Viewing 148 reply threads

• Author

• Dickens

Participant

I have a feeling manziel is going to be there when we pick at 7. If he is and we pass on him, how will you feel?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Depends on who they pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot better than if they picked him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would sting a bit. I trust Lovie will do the right thing though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Depends on who is available and who they pick.Even then it would be a mixed bag, I'm not sold on any of the QBs but our depth chart is so awful we have to do something about it.I'd love one of the wideouts but that position is so good this draft we could wait.This year more than most the draft class will have to be judged as a whole rather than individual players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. If it's Watkins or Bridgewater, then cool. If its Gilbert, an OT, Mack/Barr..then highly questionable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would feel even worse than when they passed on Kuechly to take Barron.  And that was bad!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be dissapointed but probably also a little relieved. Dissapointed because he’s electric and I love watching him play, relieved because I’m also concerned he’ll flame out in the NFL. That can be said about anyone, but as much as I like him he also makes me really nervous.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I mean…it could be worse. We could have Tebow at QB. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ecstatic!!!.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would feel even worse than when they passed on Kuechly to take Barron.  And that was bad!

how did you feel bad about a team you root against?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ecstatic!!!.

Same as you felt when the Bucs finally won a game in 2009 and didn't go 0-16.    I almost called that one exactly, didn't I?  You were sweating.  Instead, I only came closer with my prediction than anyone else did.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like we dodged a bullet. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How was that bad? I know you wanted Kuechly, but I thought you said Barron would be a baller.

I agree with this.  I thought Barron was one of the 3 guys they should have taken if Richardson was gone.    Kalil, Kuechly and Barron were the 3 guys.  I'd have preferred Kuechly, but Barron will be a baller.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Won’t be mad if we pass on Manziel. But if go ahead and draft someone like Carr instead I’ll be a little upset.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How was that bad? I know you wanted Kuechly, but I thought you said Barron would be a baller.

I agree with this.  I thought Barron was one of the 3 guys they should have taken if Richardson was gone.    Kalil, Kuechly and Barron were the 3 guys.  I'd have preferred Kuechly, but Barron will be a baller.

LMAO. Excellent find.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LMAO. Excellent find.

Owned...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was the only one on here who actually called that the Bucs would draft Barron (prior to the draft).    I’d have preferred Kuechly and was sickened that they didn’t take him.  How is that any different than ever?I thought Barron could be a baller (he's not, due to the coach letting him take Price's chair), but he could have been.  However, he will never be as good as Kuechly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LMAO.....the board jester disrobed again!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was the only one on here who actually called that the Bucs would draft Barron (prior to the draft).    I'd have preferred Kuechly and was sickened that they didn't take him.  How is that any different than ever?I thought Barron could be a baller (he's not, due to the coach letting him take Price's chair), but he could have been.  However, he will never be as good as Kuechly.

Cool story. And Sapp will never be as good as Manning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought that was close to a stroke of genius that I called Barron would be the Bucs pick prior to the draft.  Nobody was calling that one.    I just looked at Schiano’s theory of football and figured that would be his pick.  I hate to say who I think Lovie will pick this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

disrobed again!!

You would like that, wouldn't you?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty sure jerseybucfan or bucballa85 called Barron to the Bucs prior to the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

disrobed again!!

You would like that, wouldn't you?

dance board jester......dance!!!

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

Manziel is a talented young quarterback that is exciting to watch, and he has the ability to become a franchise quarterback in the right situation. But if the team decides to pass on him they must have a good reason for it. Now that reason might be because they do not believe he will make the jump from college quarterback to NFL franchise quarterback, or it might be because they value another player more highly than Manziel – whatever the reason, if the team passes on Manziel I wouldn’t be disappointed because while I like Manziel, there are other prospects that should be available at #7 that could step into this team and make a big impact.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Relieved

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LMAO. Excellent find.

Owned...

Completely, totally owned. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As many others have said… Depends on who we picked instead.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will feel like coming on here and laughing at some Manzielsexual meltdowns.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we pass on Manziel for a Guard or RT. I’m going to be furious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Java was smart to know what a baller Barron would be. Good call Java.  I agree it was a good pick. We've seen the flashes of greatness , and now in a real NFL scheme like Lovie's we will see him take the final step towards beastdom.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be cheesed.We wasted picks on guys like freeman and revis, but to waste them on a potential offensive powerhouse is not allowed?If they just passed on manziel, they had better know something we don't, or it really is bs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Depends on who is picked (Bridgewater). :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be ecstatic that they didn’t waste the pick on Manziel and then, after the excitement wore off, I’d remember that many of the fans here would be having a breakdown and get excited again to read that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a feeling manziel is going to be there when we pick at 7. If he is and we pass on him, how will you feel?

