Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• Skull and Bones

Participant

If Manziel, Bridgewater, or Carr become really good franchise QBs?  I hope we didn’t squander a great opportunity again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Think a lot of that also depends on how Evans turns out.  If one of those guys turns out to be a franchise guy, but Evans turns into a stud I wont feel that bad.  Carr is in Oakland, JFF is in Cleveland.  The only one with a realistic shot is Teddy IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very professional. They have a short term and long term plan and they are executing it. Wins are next and exciting football returns to Tampa Bay.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It will depend on two things: 1.) How good McCown can be and for how long? 2.) How many other QBs comparable to Manziel/Bridgewater/Carr do we have access to down the road and do we get one of them?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It will depend on two things: 1.) How good McCown can be and for how long? 2.) How many other QBs comparable to Manziel/Bridgewater/Carr do we have access to down the road and do we get one of them?

Yea if we drafted a QB for the future next year and McCown plays really for 2 years and the young guy takes over and looks good then I could care less about Teddy, Carr, or Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Manziel, Bridgewater, or Carr become really good franchise QBs?  I hope we didn't squander a great opportunity again.

how will you feel if all 3 turn out blah?  I think there is a much greater chance of blah.  I’m pretty glad that we didn’t squander the next 5 years on a questionable QB. Although they were intriguing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they turn out blah then I or anyone else wouldn’t have much of an argument.  But if we passed on the next Aaron Rodgers all over again its game on.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Manziel won’t even be in football in three more years. Bridgewater will be outstanding.  Neither will have any bearing as to how we addressed this draft, to me. I rate our draft an A-  If our draft picks all fail, it’s on them, not Lovie & Jason.  We drafted high quality individuals who had exceptional talent while in college.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd add, does Glennon develop into something?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Manziel, Bridgewater, or Carr become really good franchise QBs?  I hope we didn't squander a great opportunity again.

I'll feel great!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they turn out blah then I or anyone else wouldn't have much of an argument.  But if we passed on the next Aaron Rodgers all over again its game on.

why make the argument/thread today? Seems like a much better thread for 3 years from now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll feel great!!!!

so you will feel great if we had another chance to get a long term franchise QB but bypassed him for a WR or a TE/ 3rd down back? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very professional. They have a short term and long term plan and they are executing it. Wins are next and exciting football returns to Tampa Bay.

teally?  What’s the long term plan for the most important position on the team?  If Glennon was really the future he would be playing now.  You don’t bench a young guy after 13 starts if you believe in him as a starter. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they turn out blah then I or anyone else wouldn't have much of an argument.  But if we passed on the next Aaron Rodgers all over again its game on.

why make the argument/thread today? Seems like a much better thread for 3 years from now.

its one of the biggest factor in determining if this draft was successful or not going forward.  Just as important as whether or not the guys they did select are any good.  Few here want to acknowledge it though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's the long term plan for the most important position on the team?  If Glennon was really the future he would be playing now.  You don't bench a young guy after 13 starts if you believe in him as a starter.

Since the Bucs are unlikely to announce a "long-term" plan, the chances of us knowing what it is are pretty slim. Suffice it to say, that there's a good chance that they simply saw none of the QBs as good options going forward. That doesn't mean the lack a plan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t get too broken up about it.  Another point that few like to acknowledge is that there’s a fair amount of luck involved it the draft process.  Clearly they didn’t like the available prospects.  If one of them hits, well, it happens.  Unless there’s a consistent pattern of failure, I don’t consider it something to be up in arms about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Suffice it to say, that there’s a good chance that they simply saw none of the QBs as good options going forward. That doesn’t mean the lack a plan.Obviously that's how they saw things and if they are right then good on them.  But we've seen a lot of front offices be wrong.  Especially with this franchise. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Go back over the QBs drafted in the last 5 or 10 years. It’s scarey how few have turned into what people wanted. There are some drafts in that 5 year span that there have been zero quality starters drafted. It’s really a crap shoot. I’m good with Evans as he seems to be starting off very strong. Maybe we miss out but it could very well be that zero QBs are franchise worthy between this year and last years draft. We’ll see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

]its one of the biggest factor in determining if this draft was successful or not going forward.  Just as important as whether or not the guys they did select are any good.  Few here want to acknowledge it though.

theres nothing to acknowledge anytime soon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You ask people how they feel and they say they’d be okay, and so you call them out? You asked the question.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If it turns out that L&L are bad at drafting and are hurting this franchise, then I’ll call for them to be fired just like I have with other FO people in the past.What a stupid idea for a thread.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Manziel does, I’ll be annoyed.If Bridgewater does, I'll be furious.If Carr does, I'll say the Raiduhs got lucky because I'd bet a hefty sum that Carr sucks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

stupid and obvious threadnext.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Same way you feel about the “Offensive Genius” for passing on Aaron Rodgers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll wait.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great article here, I suggest you to read it. Jacksonville GM Caldwell speaks about how important it is to have a franchise QB and he also talks about how much damage can be done when you reach for one and miss. It's a little perspective that you could use. Plus, I am very happy with McCown starting and Glennon sitting on the bench for 2-3 years. In the meantime, we are adding weapons and will hopefully upgrade the OL even further so that when we do find the guy he will have a better chance at success. Our plan is rock solid. http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24448224/jaguars-gm-leaving-all-doors-open----in-the-office-and-on-the-draft-board

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

teally?  What's the long term plan for the most important position on the team?  If Glennon was really the future he would be playing now.  You don't bench a young guy after 13 starts if you believe in him as a starter.

That’s not true at all. Glennon still has a lot of things to improve on even though he played pretty good last year. Right now McCown probably gives us a better shot to win right now. Lovie doesn’t want to start off losing. Glennon might be ready to get back out there in a year or two.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At least 4 of the top 5 teams needed a QB in the draft. The fact that only one was off the board by pick no.7 should speak volumes to how the NFL evaluated the QB’s. I would have loved a trade up for Bridgewater with our second rounder. The fact that they didnt do it tells me exactly what the plan is. Roll with McCown for the next few years with Glennon or whoever backing him up. They didnt trade up because they were not sold on these QB's ... just as many weren't.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wouldn't bother me one bit.As we all saw in the draft selection, no teams seemed to be excited about any of the ones you mentioned. So if we did, so did a lot of other teams.I was more concerned that we would draft the brat from Texas A & M.  Man I really did not want him on our team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

L&L    Stay with the plan  GO BUCS    A+

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd add, does Glennon develop into something?

It's never happened in 38 years as a franchise. I hope it happens for the very first time but based on history I'm not holding my breath.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

162159d1263880208-acura-vs-infiniti-vs-lexus-useless_thread.jpg

Please wait…

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.