Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• Vance

Participant

Ranked 28th last year

• seekpar

Participant

Well, it would be helpful if there were holes to run through. Too many times there’s contact at the line of scrimmage and help comes quick. That said, there were a few nice runs for TDs during the playoffs where the blocking was excellent.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I’d be curious to know how effective we were… not just total offense.

I think our passing attack was prolific so of course we run it less.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Rojo i think will have a breakout year.

I think we end up in the 12-16 range this year rushing.

Should be vastly improved.

• theknees

Participant

Our running game was very effective for what we are trying to do. If they play the same this year, we are the best team in the league.

• BucsSavant

Participant

The second saints game greatly skews this, statistically. As others have noted, rojo was 4th in rushing up to late in the season, and this was and is a pass heavy offense

• buccnation

Participant

Rojo was very effective. We need to use him more.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Effective at being an offensive weapon for the other team maybe? How many times did he catch a short pass in the flat from Brady and turn and fumble it away? He can’t block on passing downs, he can’t catch passes, and he’s not a guy who can push the pile on third and short or fourth and short. He had two tries to gain one yard for a TD in the Super Bowl and failed. Notice Arians benched him right after that.

I think after this year, they move on from him. The 2022 draft is deep with RBs and Arians will be able to get a first round talent in the 4th round.

• Mic

Participant

Rojo is getting better every year saw him catch some wheel routes in Bucs highlights with his hands, so I think we see another improvement in rojo.

• ratiffshabang

Participant

This is a pass first and often offense, that is why. When you have Brady, Evans, Godwin, Brown, Miller, Johnson, Gronk and Brate….why would you run more often than we did? Pure speculation on my part, our line seems to have been built upon pass blocking (though Smith, up until late in the season, has struggled). You don’t bring in Brady, to a running offense. Yes the run is very important to set up PA and prevent teams from taking away the pass…but we aren’t going to run it down your throat like the Dungy days. However, complimentary rbs are just fine in our offense

• Boid Fink

Participant

Of course you don’t like RoJo. What was the word you used to describe African Americans again?

Stupid weak cowardly racist.

Effective at being an offensive weapon for the other team maybe? How many times did he catch a short pass in the flat from Brady and turn and fumble it away? He can’t block on passing downs, he can’t catch passes, and he’s not a guy who can push the pile on third and short or fourth and short. He had two tries to gain one yard for a TD in the Super Bowl and failed. Notice Arians benched him right after that.

I think after this year, they move on from him. The 2022 draft is deep with RBs and Arians will be able to get a first round talent in the 4th round.

• Donkey

Participant

Bucs were 3rd in the NFC in total offense with a 43 year old QB that didn’t know the offense or his team all that well and played on a torn ACL. Oh and they only had Antonio Brown for half a season and their starting TE for a game or two. Who gives a crap?

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Of course you don’t like RoJo. What was the word you used to describe African Americans again?

I don’t like him because he sucks as a running back. I like your mom because she sucks my dick real good.

• Ted in Tampa

Participant

Because the Bucs have a terribly weak, slow, and inept left offense tackle. For the past three years, #76, Donovan Smith led the Bucs in sacks allowed and last year he led the entire NFL in penalties, most of Smith’s were for holding and they all seem to happen so that a third and short becomes a third and long. We can’t run wide to our left, when needed Brady can’t scramble to his left, and the only way to keep Smith’s from getting totally overrun is to add a tight end next to Smith to block the one DLine tackle or Edge Rusher that other left tackles take on their own. Watch #76 specifically and you’ll see the ball is snapped and he taps out two seconds into the play.

• Boid Fink

Participant

No you don’t racist. You need reminding of the bullshit you spew, you ham’n’egger? Moron. Being dumb, weak and a racist has got to be tough on you. Loser. Coward. You would never say those things out loud in public. Well…at your rallies you would…

I don’t like him because he sucks as a running back. I like your mom because she sucks my dick real good.