Relieved

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd be ecstatic that they didn't waste the pick on Manziel and then, after the excitement wore off, I'd remember that many of the fans here would be having a breakdown and get excited again to read that.

This is pretty much how I'd feel

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd be ecstatic that they didn't waste the pick on Manziel and then, after the excitement wore off, I'd remember that many of the fans here would be having a breakdown and get excited again to read that.

lol +1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Isn't that the truth. Hell, we are seeing mini-meltdowns at even the potential of not picking him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ecstatic!!!.

Same here

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel, Teddy, Watkins, or Evans and the babies will be safe.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hate to say who I think Lovie will pick this year.

you would hate to, or you are scared to?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not afraid to admit that I will troll the hell out of emotional idiots like Boid Fink if Manziel is on the board and we pass , lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not afraid to admit that I will troll the hell out of emotional idiots like Boid Fink if Manziel is on the board and we pass , lol.

Lol that should be fun

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not afraid to admit that I will troll the hell out of emotional idiots like Boid Fink if Manziel is on the board and we pass , lol.

If that does happen, you know Ladyboy Larry will start claiming that we'll go 0-16 and other garbage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No real reason to troll. Idk about him, but if he's anything like me, he'll be bummed enough that trolling won't be required. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we pass on Manziel for a Guard or RT. I'm going to be furious.

^^ this ^^

Ecstatic!!!.

Same here

with no regard to who the pick is? Sounds like "HATE" to me!!

If that does happen, you know Ladyboy Larry will start claiming that we'll go 0-16 and other garbage.

He'll have another alias by then!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I swear, some people in here are so bias that they would rather forfeit the pick instead of drafting manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I swear, some people in here are so bias that they would rather forfeit the pick instead of drafting manziel.

i'm inclined to agree. We used a one on Freeman, for crying out loud. And his ceiling was no where near Manziel's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not biased to be opposed to drafting a guy you don’t think will be any good in the pros.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i'm inclined to agree. We used a one on Freeman, for crying out loud. And his ceiling was no where near Manziel's.

And don't forget, we also got to rent revis for a season and draft a safety. And it only took two first round picks...but manziel is a "risk?"I say let's risk something somewhere that matters. This team needs to stop tippy toeing around this issue, and stop being scared of the unknown. Not every pick will be surefire, but damn it if we haven't wasted more on positions that aren't all that important.As far as I'm concerned, anyone we get will be an immediate improvement, but picjing up a qb like manziel shores up a plethora of issues this team faces.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As a lifelong Buc fan, i’ve grown tired of longing for our franchise guy. And the eyeball test tells me that in Glennon, we still don’t have one. Now that the rookie salaries have been put in check, i’d draft a QB every year until i struck gold.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As a lifelong Buc fan, i've grown tired of longing for our franchise guy. And the eyeball test tells me that in Glennon, we still don't have one. Now that the rookie salaries have been put in check, i'd draft a QB every year until i struck gold.

Maybe the Bucs should try this. http://first-pick.com/NFL/DraftGame.aspxYour Picks:Round 1 Pick 7: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M (A)Round 2 Pick 6: Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois (D-)Round 3 Pick 5: Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (F)Round 5 Pick 9 (BUF): David Fales, QB, San Jose State (D-)Round 6 Pick 12 (STL): Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson (F)Round 7 Pick 6: Jeff Mathews, QB, Cornell (F)Round 7 Pick 9 (BUF): Stephen Morris, QB, Miami (Fla.) (F)Round 7 Pick 19 (MIA): Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State (F)Round 7 Pick 21 (G.B.): Jordan Lynch, QB, Northern Illinois (F)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would actually disagree with that....to a degree. Physically, his ceiling was very very high. It was always mental with Josh. and just because we made a big mistake with Freeman does not mean that with future picks we should just saw "f*ck it, we drafted Freeman, might as well draft ___".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would disagree. Feeman's ceiling was incredibly high but his maturity/character/brains whatever will never allow that to happen.  I hated the Freeman pick as much as any I've seen the Bucs make, but the potential was there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would actually disagree with that....to a degree. Physically, his ceiling was very very high. It was always mental with Josh. and just because we made a big mistake with Freeman does not mean that with future picks we should just saw "f*ck it, we drafted Freeman, might as well draft ___".

Ooops, I see someone else has already made the same point.  I agree with all of this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

we’ll agree to disagree Chace…..won’t be the first time  8)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Either way, with Manziel….it’s a moot point. He will be long gone by pick #7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Either way, with Manziel....it's a moot point. He will be long gone by pick #7.

