Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• Dy-nasty D

Participant

Who would the Bucs have selected? (let’s assume they had no takers to trade down)

Would S.R. be correct with the Adoree pick?

All I know is if they hadn’t come away with Howard, I’d be pretty negative about this draft.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

Who would the Bucs have selected? (let’s assume they had no takers to trade down) Would S.R. be correct with the Adoree pick? All I know is if they hadn’t come away with Howard, I’d be pretty negative about this draft.

I’d have been fine.

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

Jason Licht said in his press conference that several teams were calling about the pick. I imagine we would’ve traded down to the mid/late twenties and netted a 3rd. At that point ☝️ clearly Budda is the pick.

Which begs the question…would you rather have had Baker and the extra 3rd or OJ Howard? We may have even taken TE Ingram/Njoku and used the extra 3rd to pop up from fifty to snag Baker too. I’m 100% happy with Howard, since both of the other guys are just oversized, glorified wide receivers.

Anybody but Dalvin 😘

• Biggs3535

Participant

I think a trade down would have been highly likely had OJ not been available.

• FanofTB

Participant

I honestly believe the only reason Titans didn’t take OJ is because they didn’t have a second round pick to take a CB, and they didn’t want to wait till the third round.

• PepsiCo

Participant

Who cares! They didn’t and it’s history now.

• mgchat76

Participant

I live in Denver, and it’s been reported that Tampa had a deal in place and would’ve traded with the NYG who wanted to jump in front of Denver to take Bolles.  So Denver’s sportsradio hosts say that Denver fans should be grateful that OJ was still there so they could get the OT they coveted.  The only problem is that most fans wanted Denver to trade in front of Tampa to take OJ.  It’s been an amusing week on Denver sportsradio.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Yep. Fuck them and everything they stand for. My favorite player in this draft was Corey Davis. They drafted him so he is dead to me now. If they had taken OJ it would have been criminal. Football Gods smiled on us again.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• PepsiCo

Participant

Yep. Fuck them and everything they stand for. My favorite player in this draft was Corey Davis. They drafted him so he is dead to me now. If they had taken OJ it would have been criminal. Football Gods smiled on us again.

Amen Bassy!

• mdarby215

Participant

Why worry about it? It didn’t happen. There is no way to verify what would happen. This thread is useless.

• Dy-nasty D

Participant

Why worry about it? It didn’t happen. There is no way to verify what would happen. This thread is useless.

Who’s worried? Some people enjoy speculation.

• Dy-nasty D

Participant

Yeah, I had Davis and Howard as my top 2 offensive picks. It would have been cruel for the Titans to take both of them. Besides having them on an NFC South team, I can’t think of a team I would hate having them more on than that god-forsaken Mariota team.

• fanofkit

Participant

Nearly as useless as a post from someone in a thread they consider “useless”, just to say it was useless.  Speculation and woulda/shoulda/couldas is the life blood of sports conversation…

• Crazy Legs

Participant

I think Licht and Co. said that the only player they were going to draft at 19 (as opposed to trading back) was OJ. If OJ were gone they were going to trade back.

What if Jonathan Allen AND OJ had slipped to 19? Who would they have picked? I still think OJ.

Certified Redboard GM
      Mediocrity is the sincerest form of Imitation that greatness can pay to flattery

• BucNCane

Participant

You answered your question then asked it then answered it again.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

If you are going TE Evan Engram would have been a good choice. If you were going defense, I can only speculate that Adoree Jackson or Budda Baker would have been the pick. I assume they would have wanted to trade down in that scenario, though. There were lots of good players there. Ramczyk, King, Robinson, Peppers, Charles Harris, Lamp, Samuel, Cook the possibilities would have been endless.

I’m just glad that it turned out the way it did and we go OJ without trading up. I’m still pinching myself

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• Hate

Participant

(let’s assume they had no takers to trade down)

why assume that when the phone was ringing off the hook?

