Viewing 50 reply threads

• Author

• Knucknbuc

Participant

Mccown comes out and throws two picks and fumbles the ball in the first half. U guys think lovie will put in Glennon or Kafka. Or short of dying on the field will lovie gonna ride out this mccown thing till the end?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I use to have a lot of respect for Lovie be it from afar while he coached the bears.  After this whole mess with the QB, a 1-7 record, a defense we are suppose to hang our hats on failing, I feel as if Glennon is kind of the scapegoat in all of this.  I think Lovie rides the rest of the season with josh because that’s his hand picked QB.  I think Glennon underperformed, but I also think he had us in some of the games only to have the defense blow the lead.  Now Lovie wouldn’t ever blame the defense so he blames the QB and goes back to his original plan.  At 1-7 we are out of the playoff picture and even if magic happens and we get in I don’t see us being a Cinderella story and going anywhere.  I think it’s kind of a desperation move to put josh back in because Glennon and Evans seemed to be building chemistry, now we go to josh who I don’t think threw a deep ball in his first 3 games.  We go to a journeyman QB who had 5 good games last season but was a back up everywhere else. Glennon might not be a great QB but Josh is 35.  We are putting a 35 year old QB in, in a loss season to do what exactly? I’d much rather put more tape of Glennon out there and let him play the last 8 games then put a QB who is done in 1-2 years.  But hey Lovie has a plan, if it doesn’t work it’s on him and no one else. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

knowing Lovie he rides it out with McCownthe obvious answer is to put Glennon in but he wont do iti honestly think Lovie is trying to tank the season without appearing to tank the season. putting McCown in there basically says we are surrendering the year and going for draft positionStevie Wonder can see that Glennon gives us the best chances to win in the remaining games

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

………we’ll trade our first round draft pick for Mark Sanchez in the offseason.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

Theres a old song called  ‘Its too late to turn back now ” and thats the Position Lovie put himself in now with Mccown …..McCown stinks it up and the Bucs lose again …Good luck with the Fans and Media Lovie …

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mccown comes out and throws two picks and fumbles the ball in the first half. U guys think lovie will put in Glennon or Kafka. Or short of dying on the field will lovie gonna ride out this mccown thing till the end?

He'll stick with McCownmj-thriller-popcorn-o.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The idea that mccown throws two picks and fumbles is more realistic than him coming out and throwing 300 yards.Lovie is just stubborn.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am screen capturing these comments for when McCown comes out and throws for 300 yards and the Bucs smoke the Falcons. Of course you guys are doing the same with this post lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am screen capturing these comments for when McCown comes out and throws for 300 yards and the Bucs smoke the Falcons. Of course you guys are doing the same with this post lol.

Well the Falcons are playing some really bad defense so this is not all that crazy of a statement.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he starts throwing jump balls to the Dunkaneers maybe . Couldn’t get McClown to throw a pass over 10 yards in those 1st 3 games ….and somehow he still managed to keep turning it over.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At this point you have to stick with Mccown, right? You can’t keep switching QBs and selling that to the players and fans. Lovie will lose his team really quick that way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

.........we'll trade our first round draft pick for Mark Sanchez in the offseason.

i wish but knowing us we'd make the trade our 1st for Colt McCoy instead

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He'll stick with McCownmj-thriller-popcorn-o.gif

1486DCB3-54A9-4A16-A2E1-A543FDE16C4C.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he starts throwing jump balls to the Dunkaneers maybe . Couldn't get McClown to throw a pass over 10 yards in those 1st 3 games ....and somehow he still managed to keep turning it over.

You're one of the only ones that remembers that with me.Mark, he's going to have to make a lot of completions to reach 300 if all his attempts are for 4 yards. McClown is going to play just like he did in the first 3 games - terribly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

During a lost season ...with a QB with no future for this team ...that's probably exactly what will happen and completely screw up our draft ranking.