Great point. I've come around to like Manziel, but this fact is probably best for our Bucs. More intriguing question is what way tnon-QB they go at #7 or if they can trade down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

smart GM

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great point. I've come around to like Manziel, but this fact is probably best for our Bucs. More intriguing question is what way tnon-QB they go at #7 or if they can trade down.

d7cb1485-1f44-42ce-a2bb-53995335acc1_zps3c684ff8.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As a lifelong Buc fan, i've grown tired of longing for our franchise guy. And the eyeball test tells me that in Glennon, we still don't have one. Now that the rookie salaries have been put in check, i'd draft a QB every year until i struck gold.

Maybe the Bucs should try this. http://first-pick.com/NFL/DraftGame.aspxYour Picks:Round 1 Pick 7: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M (A)Round 2 Pick 6: Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois (D-)Round 3 Pick 5: Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (F)Round 5 Pick 9 (BUF): David Fales, QB, San Jose State (D-)Round 6 Pick 12 (STL): Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson (F)Round 7 Pick 6: Jeff Mathews, QB, Cornell (F)Round 7 Pick 9 (BUF): Stephen Morris, QB, Miami (Fla.) (F)Round 7 Pick 19 (MIA): Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State (F)Round 7 Pick 21 (G.B.): Jordan Lynch, QB, Northern Illinois (F)

Thank you, that was awesome.  You can’t just pull the trigger until it goes click, you’ve got to pick the right guy, and manziel is not it.  I would give him a shot if he’s still there in the second, but not with a 1st. . .not number 7.  Get Evans first.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the post said every year, not every pick. Thnx for playing though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder how people will feel if we pass on evans at 7?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Umm this thread…whats the point?If we pick him the people that love him will yell crown us and flood the board with OMG MANZIEL IZ BUCIf we don't... then there will be the other side of the coin where people never wanted him as our pick./thread  ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It depends, do we trade down away from evans with San Fran, and still get Manziel at 30?Honestly, this year's draft is a bigger crapshoot, with the roster we have...if we manage to trade down, I don't really know that I'll be too pissed with the outcome, and if we stay put, JFF should not be the pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder how people will feel if we pass on evans at 7?

Depends who we get , of course. If he's passed on for Derek Carr I'm sure it will be World War III in here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t really care one way or another if they passed on Evans. If they took Carr there, I’d be cool with that. I don’t think Carr will still be available, though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t like Manziel but I understand the pick. The logic is right in that we need a QB – basically any QB we draft makes sense. Given that the draft is basically a lottery liking or disliking a guy is functionally meaningless. Once we take the player the only thing left is how good is he on the field and subjective gives way to output.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be elated if we passed on Manziel. Just have a bad feeling about him that I can’t shake.That said, if he's the pick, I've got no choice but to throw my support behind the guy.............................still think it ends badly for both he and the Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, Browns will take JFF at 4. Every draft Cleveland or Detroit seemingly picks who the Bucs want.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Relieved….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not gonna happen

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is what Lovie sees when he sees Manzielhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWJU_khMOhgits a done deal folks...if hes there he will be a Buc...he is the replica of Cutler...just watch some of Cutler's throws...he has some floaters tooand they both have a little arrogance about thme...you dont want a humble QB...and Like Cutler he is a gambler

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie will pick the replica of the QB that got him fired?  Hmmm…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont think Cutler got him fired… they were 10-6 in 2012Poor QB play wasnt the issueAnd Cutler was not "cheering" the fire of Lovie SmithHe liked the prospects of a offensive minded coach coming in...but was sad to see Lovie go...so there wasnt heat between them

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't like Manziel but I understand the pick. The logic is right in that we need a QB - basically any QB we draft makes sense. Given that the draft is basically a lottery liking or disliking a guy is functionally meaningless. Once we take the player the only thing left is how good is he on the field and subjective gives way to output.

