Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Am I the only one that says thanks but no thanks to that?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

If we don’t someone else will.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

That number makes sense for an other team more than us, they have to overpay to lure him away from where he’s comfortable and coming off a championship.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Deserves it. He is an elite linebacker who hasn’t lost a step at all.

Three years, upfront the guarantees and you can trade or release him and not feel as much sting in 2023-24.

• buc_boi

Participant

I agree, signing LVD is paramount. Maybe just as important as Shaq, these players don’t just grow on trees.

Hopefully the Glazers are up for the task.

That $16 mill a year figure might be agent talk, but it is a good idea to front load his contract, same with shaq.

• Roy

Participant

That’s too much. I’m on board with $3 years at about 40 mil with mostly guaranteed, but a way to get out of it in the 3rd year if things go South. Is that wishful thinking? I don’t know, but I don’t want to be on the hook too much for guys when they can’t perform anymore.

• Soul Bro

Participant

I think it’s too much… and I love David. I think this is SR buttering up Lavonte because they go back years.

• Boid Fink

Participant

If all that money comes really early in his deal, it will be easy to sail him off into retirement as an all-time legend with Tampa.

• FsstNfurios

Participant

Paying him 16 per year is crazy when so many guys need huge contracts now and in the next couple seasons. 13 mil is almost too much IMO (still a 3m pay raise). I think Lavonte is still a stud, but I def think he lost a step from his former self. Less splash plays and when trying to chase down guys after they get the sideline and turn up field he does look a little old. His football IQ and instincts make up for a lot tho.

• JC5100

Participant

Spotrac says 3 years, $38M. Give him a $21M signing bonus and guarantee 2022 $7M base salary. Make his 2021 base salary $2M.

Cap hits
      2021- $9M
      2022- $14M
      2023- $15M

If he turns down $30M guaranteed first 2 years of the deal then let him walk.

• Biggs3535

Participant

SR overpaid, just like whoever he paid for this shitty message board.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.