Viewing 13 reply threads

• Author

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

SR, did you guys ever find out why they changed the helmets appearance in between preseason and the start of tge regular season? They dropped the black stripping all together.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry, couldn’t add more than one attachment from my phone. Above is preseason game 1, and below is from sundays game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s a completely different helmet. The air vents are a different size, the color of the paint has been changed and the molding on the top of the helmet is not the same. It’s clear that these are not the same helmets as preseason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The vents and crown shape are player choice. Not everyone has the same style helmet. Would be interesting to find pics of the same player to compare.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The helmets they are wearing now are just like the helmet Sapp revealed on NFL network back in March or whenever. It's almost like the equipment wasn't ready to go in the preseason and they slapped the new logo and facemask on the old helmet. Those stripes tho......yuck.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No… the helmet Sapp debuted had the stripes on it.Tough to see it in this shot, but the black stripe is visible at the top.0.jpg

Please wait…

• buccjeff

Participant

I think the pre season helmet was more than just the stripe.  I think it was a helmet design difference too as I am pretty sure it was not flush all the way around.here is the pic from the bucs site where the wallpapers areBlackhelmet1024.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

it looked like in the preseason they had airbrushed some black stripes (I don’t even think it is fair to call them stripes), which I think were really there as shading to give the illusion that the front center of the helmet was raised.  New helmets have that raised design, where old ones were completely round.  If I had to guess, the intended effect was to make all the helmets look similar with the same shading design, but in reality, it looked stupid, so they scratched it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t we have much bigger problems to worry about than where the barely noticeable black shading went ?? LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't we have much bigger problems to worry about than where the barely noticeable black shading went ?? LOL

What can I say... besides looking forward to the draft, what other non-depressing topics can I come up with?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't we have much bigger problems to worry about than where the barely noticeable black shading went ?? LOL

What can I say... besides looking forward to the draft, what other non-depressing topics can I come up with?

True .

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

The helmets we are using are 100% not the same helmets that debuted on NFL network. It is really quite funny when you think about it. They made such a big deal out of the unveiling and made the helmet and uniform two separate events, which is not a normal thing, and then they do not even use the helmet that they built up and made such a big deal over. Ridiculous. Pitiful. Par for the course.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Similar to the topic, anyone else get the feeling that the Bucs may be revising their uniforms next season?I say this for 2 reasons: National media complaining about how hard it is to read the numbers during the games.  Even Gene keeps messing up his play by play because of no one can tell who is who.The bigger reason is that you cannot buy any of the premium jerseys from the team or NFL. All they have available are the silk screened $100 jerseys. Seems odd that for a debut season of a new uniform, they would have every option available, regardless of how poorly the team plays.

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

One would hope they plan on making some tweaks. It is very rare for anyone to get a new design perfect on the first attempt. Overall I think the design is full of good ideas. Several of which were just poorly implemented. They do not need to blow the whole look up and start over. They just need to make a few well thought out tweaks and our uniforms can be great. The first change should be making the red socks mandatory with all versions of the uniform! :)

Please wait…

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.