Some would rather be right.....at the expense of the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We aren’t hurting anything if we draft manziel.1. We can still draft a good wr at two.2. Glennon and mccown are solid backups.3. He doesn't necessarily have to start right away either.4. IF we waste the pick, boo hoo. We won't give up rg3 type chips, and that's technically "cheap."5. Then we can have a true competition between vet, rookie, and possible prospect. (Talk about exciting!)I only want what's best for the team, and right now, we could use a little excitement. Get some fans in the seats and make absolutely sure whatever qb we have out there is pushing the ball downfield. I think jff could possibly be that qb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This draft is going to cause so many on this board to jump off a cliff.  Can’t imagine an NFL football mind super excited enough about any of these guys to draft them with the #7 pick overall.  We are not drafting Johnny Manziel or Teddy Bridgewater.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tedford would probably want carr.I say this because he already knows him, (imo) he's probably a good fit for a team in the spread formation looking for yac, runs a 4.6 40, and he's about the average height of tedford's usual qb.But I could also see lovie falling in love with teddy or jff. On one hand, teddy can be very accurate, but on the other, jff fills seats and could look interesting to a defensive mastermind with his ability to extend plays.And licht wants to turn gilbert grape into tom brady.Point being, I don't think there is a consensus, which is why we've looked at everyone. Could be, they're just taking a look, and whomever looks the best gets slotted highest on their overall board. Letting them essentially make the decision for them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No coach on earth is drafting someone to put butts in seats.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is a loud stadium easier to play in?Even if you don't like it, that part does have to factor in if a team is considering drafting manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are getting to a point where TV revenue is 85% of the financial puzzle.  Stadiums dont need fans in the seats for owners to make money.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't like Manziel but I understand the pick. The logic is right in that we need a QB - basically any QB we draft makes sense. Given that the draft is basically a lottery liking or disliking a guy is functionally meaningless. Once we take the player the only thing left is how good is he on the field and subjective gives way to output.

Damn good post, and has been the drum I have been pounding for a while.I feel the same about both Bortles, and Bridge.  Not a fan of either in particular, but I will understand the pick because it is vital.  Get it right, and the team is essentially "set".  I felt the same way about Gaines Adams when the Bucs took him, and I supported the pick as a result of the glaring need.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is a loud stadium easier to play in?Even if you don't like it, that part does have to factor in if a team is considering drafting manziel.

You 'posed to be quiet when your offense is playin'...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You 'posed to be quiet when your offense is playin'...

You have to get the fans in the stadium first to worry about that.I'll be here, waiting for your wacky answer to defend your wrongness.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tim Tebow is sitting at home right now.You consistently fill the seats by winning. Coaches stay employed by winning. In that regard, they might care about how full the stadiums are but they don't sign players because they are popular.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Naismith knows of what he speaks.  There are three franchises that would have benefitted from Tebow’s signing.  He was so bad that none of them was even willing to make a marketing move on him.  If you think Tebow struggled in the league, wait four years from now and look at the careers of Manziel, Bridgwater, Bortles and Carr.  We have to do better than that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Naismith knows of what he speaks.  There are three franchises that would have benefitted from Tebow's signing.  He was so bad that none of them was even willing to make a marketing move on him.  If you think Tebow struggled in the league, wait four years from now and look at the careers of Manziel, Bridgwater, Bortles and Carr.  We have to do better than that.

I would pay money to see your reaction if/when the Bucs take one these guys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would also pay money. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have looked at this draft from every angle possible as it relates to the Buccaneers.  All of the owners individually, Licht, Lovie, Tedford, the promotions department, the division we play in, the two ex-coaches (Dungy and Gruden) and how they rave about Manziel.  There is zero chance we are taking a QB with the #7 pick in my mind.  Too much is at stake.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have looked at this draft from every angle possible as it relates to the Buccaneers.  All of the owners individually, Licht, Lovie, Tedford, the promotions department, the division we play in, the two ex-coaches (Dungy and Gruden) and how they rave about Manziel.  There is zero chance we are taking a QB with the #7 pick in my mind.  Too much is at stake.

Please elaborate how you've come to this conclusion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Naismith knows of what he speaks.  There are three franchises that would have benefitted from Tebow's signing.  He was so bad that none of them was even willing to make a marketing move on him.  If you think Tebow struggled in the league, wait four years from now and look at the careers of Manziel, Bridgwater, Bortles and Carr.  We have to do better than that.

I would pay money to see your reaction if/when the Bucs take one these guys.

As would I  ;D ;D ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Owners – We have two capable QBs on staff, we just fleeced our best DB and second best WR – We aren’t the most football knowledgeable folks so unlike Jerry J we will let our GM and company make the decision.  Probably like JFF just based on the endorsement from Dungy and Gruden and the younger Glazers like the idea of the splash from a media standpoint he would make,  but are shrewd businessmen and know we have capable QBs on staff and needs elsewhere.  Licht - First time GM (gulp, I can't flipping blow this) From Nebraska (historically one of the most conservative sections of the country).  If he makes a gamblers move, which he probably isn't inclined to do, he would need someone else's buy in and that would have to be Lovie.  This way they can go down together.  He's probably had discussions with Lovie and Tedford on the QB spot and I would imagine based on McCown being here alone that Lovie is content in staying put at the QB spot, this buys him some time.  Here's the wild card, Tedford.  If Tedford, is absolutely head over heels for one of the top QBs then this could get interesting.  He will be essentially laying his neck on the line. I think drafting a Bridgewater or a Manziel is too much for a very conservative coaching staff and GM to take on.  Particularly with their first draft together.  The safe money, the logical bet, is on Watkins or Evans or even Robinson.  All three of them are more apt to end up in Tampa than any QB.  If we do go QB and Tedford is successful he will be a head coach in 2016, if we go QB and he fails, he's fired at the end of 2015.  Look at what they have done thus far. Low risk, high upside free agents to mix in with established players. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you’re going to be in for a big surprise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Big surprises aren’t always good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Naisman and 10bass are going to be sad pandas on May 8th.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is going get a wake up call this September.  You just simply can not do the stuff he does at this level.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is going get a wake up call this September.  You just simply can not do the stuff he does at this level.

