Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• Pennywise

Participant

Crazy how quiet and dead this place is , freaking bucs are in the superbowl, might not happen again for a decade or longer.

• rob

Participant

Yes, lack of pages and new post notifications has driven away a huge amount of traffic.

Since this has not been addressed in the last few weeks, I guess this is the new norm. What little traffic there is should completely die away after this week.

Makes you wonder if they are winding down the boards on purpose.

• Pennywise

Participant

I agree

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

@pennywise wrote:

Crazy how quiet and dead this place is , freaking bucs are in the superbowl, might not happen again for a decade or longer.

Just because it’s quiet, it doesn’t mean fans are freaking out. Many of us were here for the first Super Bowl in this franchise. We’re on the brink of possibly another with HOF Brady. We have tape on the Chiefs and what we did wrong. TBH, I was exhausted after the NFC Conference game. After that game, I was just hoping we get back healthy safeties in AWJ and Whitehead as well as a markedly improved Vea for the Super Bowl.

Not much else is needed to say. Because of COVID-19, there isn’t a lot of hype going on because teams cannot expose themselves to a wide variety of people in the news outlets. Each day that passes by is another day for recovery and game planning. We’re gonna need it.

• Sam Ram 33

Participant

Covid is a big part of it… As well as other factors. Players cant have as much fun and what not with this week so theres that. Also nerves from fans realizing the juggernaut we have to take down to win this superbowl… They have won 25 of their last 26 games…Have the best QB in the league who can scramble, and all that speed. We have a bad secondary that needs a pass rush to stand any chance.

We have an uphill battle that’s for sure, but in this game you just never know. When going into a game where you know your only shot at winning is a close one score game where the chiefs have the team that can win this game by a few scores.

Either way its been a fun ride and we made it farther than i thought we would with no training camp and what not. As long as health isn’t too much of a factor I do expect a SB victory next year with going all D in draft and maybe an o-lineman

• Pennywise

Participant

I’m talking fans on this board

• thestamos23

Participant

Old fashioned message boards in general are losing people. I’ve visited this board for a long time, but I still use sites like Reddit or Twitter for more bucs content over a message board. Internet is just changing, and this part of the site will die or have to adapt.

• Bucsfan714

Participant

I’ve been on here years and years. Although I don’t post much I’m on here reading 10 times a day…
      The format and use of this site has gotten worse, to the point now I almost avoid this forum.

That being said I’m extremely happy with the Bucs this season, from top to bottom of the organization. Very proud Bucs fan, wish we had a better site to hang out on.

• buc-in-out

Participant

This place is buzzing after a bad loss, but when we win it’s deadville.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

The calm before the storm.

• Roy

Participant

The obvious reason is that there isn’t anything to complain about.

• dexmonkey

Participant

nothing to bitch about at the moment

this place is a hub of negativity and nobody knows how to handle being in the superbowl

and the new format is absolute trash

• RudeGuy

Participant

The Board is like living with your wife. It gets loud when something goes bad.

• Nobody

Participant

I’ve posted as much or more analysis and film study as I always do (probably more) to entertain/facilitate game planning discussion.

My guess is it’s just the frustrating threaded format and reply-chasing that you have to do. The old format wasn’t helpful, but at least it was easy to follow and perpetuate conversation continuity.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

I think maybe some of us may have doubts and don’t want to spread negativity? That’s why I’ve been quiet.

Its like who wants to come on here and openly say “ Hey guys nice run but I think it may be over”.

Don’t get me wrong. I thought all season that player for player we can beat anybody!

However these damn injuries are killing me. I don’t think we win without our safeties and Lavonte David. I don’t like them out there hobbled either.
      I still think AB is a big loss too just not to the extreme LVD would be for example.

I’ll be the first to admit though ,I go to extremes very easily with my Bucs. I’m probably one of the firsts to hit the panic button. Oddly enough, I’m cool and calm regarding everything else.

• Bucman

Participant

The discord is better

• BuccaneerBlood

Participant

It’s pretty awesome watching all these interviews with our beloved Buccaneers at center stage. Primeing up for the Superbowl! I mean I’m still pinching myself. Like it’s going down y’all. We got Brady the MF’in GOAT and a defense playing like frenzied sharks in chum filled water. It’s really awesome driving by Ray Jay it is surreal tbh. Going to the Superbowl experience the night before the big game. LFG TAMPA! Make history!

• Buc on the Move

Participant

I get that Mahommes is great and the Chiefs will be a tough team to top, but you don’t have to make shit up like this:

“Also nerves from fans realizing the juggernaut we have to take down to win this superbowl… They have won 25 of their last 26 games…Have the best QB in the league who can scramble, and all that speed. We have a bad secondary that needs a pass rush to stand any chance.”

Maybe it was a typing mistake, but they lost 2 games this season. Am I as confident as I was going into our last superbowl? Nope, but I certainly am not cowering in fear or doubting our chances against this Chiefs team…They are far from invincible.

I think most of it has to do with the new awful format of this board. So hard to even know what’s new, and sorting through it is a pain. Might have to try to get myself with the times and check out the Discord or something.

• kenntak

Participant

I said the same thing in another thread. There is a lot more talk when there is a loss or about the draft. This is something that only happens once a generation in Bucdom!!!

• Biggs3535

Participant

Well, the message boards suck and have for weeks. The owners/editors/writers either don’t care enough to fix them or they are simply incompetent. Either option is believable at this point.

• m_j

Participant

they didn‘t even bother to post a single comment for all of us complaining, which really sucks! it simply drives one away from here!! awfull!!!

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

100% accurate.

• kenntak

Participant

This board is so messed up that the previous screen listed RudeGuy as making the last post, but when you come to this thread the post does not exist.

• Kermit56

Participant

Rude Guy replied directly to Dexmonkey’s post above.

• BP1

Participant

Okay, I’m lost. How did Rude Guy’s comment jump everyone else who commented before him. Where did the quote button go?

• Joey

Participant

so funny this thread is here.

I haven’t checked out the red board in a while… just kinda wanted to see what everyone was talking about. why?

…well, in the past, back when the board was popular,

Me: hey, I kinda think….

You guys: you know why Joey? …either you are on drugs or just an idiot. you tell me.

so yea. you push people away, and sometimes they go away. Just sayin. peace

• Joey

Participant

point is, if you post here, you just get flamed.

…if you just come to see what the latest post is on a thread you find interesting, you find that it is now just 2 people arguing over who’s mom is fatter. no thanks

• SaskBucs

Participant

I still enjoy visiting this site and this board to hear what my fellow Buc fans have to say. I don’t post enough to say much about the format but have been here for years and plan to stay. I don’t agree all the time with everyone but come for the posts and topics from regulars like Nobody, Pennywise, Biggs etc.

I agree with others saying Covid has changed things a bit, and we have nothing to complain about right now haha. I don’t agree that people get jumped on for chipping in their 2 cents. That only happens between a few regulars who have had opposing views for seemingly a long time.

I also strongly disagree with any fans out there biting their nails or thinking the Bucs are now in over their heads. I am so excited that I have been a fan for 20 years? 21 years? and may be able to celebrate a 2nd SB victory!

I’m very confident! This team is fired up and has the GOAT! The other team probably has better coaching and Mahomes which counts for a lot but they are down both starting tackles! Winfield, Whitehead, Brown and David are all a go… this is the Bucs ball game to lose! Go Bucs!

• kenntak

Participant

Is that a definite with Winfield and Whitehead? Last I heard Whitehead is still iffy?

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.