Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• Skull and Bones

Participant

what would your draft look like so far?Mine, Evans, Manziel in a trade up, and Spencer Long in the 3rd.  in the Manziel trade we lost our 2nd and next years first.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hard to predict trades because it takes two to tango so based on availability: Evans, Lee and Gabe Jackson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would’ve liked to trade up for Teddy like the Vikings did. But if Lovie says he wants Glennon then I’m happy with the first 2 rounds. Not a fan of adding a Rb. Would’ve rather taken Gabe Jackson. Guard is the only position we have a real hole at. We need some upgrades, but the only guard we have worthy of starting has played 9 games in the last 2 years he’s been with us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The second manziel got halfway through the round, I’d be calling to trade.We would've won a superbowl for sure, because he would've been so thankful not to be in cleveland.Plus, if we already have evans...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1st 2 picks were no brainers for us. Thankfully Jacksonville took Bortles and not Mack, or Evans probably wouldn’t have been there for us. Also thankful the Falcons didn’t take ASJ. They got a good player, but they are really going to miss Gonzalez this year. If ASJ would have been gone I’d have wanted Joyner, but I’m ecstatic we got Jenkins, should be a difference maker day 1. Sims was somewhat of a surprise pick, but they obviously want to throw the ball to their backs and weren't completely happy with how the current backs on the roster catch and block. Understandable, and I agree with the Sims pick. I don't think we are as bad at Guard as many are making us out to be. We don't have any well known names at the position, but the guys we do have have starting experience and have played well. Still I really like Spencer Long, so I would have targeted him in the 3rd if it had not been Sims.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

R1 I would have traded out in a heartbeat and taken any semi-reasonable offer. Apparently teams called but we were enamored for some reason. If we want a WR I’d feel loads better trading back and getting the Cooks, Beckham type guy later and adding picks. Get a guy who compliments VJax and is actually fast.R2: All the tradebacks, again would have gone ahead and done it. ASJ not an elite prospect, if I'd stayed I would have taken Matthews to compliment my speedier guy in R1. R3: Scott Crichton easily over another RB and assuming I net another R3 pick from the R1 trade down I'll toss in Gabe Jackson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would have done things exactly the same in round 1 and 2 assuming I couldn’t trade. I like the picks in Evans and ASJ. both players are instant upgrades and provide mismatches on the fieldRound 3 sucked and I would have gone with Gabe Jackson or David Yankey thereday 3 we have to get a LB, a speed receiver and an OG. im not sure how we are going to do it but its what needs to be done. if we had a 4th id feel so much better

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the FA market for WR was pretty good this year. They should have dealt with the Mike Williams replacement drama then instead of creating another hole. I probably would have drafted an OT after trading down a bit, and made that same Vikes trade up for Bridgewater.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m taking donald at 1 then Moncrief in 2 and a guard in 3rd round

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, I guess skull boner isn’t on everyone’s ignore list. That maybe the let down of the entire draft

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Mike Evans2. Marquise Lee3. Gabe Jackson5. Telvin Smith

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so Evans, Manziel, and Spencer Long as mentioned.  Like the trade up for 2 5th rounders but I’d go with Jarred Abbrederis and OT Wesley Johnson out of Vanderbilt.  Jordan Zumwalt in the 6th.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Assuming we couldn’t trade back, I would have kept the picks the same. Evans and ASJ. I’m definitely surprised with the Sims pick. I’d have gone with Jackson or Yankey.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We would've won a superbowl for sure, because he would've been so thankful not to be in cleveland.

Manziel groupies are out of control.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don’t think Gabe Jackson fits what we’re trying to do on offense.  He’s a mauler.  We want guys up front with more mobility. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would have taken Jordan Mathews in the 2nd, Archer in the 3rd and Mettenberger in the 5th.  That said, I’m perfectly happy with the route they took.  Kudos to them.  I’d like to see them go after Jordan Lynch too in free agency.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Instead of Edwards I would have taken Yankee and instead of Pamphile I would have taken Aaron Lynch DE1. Evans WR (big reciever with decent speed and made Manziel look better than he was)2. ASJ TE (big TE who could be our Gronk, what isn't there to like?)3. Sims RB (wasn't a fan of the pick but it's intriguing and he could be a weapon)5. Yankee OG (day 1 starter who fits our offensive scheme)5. Lynch DE (could end up being a late round sleeper at DE like Greg Hardy$6. Herron WR (maybe my favorite pick great fit for the offense)

Please wait…

• ruodrik

Participant

This was my on the clock draft.1) DT - Aaron Donald - Immediate 3-tech starter and force.  Fastest off the ball Ive seen in years. Huge motor. Was BPA at 7 imo. Keeps McCoy hungry at 3-tech competition yet immediate starter on passing downs at UT or DE.2) WR - Marqise Lee - Speed in space, handsy, outpositions and outfights defenders, slot or outside speed, would command over the top coverage. Kick Returner bonus. Should have went in the 1st.3) C - Marcus Martin - Immediate starter and versatility to play at C or G.  Super value for us here. 5) OG - David Yankey - Value pick here for need.  Fights for playing time. I like better than our pick5b)OG - Cyril Richardson - Value pick here for need.  Fights for playing time.  I like better than our pick6) DT - Daniel McCullers - Bohemoth of a man to put in our run rotation.  Commands double teams. 3rd -4th round value in the 6th round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don't think Gabe Jackson fits what we're trying to do on offense.  He's a mauler.  We want guys up front with more mobility.

Exactly Gabe Jackson isn't a scheme fit.  I would have taken Trai Turner G LSU, Carolina took him later in the round.  Would've taken Marcus Martin instead of Kadeem Edwards, which SF did right after we took Edwards.  I don't mind the trade up for the Purdue kid.  Love Herron.  O-line I think is one of the harder position for fans to judge talent so who am I to say they didn't do it right and Sims sounds like a matchup nightmare and the NFL is a match up league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don't think Gabe Jackson fits what we're trying to do on offense.  He's a mauler.  We want guys up front with more mobility.

Exactly Gabe Jackson isn't a scheme fit.  I would have taken Trai Turner G LSU, Carolina took him later in the round.  Would've taken Marcus Martin instead of Kadeem Edwards, which SF did right after we took Edwards.  I don't mind the trade up for the Purdue kid.  Love Herron.  O-line I think is one of the harder position for fans to judge talent so who am I to say they didn't do it right and Sims sounds like a matchup nightmare and the NFL is a match up league.

Isn't Carl Nicks a mauler?

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.