Tell that to Russell Wilson.[img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/20/RussellWilson.gif?1390178847[/img]Russell-WIlson-Makes-Ahmad-Brooks-Look-Foolish-GIF_medium.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tell that to Russell Wilson.[img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/20/RussellWilson.gif?1390178847[/img]Russell-WIlson-Makes-Ahmad-Brooks-Look-Foolish-GIF_medium.gif

This is the worst comparison of any two QBs.  Mark Rypien and Johnny Football are a better comparison.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Owners - We have two capable QBs on staff, we just fleeced our best DB and second best WR - We aren't the most football knowledgeable folks so unlike Jerry J we will let our GM and company make the decision.  Probably like JFF just based on the endorsement from Dungy and Gruden and the younger Glazers like the idea of the splash from a media standpoint he would make,  but are shrewd businessmen and know we have capable QBs on staff and needs elsewhere.  Licht - First time GM (gulp, I can't flipping blow this) From Nebraska (historically one of the most conservative sections of the country).  If he makes a gamblers move, which he probably isn't inclined to do, he would need someone else's buy in and that would have to be Lovie.  This way they can go down together.  He's probably had discussions with Lovie and Tedford on the QB spot and I would imagine based on McCown being here alone that Lovie is content in staying put at the QB spot, this buys him some time.  Here's the wild card, Tedford.  If Tedford, is absolutely head over heels for one of the top QBs then this could get interesting.  He will be essentially laying his neck on the line. I think drafting a Bridgewater or a Manziel is too much for a very conservative coaching staff and GM to take on.  Particularly with their first draft together.  The safe money, the logical bet, is on Watkins or Evans or even Robinson.  All three of them are more apt to end up in Tampa than any QB.  If we do go QB and Tedford is successful he will be a head coach in 2016, if we go QB and he fails, he's fired at the end of 2015.  Look at what they have done thus far. Low risk, high upside free agents to mix in with established players.

#wishfulthinkin

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Owners - We have two capable QBs on staff, we just fleeced our best DB and second best WR - We aren't the most football knowledgeable folks so unlike Jerry J we will let our GM and company make the decision.  Probably like JFF just based on the endorsement from Dungy and Gruden and the younger Glazers like the idea of the splash from a media standpoint he would make,  but are shrewd businessmen and know we have capable QBs on staff and needs elsewhere.  Licht - First time GM (gulp, I can't flipping blow this) From Nebraska (historically one of the most conservative sections of the country).  If he makes a gamblers move, which he probably isn't inclined to do, he would need someone else's buy in and that would have to be Lovie.  This way they can go down together.  He's probably had discussions with Lovie and Tedford on the QB spot and I would imagine based on McCown being here alone that Lovie is content in staying put at the QB spot, this buys him some time.  Here's the wild card, Tedford.  If Tedford, is absolutely head over heels for one of the top QBs then this could get interesting.  He will be essentially laying his neck on the line. I think drafting a Bridgewater or a Manziel is too much for a very conservative coaching staff and GM to take on.  Particularly with their first draft together.  The safe money, the logical bet, is on Watkins or Evans or even Robinson.  All three of them are more apt to end up in Tampa than any QB.  If we do go QB and Tedford is successful he will be a head coach in 2016, if we go QB and he fails, he's fired at the end of 2015.  Look at what they have done thus far. Low risk, high upside free agents to mix in with established players.

#wishfulthinkin

I wish for the Buc's success.  That will not be found with any of these QBs. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wilson is the exception.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is the worst comparison of any two QBs.  Mark Rypien and Johnny Football are a better comparison.

So should fans avoid Skyway bridge on May 8th?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Naisman and 10bass are going to be sad pandas on May 8th.

