Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• MPOG

Participant

I’ve watched every down of Jameis’ college and pro starts.One thing I only started noticing yesterday is how he throws the ball to covered people, because he knows the db doesn't have his head turned.Maybe I've just been oblivious to mediocre qbs trying to do this as well, but it impressed with him and seems like something only the upper echelon qbs are capable of.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s a confident player. He’s not afraid out there. Huge plus. He’s also a hard worker. However we will have to see if the mechanics will get better. He’s a bit slow to my liking. If he could speed things up a bit would be nice. I realize he’s only three games in and things will slow down for him as he plays but my hope is he cleans things up mechanically as he grows.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s actually a good point and the type of throws a lot of upper level QB’s will try.  Sometimes it gets you burnt but in the NFL you have to take your shots when you see the opening.  We all love the backside pass along the sideline which is the same concept.  Winston just has to improve his decision making when making these types of throws and recognize if the DB will have the time to turn around on his throw or not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He also throws to covered people when other people are open…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He did a great job of getting it to the right guy yesterday. Watching Manning last night, the next step for Jameis is going to be using his eyes and the pump fake to help some of the catches be less contested.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He did a great job of getting it to the right guy yesterday. Watching Manning last night, the next step for Jameis is going to be using his eyes and the pump fake to help some of the catches be less contested.

His release is not very quick. The point of the pump fake is to fake that you’re throwing the ball by using the same throwing motion. That would mean his pump fake would take long to develop, then he’d have to reset and go through his release all over again. I’m not sure we have the blocking up front yet for that. He’s got to work on his release.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hes going to be good. The ints and the poor decisions are things that we just have to live with as he is a rookie QB. things that Im personally not ok with it over throwing a 6’5″ receiver on third and short when he is wide open. I hope to never see that again as it should never happen. That being said Evans had an uncharacteristic night. Sure ball placement wasnt perfect for him a lot of times, but Evans is one of the best talents in the league and he should have caught almost off of the passes that he let go of.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That first completion of the game that went to VJ was a thing of beauty…a rainbow over one defender and dropped in before the oncoming defender could make a play.  Muy Bueno

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He also throws to covered people when other people are open...

Nobody is perfect...allegedly

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Welcome to the NFL. What QB doesn't?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

hqdefault.jpgGlennnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooonnnnnnn . . . . . Glennnnnonnnnnnnn!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hes going to be good. The ints and the poor decisions are things that we just have to live with as he is a rookie QB. things that Im personally not ok with it over throwing a 6'5" receiver on third and short when he is wide open. I hope to never see that again as it should never happen. That being said Evans had an uncharacteristic night. Sure ball placement wasnt perfect for him a lot of times, but Evans is one of the best talents in the league and he should have caught almost off of the passes that he let go of.

Even the ones he caught he double clutched a bunch of them. I've been saying it since the AP holder TC. Something isn't right with Evans. Have a feeling there is turmoil in his personal life because he doesn't look like his mind is in the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hes going to be good. The ints and the poor decisions are things that we just have to live with as he is a rookie QB. things that Im personally not ok with it over throwing a 6'5" receiver on third and short when he is wide open. I hope to never see that again as it should never happen. That being said Evans had an uncharacteristic night. Sure ball placement wasnt perfect for him a lot of times, but Evans is one of the best talents in the league and he should have caught almost off of the passes that he let go of.

Even the ones he caught he double clutched a bunch of them. I've been saying it since the AP holder TC. Something isn't right with Evans. Have a feeling there is turmoil in his personal life because he doesn't look like his mind is in the game.

I think it's real simple - he's been out, went home, had family and friends there and basically wanted to impress too hard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

things that Im personally not ok with it over throwing a 6'5" receiver on third and short when he is wide open. I hope to never see that again as it should never happen.

Agree completely. Two weeks in a row he has missed wide open receivers in pivotal TD or 3rd down situations. Hopefully it is just timing/chemistry issue.Yesterday was the first time I've seen him struggle more in the second half instead of the first. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=800&v=GangByocUzo

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=800&v=GangByocUzo

Great stuff. This is something his QB coach needs to reiterate again and again. Thankfully, it's a  problem that can be solved with coaching.

Please wait…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.