So if we do get a new GM and Head Coach…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Easythe great
    Participant

And they think Jameis isn’t the answer at QB, do they draft one in the later rounds? Personally, Winston is at his ceiling as far as his decision making and accuracy issues. This will be an interesting off season.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Bucs fan from Texas.. FIRE THE CANNONS!!!

The Anti-Java
    Participant

IMO, Winston is not going anywhere anytime soon. No matter who is calling the shots.
    They will have another couple seasons to evaluate him and look for progress. Then assuming they pick up the 5th year option, they could even tag him another season or two after that.
    So no matter who is in charge, there is plenty of time to decide if he is a legit franchise QB or a journeyman guy.
    He will be in the league for a very long time, there are just not enough great QB’s out there. So they need to try to get him to take the next step, rather than throw him on the scrap heap and start over.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucsBay
    Participant

If they choose McDaniels for some reason, I’m not putting anything past that guy.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

In the OP’s scenario: “they think Jameis isn’t the answer at QB”, then why would they take this job unless they have the green light from ownership to sign a FA QB or draft whomever they want, whatever round they want?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    freddy
    Participant

If they don’t think Winston is the answer, they wont be hired.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    VirgilCaine
    Participant

What HC would want to come here IF they thought Winston wasn’t the guy?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    DonkeyHunter
    Participant

@CrownlessKing

What HC would want to come here IF they thought Winston wasn’t the guy?

Considering Gru’s history, I could see it.

He could bring in a guy like Cousins and give him an arsenal that includes Evans, DJax, Godwin, Brate, Howard, Hump. Hell, if Cousins were here this year, there’s a good chance that DJax is in the Top-5 in yards and TD’s.

Now, I doubt this is how it all plays out, but I could see that scenario happening.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    VirgilCaine
    Participant

Maybe he brings Cousins and even Jay here? Hmmmm

That would be fascinating because the Glazers fired him, at least in part, for that kind of band-aid, year-to-year approach (eg no franchise QB) but then again he came here and added parts to push the team over the top in 2002 so maybe they see this as a similar situation.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucsWin31
    Participant

Freddy
    Dec 8, 17 at 1:57 pm #1046625
    If they don’t think Winston is the answer, they wont be hired.

/thread

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Bucs_Rule
    Participant

You can bet your house the Glazers would not hire a coach who wanted to get rid of Winston.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Bucs_Rule
    Dec 8, 17 at 3:02 pm #1046654
    You can bet your house the Glazers would not hire a coach who wanted to get rid of Winston.

If that is true, then the prospective new HC would have no problem tying his own career to a QB currently under an NFL investigation. IMO, that eliminates all but the desperate to be HC anywhere, anytime, any situation.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TCB2W!
    Participant

@DonkeyHunter

I don’t get how you think that DJax would be a top 5 with Cousins as QB. I mean he PLAYED with Cousins at QB for 3 years and never hit the top 10 much less 5. He averaged 67.5 yards per game with Cousins. Evans being top 5 with Cousins here, sure. Because they will always be double teaming DJax since Cousins like going deep. But not DJax.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    GoldsonAges
    Participant

“If Cousins is here this year there’s a good chance Djax is top 5 in yards and TD’s”

Donk, Djax was in Washington with Cousins the last 3 years and never reached 1,200 yards, or got more than 6 TD in one season.

What makes you think Cousins and Djax would suddenly start clicking now after having 3 mediocre years together in Washington?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

GottaJaboo wrote:
    (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
    Update - UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

Soul Bro
    Participant

I don’t think the Bucs will move on from Winston for football reasons. He’s still young and has plenty of time to improve.

I think if they move on from Winston, it’ll be for character reasons. For instance, if he gets suspended for this Arizona incident, I’d hope they would at least look at Cousins.

As a fan of both the Bucs and Noles, it’s hard for me to understand how this current investigation of Winston will take months if it’s as clear cut as Winston says it is. Thus, I’m reluctantly taking a wait and see approach to the whole situation. I think the outcome will greatly impact the coaching and quarterback situation of the team next year.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    inspecto
    Participant

I can see a trade Winston for Cousins?? Any one?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.