Never!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s one of the joys of being an optimist, I can get on board with anything, even a terrible mistake like drafting a mid-round QB like Manziel at #7!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Typing this over and over and over and over and over and over will not make it so!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So what will? A billboard?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Typing this over and over and over and over and over and over will not make it so!!

just like fawning over any QB in this draft won't make them a Buc either.  I win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be completely fine with passing on Manziel. I'd be pissed of we passed up Bridgewater or Evans for an O-lineman however.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

just like fawning over any QB in this draft won't make them a Buc either.  I win.

congratulations.....what was the prize?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we pass on Manziel then I hope we take Carr at 7 because I want to see the rest of you a holes squirm.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we pass on Manziel then I hope we take Carr at 7 because I want to see the rest of you a holes squirm.

LMAO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How would I feel?  Depends on who we took obviously.We take Carr over JFF, and if Carr flops while JFF goes on as advertised, I will realize It'sABucsLife.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How would I feel?  Depends on who we took obviously.We take Carr over JFF, and if Carr flops while JFF goes on as advertised, I will realize It'sABucsLife.

Neither of them will be long term QBs so you won't have to worry about that.  If we draft JFF, everyone on this board is going to be so excited........for about half a season.  Then they will realize that he is slow. "wow, he seemed a lot faster in college." That he's got average arm strength. "Why does the ball take so long to get there in the pros." That he's not super deft in the pocket at reading defenses. "At A&M he could just chuck it up and that one guy would catch it." Lastly, he always seems to be at the local hospital.  The NFL and the SEC are two completely different animals - ask Jevan Snead, Rohan Davy, David Green, Tim Tebow - he'll get crushed.  People want to force a QB to fit in their mind's eye "I can really see him doing all of these neat things in my team's jersey, this is going to be great!!".  There are zero QBs in this draft that will have even moderate impact on the NFL game.  Move along.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I often think how weak azz Glennon’s arm looks and how slow he moves so you might have a point dude.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Neither of them will be long term QBs so you won't have to worry about that.  If we draft JFF, everyone on this board is going to be so excited........for about half a season.  Then they will realize that he is slow. "wow, he seemed a lot faster in college." That he's got average arm strength. "Why does the ball take so long to get there in the pros." That he's not super deft in the pocket at reading defenses. "At A&M he could just chuck it up and that one guy would catch it." Lastly, he always seems to be at the local hospital.  The NFL and the SEC are two completely different animals - ask Jevan Snead, Rohan Davy, David Green, Tim Tebow - he'll get crushed.  People want to force a QB to fit in their mind's eye "I can really see him doing all of these neat things in my team's jersey, this is going to be great!!".  There are zero QBs in this draft that will have even moderate impact on the NFL game.  Move along.

That is your opinion.  If it were etched in stone, I could buy some of what you are selling.  But I dig your enthusiasm, and how you belly up and make your opinion be felt.  But if you are wrong?  And don't give me that "I won't be" crap.  Because you aren't Dionne Warwick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I often think how weak azz Glennon's arm looks and how slow he moves so you might have a point dude.

Lolz

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is your opinion.  If it were etched in stone, I could buy some of what you are selling.  But I dig your enthusiasm, and how you belly up and make your opinion be felt.  But if you are wrong?  And don't give me that "I won't be" crap.  Because you aren't Dionne Warwick.

Love the Dionne Warwick reference btw, full on loon that one.  I could very well be wrong.  This franchise never ceases to amaze me and I have flat out whiffed on drafts in the past.  I loved Josh Freeman for example.  What I am enthusiastic about is Lovie.  We have made a few moves that have me scratching my head but I love the steady workman like feel that Lovie brings to our team.  Most of what I put on here is based off of what vegas is telling me.  I'm not talking crap just to talk crap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Vegas?  That does explain your perspective a bit.  This is about money.I couldn't quite figure out why  you're also a colt and bronco fan, now I have a better idea.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People want to force a QB to fit in their mind's eye "I can really see him doing all of these neat things in my team's jersey, this is going to be great!!". 