Please wait…

• discipleboy2000

Participant

I use to have a lot of respect for Lovie be it from afar while he coached the bears.  After this whole mess with the QB, a 1-7 record, a defense we are suppose to hang our hats on failing, I feel as if Glennon is kind of the scapegoat in all of this.  I think Lovie rides the rest of the season with josh because that's his hand picked QB.  I think Glennon underperformed, but I also think he had us in some of the games only to have the defense blow the lead.  Now Lovie wouldn't ever blame the defense so he blames the QB and goes back to his original plan.  At 1-7 we are out of the playoff picture and even if magic happens and we get in I don't see us being a Cinderella story and going anywhere.  I think it's kind of a desperation move to put josh back in because Glennon and Evans seemed to be building chemistry, now we go to josh who I don't think threw a deep ball in his first 3 games.  We go to a journeyman QB who had 5 good games last season but was a back up everywhere else. Glennon might not be a great QB but Josh is 35.  We are putting a 35 year old QB in, in a loss season to do what exactly? I'd much rather put more tape of Glennon out there and let him play the last 8 games then put a QB who is done in 1-2 years.  But hey Lovie has a plan, if it doesn't work it's on him and no one else.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MC- You are talking about the same QB who started 0-3 this season, who didn’t pass a deep ball yet, who threw multiple rookie like interceptions? That guy, throwing for 300+ yards?  Maybe these last 5 weeks he has been mastering the falcons game plan and doing nothing but watching film of them and eating Cheerios.  Even then, I don’t see him passing for 300+ yards and multiple touchdowns.  If I were a Gambling man, I would take the under all day long on that bet.  He might reach 200 yards and 3 touchdowns and 1 interception and we will win 27 to 24.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

If he starts throwing jump balls to the Dunkaneers maybe . Couldn't get McClown to throw a pass over 10 yards in those 1st 3 games ....and somehow he still managed to keep turning it over.

I agree ...Its fine if folks dont like Glennon but just not seeing Mccown doing anything...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

mike-kafka-06132013.jpgBALLER!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MC- You are talking about the same QB who started 0-3 this season, who didn't pass a deep ball yet, who threw multiple rookie like interceptions? That guy, throwing for 300+ yards?  Maybe these last 5 weeks he has been mastering the falcons game plan and doing nothing but watching film of them and eating Cheerios.  Even then, I don't see him passing for 300+ yards and multiple touchdowns.  If I were a Gambling man, I would take the under all day long on that bet.  He might reach 200 yards and 3 touchdowns and 1 interception and we will win 27 to 24.

Ok 300 might be a stretch, re-watching the first few games, there weren't a lot of deep shot opportunities and the few they were attempting were blown up by the pass protection being poor. Remember the Bucs receivers are not burners and aren't particularly fast off the LOS. It takes a while for deep routes to develop. Cleveland played a lot of man out side with one deep allowing for some one-on-one balls. I would imagine Atlanta will learn from Cleveland and give more safety help. But if the line holds up, maybe, just maybe this is ASJ's coming out party and Tampa Bay can exploit the middle more than they have all season. Who knows, personally I am looking forward to seeing a QB with some mobility and guts to get first down with his legs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes thank god we have a QB who will scramble for 4 yards and not throw a pass that would gain 24 yards. Good plan Mark, I know that excites me as as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're one of the only ones that remembers that with me.Mark, he's going to have to make a lot of completions to reach 300 if all his attempts are for 4 yards. McClown is going to play just like he did in the first 3 games - terribly.

McCown's average completion this year 6.2 per attempt, Glennon's is 7.0 That's a whopping 0.8 per pass completion better. Deep balls are all dictated by coverage and protection to allow them to develop.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes thank god we have a QB who will scramble for 4 yards and not throw a pass that would gain 24 yards. Good plan Mark, I know that excites me as as well.

We will see. Glad to see you have it all figured out though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. This franchise is so so so so so sad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MC- You are talking about the same QB who started 0-3 this season, who didn't pass a deep ball yet, who threw multiple rookie like interceptions? That guy, throwing for 300+ yards?  Maybe these last 5 weeks he has been mastering the falcons game plan and doing nothing but watching film of them and eating Cheerios.  Even then, I don't see him passing for 300+ yards and multiple touchdowns.  If I were a Gambling man, I would take the under all day long on that bet.  He might reach 200 yards and 3 touchdowns and 1 interception and we will win 27 to 24.

No, he is talking about the buccaneers incredible habit of blowing a season AND draft position

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We will see. Glad to see you have it all figured out though.

Clubber_Lang_2.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank God also there is a quarterback playing who will actually run for a first down instead of running out of bounds a yard short.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First Arroyo…now Dalbuc…..MC isn’t having a great week..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Things you will accomplish over the buc offense.5. A "screen."4. Capturing3. You can actually spell three hundred.2. If you BBQ, you will smoke more than they will.1. Believing josh will throw 300.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Things you will accomplish over the buc offense.5. A "screen."4. Capturing3. You can actually spell three hundred.2. If you BBQ, you will smoke more than they will.1. Believing josh will throw 300.