• BucNCane

Participant

(let’s assume they had no takers to trade down)

why assume that when the phone was ringing off the hook?

Maybe the pizza guy couldn’t find the war room.

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Message Boards are all about speculation and opinion.

Did not take Jackson too serious as an NFL CB before the draft because of his size. Jackson from what I read after the draft is one of the best athletes in the open field in this draft. His quicks as a CB very well may outweigh his size, as his forte is going to get the ball, and he’s a reliable tackler as well. Plus he is regarded as the best returner in this draft. And he has skills on offense too. I have to think the Bucs take him if the Titans take Howard, although trading down may have been more to Licht’s liking. One other reason we take Howard is he should be a reliable blocker helping our needy Ts, even if just a chip. We will see how well his blocking translates to the NFL…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Message Boards are all about speculation and opinion.

Did not take Jackson too serious as an NFL CB before the draft because of his size. Jackson from what I read after the draft is one of the best athletes in the open field in this draft. His quicks as a CB very well may outweigh his size, as his forte is going to get the ball, and he’s a reliable tackler as well. Plus he is regarded as the best returner in this draft. And he has skills on offense too. I have to think the Bucs take him if the Titans take Howard, although trading down may have been more to Licht’s liking. One other reason we take Howard is he should be a reliable blocker helping our needy Ts, even if just a chip. We will see how well his blocking translates to the NFL…

Adoree is going to be horrible in the pros. Thank God they didn’t do the right thing and draft OJ. Crazy to think the two best offensive pieces in this draft would have gone to such a shitbox QB.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Message Boards are all about speculation and opinion. Did not take Jackson too serious as an NFL CB before the draft because of his size. Jackson from what I read after the draft is one of the best athletes in the open field in this draft. His quicks as a CB very well may outweigh his size, as his forte is going to get the ball, and he’s a reliable tackler as well. Plus he is regarded as the best returner in this draft. And he has skills on offense too. I have to think the Bucs take him if the Titans take Howard, although trading down may have been more to Licht’s liking. One other reason we take Howard is he should be a reliable blocker helping our needy Ts, even if just a chip. We will see how well his blocking translates to the NFL…

Adoree is going to be horrible in the pros. Thank God they didn’t do the right thing and draft OJ. Crazy to think the two best offensive pieces in this draft would have gone to such a shitbox QB.

Oh look at the hypocrite. So you’re smarter than Jon Robinson now?

How about a taste of your own medicine? Jackass

LOL

GottaJaboo wrote:

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

I’m not sure who Mariota raped more…

Lovie’s defense or your dome.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

I’m not sure who Mariota raped more…

Lovie’s defense or your dome.

Bottom line, Godwin, our third round draft pick, spent the rose bowl, raping Adoree in prime time. Just remember, they could have had both Corey Davis, who should have gone #1 in this draft and OJ Howard, who most had as a top 5 pick.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not sure who Mariota raped more… Lovie’s defense or your dome.

Bottom line, Godwin, our third round draft pick, spent the rose bowl, raping Adoree in prime time. Just remember, they could have had both Corey Davis, who should have gone #1 in this draft and OJ Howard, who most had as a top 5 pick.

Yup, and the much maligned Oregon Ducks defense raped Winston on the big stage. Dalvin Cook couldn’t handle the pressure either.

It’s one freaking game. I’m not going to base my opinion of Winston or Cook on that one freaking game. Yes Adoree had a bad game, but bowl games are a strange beast. I’m more interested in how players respond to divisional opponents; those teams and players know the tendencies and have been game planning for months.

When it comes to Jaboo, he just hates the west coast. Mariota, Adoree, or anyone that plays in the PAC-12 he doesn’t think highly of… anyone that played in the ACC is the next best thing. As long as we all know and acknowledge his clear bias, you can filter his comments.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Bottom line, Godwin, our third round draft pick, spent the rose bowl, raping Adoree in prime time

Yeah he caught one TD pass on a broken play and pretty much got shut down the rest of the time Adoree was covering him.