So true .....people want a superstar QB on this team so badly they are conjuring up fantasies that may be nothing but that....fantasies.If we pick a QB we have to be 100% sure he is the guy , because you are married to this guy for 5 years usually. Look how long it took to be rid of Freeturd. 5 years set back . If a guy who can be a Luck isn't available , don't be the team who drafts Blaine Gabbert because you desperately want a Luck . We'd be better off rolling with McCown and Glennon and putting weapons around them than trying to force the matter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1) I don’t think Bortles or Manziel will be there at 72) I still think Bortles is the best QB in the draft.  People say he is a bit raw, but he continually put his team on his back and won big games, has all the physical tools of a franchise QB.  We just have to stop buying into the media talking points.3)Manziel scares me, but i think Cleveland takes him.  He excites me and scares me at the same time.4) Teddy- I don't like at all.  He has good accuracy but limited arm strength.  Just does not have the demeanor of leader.  He won't pout but looks disinterested at times. By the way he is not as mobile as people think.  Bortles actually displays much more mobility than Teddy in games5) Carr I like better than Bridgewater, but if we take him at 7 it will be like when the Vikings took Ponder.  I am not buying PRs fit assessment.  Ultimately, if you believe a guy has all the tools of a franchise QB, you take him.  If Tedford can't fit the best QB in this draft in his  offense then we may have the wrong guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1) I don't think Bortles or Manziel will be there at 72) I still think Bortles is the best QB in the draft.  People say he is a bit raw, but he continually put his team on his back and won big games, has all the physical tools of a franchise QB.  We just have to stop buying into the media talking points.3)Manziel scares me, but i think Cleveland takes him.  He excites me and scares me at the same time.4) Teddy- I don't like at all.  He has good accuracy but limited arm strength.  Just does not have the demeanor of leader.  He won't pout but looks disinterested at times. By the way he is not as mobile as people think.  Bortles actually displays much more mobility than Teddy in games5) Carr I like better than Bridgewater, but if we take him at 7 it will be like when the Vikings took Ponder.  I am not buying PRs fit assessment.  Ultimately, if you believe a guy has all the tools of a franchise QB, you take him.  If Tedford can't fit the best QB in this draft in his  offense then we may have the wrong guy.

If Tedford can't fit a strong armed QB who is accurate into his system, then Tedford is definitely the wrong guy, and we already have two of those.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People want to force a QB to fit in their mind's eye "I can really see him doing all of these neat things in my team's jersey, this is going to be great!!". 

So true .....people want a superstar QB on this team so badly they are conjuring up fantasies that may be nothing but that....fantasies.If we pick a QB we have to be 100% sure he is the guy , because you are married to this guy for 5 years usually. Look how long it took to be rid of Freeturd. 5 years set back . If a guy who can be a Luck isn't available , don't be the team who drafts Blaine Gabbert because you desperately want a Luck . We'd be better off rolling with McCown and Glennon and putting weapons around them than trying to force the matter.

This is my thought process when people start talking about just drafting a QB in the 2nd or 3rd, just because. Fact is, outside of the top 3, none of the other QBs have much more (if any more) upside than Glennon. We would be wasting a pick if we take a 2nd/3rd round QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It only took 8 games to get rid of Freeman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure and don't draft a WR because he might be Charles Rodgers and don't draft a tackle because he might turn into Tony Mandarich.  Any bad pick can be seen as trying to force the issue. Obviously when people pick these players they don't assume they are forcing it. Given that evaluation is far, far from a science we can assume that normal variation on evaluations are gonna give wide play for how these things fall.  There are plenty of reports that have Carr as the #2 QB in the draft to NFL teams for example yet fans obviously don't see it that way, nor I would guess to all the teams. So if he is the pick is it a force or an honest selection? I think the latter is more likely since for everyone making this decision they know botching the pick is a career limiting move. If we pick Carr, Manziel or whoever the staff is gonna be 100% on that guy even if we aren't.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

5 years and 2 regimes before we finally came to terms with the fact that , ” ya know what , this isn’t going to work”. LolThe philosophy that you should pick QBS randomly until you hit because it's all that matters is bogus.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

5 years and 2 regimes before we finally came to terms with the fact that , " ya know what , this isn't going to work". LolThe philosophy that you should pick QBS randomly until you hit because it's all that matters is bogus.

A lot of stupid in those regimes for one thing. Toss in an anomalous year that had people chasing ghosts cost us a lot of time with Freeman. Still, this isn't random.  No one is saying shake up a hat and pull out......Blake Bortles! Come on down!  If you need a QB and you have one graded as a long term starter then as an organization you take the player.  Like I've said, I dislike Manziel immensely as a QB prospect but drafting him isn't a force because we need a QB and presumably the people who would take him at 7 disagree with my evaluation. People bag on this draft class but the last time there was an awful draft of QBs was Smith and Rodgers and both of those guys have turned out pretty well. Lots of picking at Eli, Rivers and Roth as well.  Again, they have worked out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do think these QBs have been relentlessly picked apart unnecessarily.A couple of them will be good and play as starters in the league for a good while IMO...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do think these QBs have been relentlessly picked apart unnecessarily.A couple of them will be good and play as starters in the league for a good while IMO...

