Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• BP1

Participant

I wanted to give ST their own thread. They stepped up today. It was a concern during the preseason. Brindza was 4/5 on FG and most KOs went out of the end zone or deep. Schum had only 3 punts, but did well. Coverage was solid. Rainey even had a good game with P/K returns. Good job guys.  :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. It was a solid outing by the Special Teams. Props to them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Totally agree. They were very good today. You forgot the forced miss on the FG (nearly blocked) and the blocked extra-point.Obviously the kicker is a different matter, but I mentioned during preseason that people need to take most special teams in those games with a grain of salt. Small sample sizes, guys who won't even end up on the roster, etc.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Both kickers were excellent. But the return game was average. Not buying Rainey as a return guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You forgot the forced miss on the FG (nearly blocked) and the blocked extra-point.

The blocked PAT was big at that point in the game.  :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The blocked extra point was huge. Good job Gholston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i was a little upset when verner/shepherd didnt appear to make an effort on the punt fumble, but today had to have been the best STs we’ve seen since lovie got here.i also assume that verner/shepherd werent in one that ball because they were taking away the outside, but dang it looked lackluster to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Both kickers were excellent. But the return game was average. Not buying Rainey as a return guy.

Stop being a Debbie Downer, AJ. You said Brees was going to throw 3 TDs today.  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stop being a Debbie Downer, AJ. You said Brees was going to throw 3 TDs today.  ;D

Wrong. I said he might get 3 TD's but not passing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can understand not being sold on Rainey, but 11+ on punts and 37 yards on a kr is above average.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can understand not being sold on Rainey, but 11+ on punts and 37 yards on a kr is above average.

I hear ya man, I just have "Lockett envy"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's definitely not that. But steady I think

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You thought he might get three rushing TDs? OMG, Mr Margarita was working OT last night. LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's definitely not that. But steady I think

I think most teams in the league have Lockett envy, but I'm fine with Rainey's production today. He's not a world beater, but he can break one with some blocking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You thought he might get three rushing TDs? OMG, Mr Margarita was working OT last night. LOL

[Oh man, facepalm]Dont make me come over there, you're only 1 hour away!It was a thread about Brees needing 3 TD's to set some kind of record. I said no way that happens. Not passing TD's anyway. I had faith in my boys in the secondary and the pass rush.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

I wanted to give ST their own thread. They stepped up today. It was a concern during the preseason. Brindza was 4/5 on FG and most KOs went out of the end zone or deep. Schum had only 3 punts, but did well. Coverage was solid. Rainey even had a good game with P/K returns. Good job guys.  :)

I agree. I know the season has just begun, but every time I see Brindza come out and kick, I just wonder what Detroit was thinking, that he was a potential cut. So far, fingers crossed, we've done well at adding both a new Kicker and Punter. I love watching the kick-offs travel through the endzone each time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree. I know the season has just begun, but every time I see Brindza come out and kick, I just wonder what Detroit was thinking, that he was a potential cut. So far, fingers crossed, we've done well at adding both a new Kicker and Punter. I love watching the kick-offs travel through the endzone each time.

Agree with all that. I just wish we had an electric return guy. Maybe someday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought Detroit has a really good kicker.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are in a funk after losing Suh. Even Calvin looks ordinary.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

They are in a funk after losing Suh. Even Calvin looks ordinary.

I agree on all counts. Maybe next season we'll get a decent return guy. I really wanted Lockett, but he was taken before we could even try to get him.[member=7351]BP1[/member] , Yeah, Matt Prater is nothing to sneeze at. He is a great kicker. I still can't understand why Denver cut him loose. (Yeah, he had some off-field issues, but imho, they were minor.)Detroit is probably one of the few teams that doesn't really need to entertain kickers; however, at AJ mentioned, the entire team looks flat this season. Even Johnson has been somewhat lackluster. I'm really surprised the Vikings handled them the way they did. (Granted, division games always can get weird, but I was certain Detroit would win today.)

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.