This is a good one! Credit due!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First Arroyo...now Dalbuc.....MC isn't having a great week..

haha! The haters are out in force!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well this appears to be the perfect setup for Josh. None of the pressure that comes with being the opening day starter, like playoff expectations. I expect more Chicago Josh than Tampa Bay Josh. Frankly, I have no doubt the Bucs will probably split the last 8, leaving us on the outside looking in at the elite QB prospects.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well this appears to be the perfect setup for Josh. None of the pressure that comes with being the opening day starter, like playoff expectations. I expect more Chicago Josh than Tampa Bay Josh. Frankly, I have no doubt the Bucs will probably split the last 8, leaving us on the outside looking in at the elite QB prospects.

tumblr_ld8ak4GTkq1qbu7dwo1_500.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How in the world are there people who think that McCown is a decent QB and can put up a 300 yard passing game in a win? Not only that, it’s against a team that completely blew us out when McCown was in there. McCown couldn’t even put 3 points on the scoreboard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Luck is my fantasy QB and since he's on a bye, I picked up McCown. I fully expect him to screw up our draft pick with a solid performance tmrw.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How in the world are there people who think that McCown is a decent QB and can put up a 300 yard passing game in a win? Not only that, it's against a team that completely blew us out when McCown was in there. McCown couldn't even put 3 points on the scoreboard.

He was in for 12 pass attempts and with an offensive line that couldn't block wind. But if only he played well, since the defense and special teams were exceptional that game.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

How in the world are there people who think that McCown is a decent QB and can put up a 300 yard passing game in a win? Not only that, it's against a team that completely blew us out when McCown was in there. McCown couldn't even put 3 points on the scoreboard.

He was in for 12 pass attempts and with an offensive line that couldn't block wind. But if only he played well, since the defense and special teams were exceptional that game.

You will be able to Gloat  if McCown has a good game sunday ....If not this thread should be alot of fun around 4pm tomorrow....He is gonna have to put up at least 27pts i think to beat Ryan and that bunch ..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haha! you are correct, someone will definitely have some explaining to do. Hey if McCown stinks up the joint, I will own it.He was in for 12 pass attempts and with an offensive line that couldn't block wind. But if only he played well, since the defense and special teams were exceptional that game.

You will be able to Gloat  if McCown has a good game sunday ....If not this thread should be alot of fun around 4pm tomorrow....He is gonna have to put up at least 27pts i think to beat Ryan and that bunch ..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you listed McCown's mobility as a positive over Glennon, yet blame the oline for him putting up 0 points. Glennon has dealt with the same terrible oline, and he hasn't been blanked in a half this year to my knowledge.I don't blame him for losing that game, obviously the defense didn't come to play, but it's inexcusable to look that bad against an average defense. It's inexcusable to lose against two backup QBs because your offense couldn't put up more than 2 scores.  What could possibly make you believe that McCown will put up more than 16 pts against the Falcons?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m just trying to grasp the smug sense that Drago is anything and the pathetic excuse about a line that wasn’t good when the same line was blocking next week when Glennon went out and looked a lot better. Drago might play better, statistically he almost has to because 68 is actually below his career average, but that is a long way from playing well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you listed McCown's mobility as a positive over Glennon, yet blame the oline for him putting up 0 points. Glennon has dealt with the same terrible oline, and he hasn't been blanked in a half this year to my knowledge.I don't blame him for losing that game, obviously the defense didn't come to play, but it's inexcusable to look that bad against an average defense. It's inexcusable to lose against two backup QBs because your offense couldn't put up more than 2 scores.  What could possibly make you believe that McCown will put up more than 16 pts against the Falcons?