Which ones?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, based upon how many QBs will go in the first 3 to 4 rounds, there will most likely be 2 QBs who end up being at least solid starters with 5+ years of solid play.I'd say those 2 would be Teddy and Mettenberger.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, based upon how many QBs will go in the first 3 to 4 rounds, there will most likely be 2 QBs who end up being at least solid starters with 5+ years of solid play.I'd say those 2 would be Teddy and Mettenberger.

Than Bortles and Manziel it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Vegas is correct more than they are wrong, but it doesn’t take much of a diference for them to come away looking pretty.  The action is always there, Niagara Falls of cash…So basically 10lber, you are just preaching like some crazed harbinger of doom and treating other peoples posts as completely unworthy of merit because of how strongly you dislike the prospects?  Got it.  Manziel can play, and he isn't slow.  He is quick fast.  Short area velocity, can throw the ball in the most awkward positions, can stand upright in the pocket and throw with velocity, precision, and patience.  He is a leader of men.  He is smart.  He is already ALREADY improving.  the pressure he is under, and yet he keeps on kicking that pressure in the teeth.  He has denied everything that everyone has said about him, insofar as being a gamer.  All the have is he is smallish.  He is a legit 200 pounds, and he has never missed a game.  He is just a big an injury risk as Sammy Watkins.  That excuse is just an excuse.  Scared.Manziel is as good a prospect as they get.  Tore it up.  And did it in every way conceivable.  And he will rock that stadium, even if he sits for a season.  Which is what I would want from him anyway.  Let him learn quickly, and next year, he comes out and we see what happens...I hope we get him the most, out of all the prospects.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love his improvisational skills.  Love his incredible intensity.  Love his mobility.  Love his arm.  Love his confidence and swagger.  Love his nickname.  Just a bad azz prospect man.  DAMN!  I truly pray we get this kid.  Sick of getting Richard blocked by the Browns/Lions.Man, Lovie...grow a set and draft this guy!  Bring that energy into Tampa, sit the kid for a year.  Next year...BOOM SHAKA LAKA !

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I TELL YOU WHAT MAN, I would love to see Manziel shredding teams.  I’m pretty sure he is going to shock some people.  And people will be left becoming huge haters.  He already has them, and it is hard to figure out why he is so damned polarizing, IMO.  Sounds like a cool kid.  A smart guy.  And his arrogance considering the game is awesome.  Swagger.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Than Bortles and Manziel it is.

Teddy and Manziel. After taking a closer look at Bortles, I think he's overrated.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mettenberger is going to be awful lmao. There is so much to work on with that cat and he has no mobility.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Andrew Richardson of USA Today captures JFF with a booster seat…20140320_sng_rb1_155.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Andrew Richardson of USA Today captures JFF with a booster seat...20140320_sng_rb1_155.0_standard_709.0.jpg

That is funny, if true...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not talking crap just to talk crap.

Could've fooled me. You've gone full Java in some of your rants!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not talking crap just to talk crap.

Could've fooled me. You've gone full Java in some of your rants!!

He went from logical and insightful, to biased, to delusional, to retard, and then to Ladyboy Larry dumb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love his improvisational skills.  Love his incredible intensity.  Love his mobility.  Love his arm.  Love his confidence and swagger.  Love his nickname.  Just a bad azz prospect man.  DAMN!  I truly pray we get this kid.  Sick of getting Richard blocked by the Browns/Lions.Man, Lovie...grow a set and draft this guy!  Bring that energy into Tampa, sit the kid for a year.  Next year...BOOM SHAKA LAKA !

lmao!! Stop straddling the fence B-Fink and tell us how you really feel!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lmao!! Stop straddling the fence B-Fink and tell us how you really feel!!

LOLThat is what I like about the B-man, you never have to try and figure out where he stands on an issue.I am not a big JFF fan, but if they drafted him, I would support him 100%.  There is something about Lovie and JFF being together, that just doesn't make sense to me. But we will see how it shakes out in 3 weeks or so.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Andrew Richardson of USA Today captures JFF with a booster seat...20140320_sng_rb1_155.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am not a big JFF fan, but if they drafted him, I would support him 100%.

I feel like this doesn't really need to be said for real fans of the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is funny, if true...

Well, Arian is 6-1.  so it looks like JFF is around 3-4 inches shorter.  IIRC, JFF was measured at 5-11 at the combine.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know you are not new here, but you have to notice the guys that hated a draft pick so bad, they are on the guys case for years, if not forever.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know you are not new here, but you have to notice the guys that hated a draft pick so bad, they are on the guys case for years, if not forever.

Of course, but I still stand behind my statement!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh to have the Browns picks.  They will probably come down with Watkins and a top 3 or 4 QB….They’ll still eff it up, I’m sure.

Please wait…

Viewing 148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.