Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 reply threads

• Author

• 3rd and Hump

Participant

The first time I posted this it got deleted, let me try again…

December 8th Fab5:

“With four games remaining I believe the Bucs have to win at least two of them in order for Koetter to have any chance of returning as head coach next year.”

December 15th Fab5:

“Yes, the end is near for Dirk Koetter and this coaching staff. Based on what I know, I don’t see any way the Bucs don’t clean house on the coaching side after the end of a disappointing season that was once filled with such promise and high expectations for a playoff berth.”

Why are you backing off these statements, especially since the Bucs haven’t won a single game since either of these articles were written? I don’t care how close the losses are, Koetter clearly doesn’t know how to win in the NFL, and the Bucs haven’t beaten a good team all year.

Did you receive new information that Dirk won’t be fired? Or are you just trying to play both sides so you can take credit either way? (“Pewter Report was the first to report Gruden to the Bucs” or “We reported on 12/29 that Dirk might be safe”).

Could you go on record with what % chance you give Gruden returning to the Bucs?

• welzboy409

Participant

bc he sucks at his job and cant find anything to write about

• freddy

Participant

If he makes all possible predictions, then he can come back and say I told you so.

• warrenfb12

Participant

Hey man like halfway through the season SR said Koetter needs to go 9-7 to stay. That’s brutal.

• Capt Kidd

Participant

The Times just announced that Koetter met with Glazers this afternoon and will be back for 2018.

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

SR, I am fan but you’ve got a long road back with some of your fans … and I can’t wait to see how things go for PR at next year’s press conferences. Will Koetter even take your questions after you campaigned AGAINST him?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who cares. Koetter sucks. Can’t win.

• Pennywise

Participant

Blame injuries
      Glazers are tired of writing checks to coaches not to coach

• Anonymous

Inactive

Then they should hire real coaches. Not dinosaurs, Schianos, and Raheem’s.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

@boidfink

Then they should hire real coaches. Not dinosaurs, Schianos, and Raheem’s.

Define “real coaches”. Because apparently retreads (a-la Gruden), and new coaches (a-la Schiano and Morris), don’t qualify.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Okay, guys who have NFL head coaching experience. Not a secondary coach who can’t wipe hosnbutt correctly. Nor Greggles who was “what Tampa needed to win”, a bully, cho-mo supporting first time college buster of a coach who crashes victory formations like an idiot, nor “Don’t Curse and get Hype Edell!” Smith who looked like he was suffering early stage dementia as a coach with his team quitting on him as well, Lovie was a boring dinosaur with no offensive skill, and wasn’t equipped with enough star defenders to win.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We have Dirk. A real proven winner. A bonafide sensation!

One day, this team will win a game outright.

• Anonymous

Inactive

SR on tilt?

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Cant wait for the article of concession from PR.
      I am guessing something along the lines of….

Well. it was Gruden all along, but he demanded Joel’s parking spot, so that is where it all went south. But he was coming, dont doubt our sources.

The sad part is, these cats are starting to make JoeBucIdiots look legit. And I never thought I would say that in a million years.

• Bucpride5

Participant

All these guys are fed info from agents, former league personnel and other media. I’m pretty sure none of the media reporting the Gruden stuff has a source with the name Glazer in it.

PR will be rooting hard against the Bucs in 2018 to say “told you so”

2016, can’t be worse than Lovie’s first year, right…

• El Diablo

Participant

I know someone on gruden’s old staff that was contacted by him. This may have just been him deciding to stay with espn or a ploy for him to get a raise. Not shotty reporting shit just happens. SR isn’t the reason I don’t like coming on this board it’s the jackass members of the board.

• jerseybucsfan

Participant

Well said El Diablo

• The Anti-Java

Participant

El Diablo
      Dec 30, 17 at 2:57 pm #1051835
      I know someone on gruden’s old staff that was contacted by him. This may have just been him deciding to stay with espn or a ploy for him to get a raise. Not shotty reporting shit just happens. SR isn’t the reason I don’t like coming on this board it’s the jackass members of the board.
      ==================

IDK man, that theory has a lot of holes. The 4 letter network is taking on water big time. All the talent is fleeing to Fox Sports and other places. They paid too much money for the TV rights. So I cant see Chucky bucking for a raise, if anything they might ask him to take a cut.
      So I think that is why he may be exploring options. I could see him on the Giants sideline.

• El Diablo

Participant

Good point with espn but i don’t think disney is hurting for money. Gruden is probably their best guy. I love watching him myself.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

I can’t wait for the next presser and the look on Koetter’s face when SR asks him a question.

“Great question, Scott. Shocked you were able to remove your lips from Gruden’s ass long enough to ask it. Next question”.

• Naismith

Participant

To answer the question asked in the thread, it’s because he’s FOS and will eventually say something along the lines of, “I was told what really went down and it’s an amazing story that I’ll write about some other time.” The most recent Fab 5 was an embarrassment.

• The Anti-Java

Participant

El Diablo
      Dec 30, 17 at 4:12 pm #1051849
      Good point with espn but i don’t think disney is hurting for money. Gruden is probably their best guy. I love watching him myself.

=====================

ESPN Can’t Afford to Go On Like This – Bloomberg

Apr 28, 2017 –
      ESPN, which laid off 100 people this week, has a multitude of problems, but the basic one is this: It pays too much for content and costs too much for consumers. That didn’t used to matter because, thanks to the way the cable industry “bundled” channels, cable customers were forced to pay for it even if they …

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017…/espn-can-t-afford-to-go-on-like-this

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.