Uhh they were blanked against Baltimore 38-0 at the half, with an INT on the first Bucs drive that led to the 14-0 score. Minnesota ring a bell? How about not scoring in the first THREE quarters? And the team had more penalty yards than passing yards through almost two quarters. And if you think the o-line didnt play better against Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Minnesota and Cleveland than I see no sense in arguing. Losing to 2 backups? Like Austin Davis who just went on the road and beat San Francisco? Tampa wins th first two games if Goldson holds on to the INT and walks in against Carolina and the defense doesn't let Davis, that backup you mention, drive down the field in the fourth to go ahead late. Look, I don't know how McCown will do tomorrow, but since New Orleans, Glennon has been bad. Real bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uhh they were blanked against Baltimore 38-0 at the half, with an INT on the first Bucs drive that led to the 14-0 score. Minnesota ring a bell? How about not scoring in the first THREE quarters? And the team had more penalty yards than passing yards through almost two quarters. And if you think the o-line didnt play better against Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Minnesota and Cleveland than I see no sense in arguing. Losing to 2 backups? Like Austin Davis who just went on the road and beat San Francisco? Tampa wins th first two games if Goldson holds on to the INT and walks in against Carolina and the defense doesn't let Davis, that backup you mention, drive down the field in the fourth to go ahead late. Look, I don't know how McCown will do tomorrow, but since New Orleans, Glennon has been bad. Real bad.Very true Glennon has been terrible. No denying it. Not to say I blame lovie for making the switch but all I know is he can't come back with the same qbs next year. Either gleenon or mccown and a 1st or 2nd round potential franchise qb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown's average completion this year 6.2 per attempt, Glennon's is 7.0 That's a whopping 0.8 per pass completion better. Deep balls are all dictated by coverage and protection to allow them to develop.

I dunno man, McCown was a special kind of awful.  You mention YPA, but Glennon blows McCown out of the water on pretty much every stat this year.stat  YPG  YPA  comp  TD%  int%  ratingJosh  140  6.2  63.2  2.9    5.9      65.8Mike  236  7.0  57.6  4.9    3.0      83.3Those stats are with the same team around them- it does get any more apples to apples than that.  I'm not trying to bust your balls or single you out, I just don't see how the decision to go with McCown makes sense from any standpoint.  Glennon hasn't been setting the world on fire I admit, but he is young enough that there is potential for him to improve and he is playing better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, it's not like a Glennon led offense got shut out through the first 3 quarters against the Vikes just 2 games ago or had 0 points & less than 100 yards the first half in the game before that.Oh and the mighty Glennon hasn't managed to help this offense score more than twice in any of the last 3 games either, the points allowed the first 2 weeks of the season would have also been enough to cause Bucs losses the past 3 games.Your "knowledge" has some pretty major holes in it if you can't even remember stuff from the past month.Don't get me wrong, I have very little faith in McCown getting the job done but don't knock him for stuff your boy does just as bad as him.The difference between Glennon & McCown is like the difference between getting kicked in the balls (Glennon) or punched in the face (McCown), they both suck but the former makes you completely useless for a long period of time while the other might just fire you up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d like to see mccown light himself on fire. At least it would be entertaining.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd like to see mccown light himself on fire. At least it would be entertaining.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, it's not like a Glennon led offense got shut out through the first 3 quarters against the Vikes just 2 games ago or had 0 points & less than 100 yards the first half in the game before that.Oh and the mighty Glennon hasn't managed to help this offense score more than twice in any of the last 3 games either, the points allowed the first 2 weeks of the season would have also been enough to cause Bucs losses the past 3 games.Your "knowledge" has some pretty major holes in it if you can't even remember stuff from the past month.Don't get me wrong, I have very little faith in McCown getting the job done but don't knock him for stuff your boy does just as bad as him.The difference between Glennon & McCown is like the difference between getting kicked in the balls (Glennon) or punched in the face (McCown), they both suck but the former makes you completely useless for a long period of time while the other might just fire you up.

I'm not a Glennon fan anymore, I'm all for drafting a QB 1st overall. It's just obvious that Glennon is a better player than McCown. Glennon can actually complete a ball over 15 yards to a guy that's not 100% open.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not a Glennon fan anymore, I'm all for drafting a QB 1st overall. It's just obvious that Glennon is a better player than McCown. Glennon can actually complete a ball over 15 yards to a guy that's not 100% open.

How is Glennon better?His personal stats don't matter if he's proven he's completely ineffective as a starter, McCown has at least shon a few times in his fairly recent past that he can actually contribute to a real,productive offense.Personal stats mean nothing if they come at the expense of the entire offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh look McCown got a 300 yard passing game. What a great day for him. He surely looks like an effective starter with his 4 TD 6 INT ratio as a starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

300 yards checkvictory - maybe next time

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

Haha! you are correct, someone will definitely have some explaining to do. Hey if McCown stinks up the joint, I will own it.He was in for 12 pass attempts and with an offensive line that couldn't block wind. But if only he played well, since the defense and special teams were exceptional that game.

I was close on the 27 pts

Please wait…

Viewing 50 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.