favors the team acquiring more picks, imo.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Well right now Howard is under contract with Brate which means the Bucs can still bring back Gronk with ease.

True the freed up cap space makes returning Gronk easier if Howard wasn’t under contract. But the flipside is you don’t have depth beyond Gronk and Brate.

Howard at $6.5 mil is a bargain from my view and another trial run to see how he fits the team long term sounds reasonable to me.

Yes the 5th year option can be overrated but when applied to an OL, DL or even pass rusher the value is very good still. Not as much to a TE like Howard, but I am glad that Howard will have another year to prove himself as a Buc. His potential is sky high.

Build the trenches!

• Natural Selection

Participant

Howard is tied (with 3 other fifth year option TEs from his class) at 14th highest TE salary for 2021. I hope you’re just being argumentative suggesting that is a value. I hope you don’t genuinely believe OJ could have negotiated a $6 million one year contract anywhere in the league based on his first four seasons. Or cash in anywhere on a long term deal right now.

You should also be able to look beyond OJ and realize the fifth year option is not a great value. It is 100% determined by position and not draft placement. So whatever position you select at 32 would get the exact same fifth year money as a player selected at that position number one overall. Again, the only real potential value is if you hit on an absolute superstar. You can go look at the chart for how much it cost at each position for that fifth year option this year. It’s very easy to make the start of a long-term deal less of a hit against the cap if the team needs money right away. Also, if you were lucky enough to hit on a superstar in the first round, you’re probably not holding them over the barrel on negotiations anyway. So that fifth year option probably isn’t exercised as leverage often, even when it could be. Because if you hit on a superstar you are generally trying to keep them happy anyway and not using leverage points against them too much.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I think a team would pay him that much based on potential on the open market honestly.

Look at the Patriots..adding an OJ Howard would open their offense up a lot.

Patriots offense had two weaknesses beyond the QB position. Legit deep threat and a TE that could threaten the seem. Howard can do that relatively easily.

Build the trenches!

• SaskBucs

Participant

I’m in agreement with Sunny D up there. Hope you guys are right and the thinking is trenches first 3 rounds or an LB in there. Edge/DT/OT… gotta load up. A repeat likely depends on it, ask KC if they could have used some trench depth and if that 1st round RB pick was worth it. FA like White is what oughta happen.

Injuries could hit the secondary and not the lines so obviously you never know and need health luck through the year.

What an awesome last month and its still awesome right now. Talking about prospects and this team improving for next year while basking in SB glory!

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Well last off season I thought the Bucs would nab a veteran RB and not bother to draft a RB early in the draft. Vaughn selection surprised me so this time around I hope the Bucs focus on trench players and edge rusher the first four rounds. If they trade out of the first to add more trench players that is fine with me as well.

Build the trenches!

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

1. The team is drafting with need in mind due to the short window.
      2. Don’t know the need until free agency plays out and we see where the team is at.

I don’t see how anybody could say one position or the other with that in mind, but if the roster somehow looked the exact same I would think CB is the most upgradable considering you can never have enough good ones and the Bucs don’t really have any great ones.

• theknees

Participant

Leatherwood from Alabama and rest easy that our OL is as good as anyone in the league.

• adkindo

Participant

The truth is you can almost never go wrong drafting good OL and DL….there is just almost never too much quality depth on a roster for those positions. Depending on how the FA market shakes out, it will likely be a luxury to be drafting for mostly high end depth. All that considered, if a guy like Trask slips to the 3rd/4th Round, I am considering a QB at that point if think he has a chance to be the guy in a couple years.

• m_j

Participant

we can‘t relly talk draft having 32pick and not knowing who‘s staying and who will be gone

and if nothing else we can always take RB or best guy available

• Pennywise

Participant

I dont see Suh returning, so with Bucs first rd pick I go ,Levi Onwuzurike.

Still need backer and pass rush help,

I draft D early and often

I think gronk is back and david,shaq,godwin.
      AB and Fournette are gone

• Natural Selection

Participant

I really like Onwu. He pops off the tapes I’ve seen. Watching Tryon vs. videos and kept seeing 95 flashing. If he falls to 32, would definitely be among the top of my list. Unfortunately, I see him creeping up and up on the mocks. Mostly now seeing him go early-mid 20s.

• Pennywise

Participant

LBs I like , Jamin Davis and Cameron Mcgrone.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.