• buc-in-out

Participant

I just read an article by Warren Sharp that explained why our running game sucked.

From weeks 1-14, we ran the ball 61% of the time on first downs, and 55% of the time in the first half. The league average was 55% and 50% respectively.

Weeks 15 until the SB, the Bucs ran the ball only 39% of the time on first downs, gaining on average 8 yards.

Bottom line is our playcalling was WAYYYY TOO predictable. If you’re gonna run the ball that much, why not sprinkle in some PA?

It was only when our playcalling improved, when we started using more pre-snap motion that our running game improved down the stretch.

Our OLine is good enough, we have strong running backs, it was the playcalling early in the season that was poor.

Analytics predicate that passing the ball on first down is the winning formula in today’s NFL.

• Donkey

Participant

After week 10 Bucs averaged 33 points a game which was best in league. Again who cares? This offense scores points.

• TCB2W!

Participant

I just read an article by Warren Sharp that explained why our running game sucked.

From weeks 1-14, we ran the ball 61% of the time on first downs, and 55% of the time in the first half. The league average was 55% and 50% respectively.

Weeks 15 until the SB, the Bucs ran the ball only 39% of the time on first downs, gaining on average 8 yards.

Bottom line is our playcalling was WAYYYY TOO predictable. If you’re gonna run the ball that much, why not sprinkle in some PA?

It was only when our playcalling improved, when we started using more pre-snap motion that our running game improved down the stretch.

Our OLine is good enough, we have strong running backs, it was the playcalling early in the season that was poor.

Analytics predicate that passing the ball on first down is the winning formula in today’s NFL.

Yeah and I am sure Playoff Lenny getting a rush count of 78 to Jones’s 47 has nothing to do with it at all. Lenny looked confident and his vision good. The lower snap count also made Jones more explosive when he went into the game.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

It always cracks me up when the NFL formula nerds get all jacked up on first down runs.

The lack of production has less to do with run blitzes coming on 1st down because we are too predictable and more to do with blocking miscues and runningbacks not picking a hole and running down hill.

When the defense’s front 4 are in the backfield before the handoff that’s the problem.

It’s not like we are getting 0 blitzes every 1st down. And if we were Brady would quickly audible to a better look.

D Smith played better down the stretch but him and Cappa are super susceptible to ok/decent games with a couple of extremely godawful plays.

• buc-in-out

Participant

It always cracks me up when the NFL formula nerds get all jacked up on first down runs.

The lack of production has less to do with run blitzes coming on 1st down because we are too predictable and more to do with blocking miscues and runningbacks not picking a hole and running down hill.

When the defense’s front 4 are in the backfield before the handoff that’s the problem.

It’s not like we are getting 0 blitzes every 1st down. And if we were Brady would quickly audible to a better look.

D Smith played better down the stretch but him and Cappa are super susceptible to ok/decent games with a couple of extremely godawful plays.

Why do you think our run game gets stuffed on first down so much? Because we run the damn ball too much on first down. Everyone knows it..

If we’re going to run it every first down, can we call a play action pass once every 5 plays? Call the play in 12 personnel, it’ll be deadly. We did a bunch of that after the bye, but in the playoffs we got away from it.

If we wanna run on first, let’s dial up some draw plays from shotgun, let’s put 4 wide on the field spread em out and run up the gut, the playcalling was reallllly predictable on first downs.

Being predictable on first down and gaining 2 yards makes us predictable on second and third down as well.

Brady was surgical on third downs in the playoffs, the Packers game how many 3rd and long did we convert?

• Vance

Participant

Sooooo the run game is still awful

• dalbuc

Participant

Reality is we don’t have any really good RBs. I think the more Gio we see and the less Lenny and RoJo the better off we will be because whatever Gio might lose us in the ground game is more, more, more than made up in pass blocking and receiving.

• Charles

Participant

rojo is worthless

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.