You get raped in prime time every time you type something on these boards.

GottaJaboo wrote:

• Bschucher

Participant

Wtf is wrong with you people?

• NotDeadYet

Participant

LOL, Jackson’s INT in the Rose Bowl kinda balanced the ledger. In the NFL, INTs and fumble rcoveries are needed by the D for success. Titans were awful getting turnovers, so I suspect that was Robinson’s thinking in taking Jackson. As for Howard, a bunch of teams did pass on him; can’t help but wonder “why”. The Titans lost at least 3 games the last 2 years as a direct result of ST ineptitude, and between FA and their draft, have done a major overhaul. And for a bonus, Jackson happens to be considered the best return man in the draft. I like what both Licht and Robinson have done the last 2 years; 2 of the most productive GM’S in the NFL…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Yup, and the much maligned Oregon Ducks defense raped Winston on the big stage. Dalvin Cook couldn’t handle the pressure either.

It’s one freaking game. I’m not going to base my opinion of Winston or Cook on that one freaking game. Yes Adoree had a bad game, but bowl games are a strange beast. I’m more interested in how players respond to divisional opponents; those teams and players know the tendencies and have been game planning for months.

When it comes to Jaboo, he just hates the west coast. Mariota, Adoree, or anyone that plays in the PAC-12 he doesn’t think highly of… anyone that played in the ACC is the next best thing. As long as we all know and acknowledge his clear bias, you can filter his comments.

Adoree, like USC in general, is a figment of the media’s imagination. That said, Sam Darnold is going to a stud of a QB. But for the most part, that university gets entirely too much credit.

• FanofTB

Participant

LOL, Jackson’s INT in the Rose Bowl kinda balanced the ledger. In the NFL, INTs and fumble rcoveries are needed by the D for success. Titans were awful getting turnovers, so I suspect that was Robinson’s thinking in taking Jackson. As for Howard, a bunch of teams did pass on him; can’t help but wonder “why”. The Titans lost at least 3 games the last 2 years as a direct result of ST ineptitude, and between FA and their draft, have done a major overhaul. And for a bonus, Jackson happens to be considered the best return man in the draft. I like what both Licht and Robinson have done the last 2 years; 2 of the most productive GM’S in the NFL…

I like the way both Bucs and Titans are building their teams. Would not be surprised to see a Bucs vs Titans Super Bowl in the next 3 years.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Bottom line, Godwin, our third round draft pick, spent the rose bowl, raping Adoree in prime time

Yeah he caught one TD pass on a broken play and pretty much got shut down the rest of the time Adoree was covering him.

You get raped in prime time every time you type something on these boards.

Surprised you found time to put your B Baker poster down long enough to type. You will officially be the board bitch this season after your super feminine meltdown and then the alter-ego non-sense. Adoree, like Budda has a cool name but man, he really plays some super average secondary. You’ve got nothing.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup, and the much maligned Oregon Ducks defense raped Winston on the big stage. Dalvin Cook couldn’t handle the pressure either. It’s one freaking game. I’m not going to base my opinion of Winston or Cook on that one freaking game. Yes Adoree had a bad game, but bowl games are a strange beast. I’m more interested in how players respond to divisional opponents; those teams and players know the tendencies and have been game planning for months. When it comes to Jaboo, he just hates the west coast. Mariota, Adoree, or anyone that plays in the PAC-12 he doesn’t think highly of… anyone that played in the ACC is the next best thing. As long as we all know and acknowledge his clear bias, you can filter his comments.

Adoree, like USC in general, is a figment of the media’s imagination. That said, Sam Darnold is going to a stud of a QB. But for the most part, that university gets entirely too much credit.

Wow, you have it all figured out. Good for you!

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Here’s what you will find out in the next 12 months. The “why” is most bad teams that don’t have a QB are wisely looking defense first. That is how you win in this league. Adoree is going to be a bust in the NFL.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.