Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• Skull and Bones

Participant

That at least half our drafted player this year are going to be busts or disappointments.  This is no indictment on L&L.  It’s just the way things work out throughout the league and over the history of the NFL draft.  A good draft is netting two players.  A great draft 3.  So it’s going to happen.  My question is:  which one draftee do you predict to be the best candidate.  Also keep in mind that the later a guy is drafted the lesser the expectations are. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With all the recent hype and comparisons, I would say Sims is most likely to under perform in the eyes of the fans. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I bet the first three picks work out. You are right usually only a few players do end up being contributors but not always. I really hope the big.guard and herron work out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sims.  I’m uncertain he will be successful running between the tackles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sims.  I'm uncertain he will be successful running between the tackles.

I've got him as the Bucs first decent screen pass option since... forever?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You figure all the guys after Sims will likely amount to nothing so it is a matter of looking at the top 3. I think the expectations for Sims might be really low as a 3rd down back. I'll say Evans.  I think when you take a player top 7 you expect an elite player. Odds are he never reaches that level of good. That high I want Green, Julio, Megatron level players and I think he winds up below that level.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The draft didn’t have 7 elite players, IMO…

Please wait…

• ruodrik

Participant

I think Evans has the physical skill to establish himself in the NFL as a legitimate receiver.  Sims and ASJ should have incredibly opportunity but need to work on fundamentals; maybe 1 of them pans out.  Maybe one of the guards pans out as a depth pick. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think/hope our top three are successful and I agree with dalbuc, Evans needs to be top tier. I think the guards will be steady and successful, after a red shirt type year. Not spectacular but serviceable. Herron, put in the right situations could also produce. We shall see, as they have looked good in their underwear so far. Schiano seemed to have an eye for talent for a couple of years. If L&L can keep this up for the next couple of years, the Bucs could be a perrenial top 10 team

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Warrick Dunn

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Warrick Dunn

See what I mean?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Warrick Dunn

See what I mean?

Absolutely!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where do you get that a good draft nets you 2 players? With 53 guys it would take you 25+ years to field a “good” team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Take a look at every teams drafts for the last 5 years.  Most teams drafts net them 1-2 long term starters. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For my prediction I’m going with ASJ.  Something about him doesn’t sit well with me.  He’s not a great athlete.  Sure he’s big but he isn’t as physical as his size would suggest and he let himself get too heavy last year at about 280 and underperformed.  Also, he supposedly didn’t interview very well for several teams.  Having said that, watch him become a star.  I’m often wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The first 3 picks will work out. Maybe Herron or Edwards. Sims will always be a role player so he will be looked at as a bust.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sims will get time. They cannot reach for a guy like that and not play him. Doesn’t mean he will be good unfortunately either.Evans will beast in the nfl, but he and asj "could" have character issues. However, I believe they will serve well here. Out of our top two, asj is the bigger risk though imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Evans will be a star, but not considered Elite. I think he makes his second contract with the Bucs.ASJ worries me and I think he'll under produce for a 2nd round pick and weight will be his issue. I think he'll be in the league for a while, but won't get a 2nd contract with the Bucs.Sims - hard to say at the moment, I know so little about him. Could go either way. I think he'll start as the #2 back and if Martin gets injured or plays ineffectively, he could breakout. But with RB's being devalued, not sure he gets a 2nd contract from us.Edwards - I like Edwards and I'm looking forward to seeing him in training camp. I think he surprises us and becomes a pretty steady player.Pamphile - Might work out, but it could take years much like it did with Dotson. Not sure he gets enough time with us, might be a player for someone else.Herron - Could be another Sammy Stroughter type player. Teases with some ability, but ends up on the injury list too often. Reasonably productive when he's healthy.JMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Evans will be a star, but not considered Elite. I think he makes his second contract with the Bucs.ASJ worries me and I think he'll under produce for a 2nd round pick and weight will be his issue. I think he'll be in the league for a while, but won't get a 2nd contract with the Bucs.Sims - hard to say at the moment, I know so little about him. Could go either way. I think he'll start as the #2 back and if Martin gets injured or plays ineffectively, he could breakout. But with RB's being devalued, not sure he gets a 2nd contract from us.Edwards - I like Edwards and I'm looking forward to seeing him in training camp. I think he surprises us and becomes a pretty steady player.Pamphile - Might work out, but it could take years much like it did with Dotson. Not sure he gets enough time with us, might be a player for someone else.Herron - Could be another Sammy Stroughter type player. Teases with some ability, but ends up on the injury list too often. Reasonably productive when he's healthy.JMO.

I think Evans will be one of those guys who football people love because he blocks on the perimeter and puts up good stats.  With you on the, "he may not make elite" status in the eyes of pundits though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Id say Jenkins. At the end of the day he’ll probably a solid but unspectacular TE

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For my prediction I'm going with ASJ.  Something about him doesn't sit well with me.  He's not a great athlete.  Sure he's big but he isn't as physical as his size would suggest and he let himself get too heavy last year at about 280 and underperformed.  Also, he supposedly didn't interview very well for several teams.  Having said that, watch him become a star.  I'm often wrong.

You're wrong. He's got the tools and the ability and now has a real coach. In college ASJ's coaches didn't know how to use him so they bounced him outside in the slot one season then on the OL to help block the next. Talent like this needs to be a 3 tool player and the Univ. of Washington inhibited his development. I think the bust is Pamphile because he just does not impress me to have the NFL caliber skill set to latch on with any team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL so many people are so close minded when it comes to the sims pick.

Please wait…

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.