Viewing 27 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

You buying Lovie’s comment about Glennon or do we grab Carr or Murray or some other guy?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

sorry, I have been accessing the message board only and from my phone, so I did not see MC’s article on this.  I guess we will all see soon enough

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder what “future” means?  1 year?  1 day?  Could be Bortles was their guy and now that he’s gone, they’ve got their eye on someone in the 2015 draft or FA?  For Glennon's sake, if his long term future is not here, I hope Lovie gets HIS qb tonight and trades Mike G. this weekend.  I can't see it helping the Bucs or Mike G. if he's a  one year backup in the wrong system. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hard to say. I take everything with a grain of salt this time of year, but SR and I both looked at each other with a “Jim from The Office” facial expression during the press conference when Lovie said it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hard to say. I take everything with a grain of salt this time of year, but SR and I both looked at each other with a "Jim from The Office" facial expression during the press conference when Lovie said it.

Jim-Halpert-786091-1-300x168.png

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hard to say. I take everything with a grain of salt this time of year, but SR and I both looked at each other with a "Jim from The Office" facial expression during the press conference when Lovie said it.

LOL Well done. I think the proof will be in the drafting today. Unless we trade down into the fourth. But Glennon's numbers, TD/int ratio, was damn good for a rookie thrown into the mix in odd circumstances. He's smart, a grinder and still learning. He may BE the future QB here. But.......if the Buccaneers really feel that way, why stunt his growth by benching him now? I realize McCown is better now but the future? I suppose this is about winning right NOW!Not a bad thing. More will be revealed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

disgusting!!!!"This qb situation is as strong as any i've been around"....LovieAre you kidding me?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has flip flopped on a lot of issues but if there’s sincerity in what he says there’s a problem at OBP.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have any of the message board posters been around McCown and Glennon, as well as the visiting draftee QB’s, as much as Coach Lovie Smith this off-season? I’m not sure I’m going to panic until the draft plays out and we see how the roster gels this summer.I'm definitely don't think Lovie's quality of being free from pretense, deceit, or hypocrisy is a problem at OBP.You know? I almost forgot..........this is the draft and the amateur GM's are running wild! LOL It is fun though. And doesn't almost everyone agree our Buccaneers are going to be much better this year? A good thing?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has flip flopped on a lot of issues but if there's sincerity in what he says there's a problem at OBP.

Flip flopped? He's done a great job of not letting anyone know what he's actually thinking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garv; +1. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s coachspeak, nothing more, nothing less.  Almost every coach will show public support of a player on their team, until they’re not on the team anymore.  That could be tonight for all we know.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has flip flopped on a lot of issues but if there's sincerity in what he says there's a problem at OBP.

yepper

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol at Hate!!!! 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's coachspeak, nothing more, nothing less.  Almost every coach will show public support of a player on their team, until they're not on the team anymore.  That could be tonight for all we know.

to me coach speak is when you are evasive or say what everyone wants to hear.  I don't think this was the case at all.  This was "damage" control for angering Buc fans that felt that Manziel should have been picked.  From my understanding( I wasn't there) I heard there were Boos when the Evans pick was made at the draft party. Lovie in attempt to quell the angst came out with the statement that the Bucs never seriously considered Manziel.  All I can say is he better hope Manziel is an abysmal failure. I like Lovie, but that was definitely a Faux pas to make not only an ambiguous statement concerning Glennon but also the unnecessary remarks about Manziel.If the Bucs win a lot and have a dominating and exciting offense all will be forgotten.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I bet they are relieved

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wasn’t sure Lovie was telling the truth until the draft played out all the way. They totally bypassed on QB that were free falling, and (reportedly) passed on offers to get something for Glennon. To me that means that they were caught flat footed in a number of spots and missed out on what they wanted (which I doubt), or are telling some majority-truth about how they see the QB position this year.Best guess, they were truly happy with Glennon during mini camp and interceding time period... enough so they think he can be coached into an acceptable option, at least in the near term. They probably feel like they can make due with him and McCown this year.Remember next year's draft is supposed to be loaded at QB. Worst case, McCown can't cut it, Glennon doesn't show any capacity to run the offense, and they pick up someone (likely on a short list they're already monitoring) they feel is the right choice. I'm pretty confident saying they didn't feel rushed into taking a QB they thought was a reach/couldn't out-value a high end position player at the top of the draft (Evans, ASJ).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am excited to see Mike developed under consistent and good coaching, as well as having great talent around him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let’s just see what happens. The kid was brought into a train wreck last season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wasn't sure Lovie was telling the truth until the draft played out all the way. They totally bypassed on QB that were free falling, and (reportedly) passed on offers to get something for Glennon. To me that means that they were caught flat footed in a number of spots and missed out on what they wanted (which I doubt), or are telling some majority-truth about how they see the QB position this year.Best guess, they were truly happy with Glennon during mini camp and interceding time period... enough so they think he can be coached into an acceptable option, at least in the near term. They probably feel like they can make due with him and McCown this year.Remember next year's draft is supposed to be loaded at QB. Worst case, McCown can't cut it, Glennon doesn't show any capacity to run the offense, and they pick up someone (likely on a short list they're already monitoring) they feel is the right choice. I'm pretty confident saying they didn't feel rushed into taking a QB they thought was a reach/couldn't out-value a high end position player at the top of the draft (Evans, ASJ).

Agreed. Glennons  "Future" could be just one year, but with Mccown starting in front of him and the way he played as a rookie, he deserves a look. The Bucs will get to coach him and get a good look at him this year. If they then think he is not the answer, they  can then go after one of the stud Qbs next year. Much better option then rushing into one of this questionable  group of Qbs this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol at Hate!!!!

how would you characterize our QB situation?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If were all being honest – hopes are currently being placed on a career journeymen back-up who until last season showed very little in terms of ever being anything more then a  spot starter –  And, a  second year player who started 13 games but had mixed results – but who showed enough that the team feels confident that the new coaches can mold him in to a solid starter and whose ceiling is higher than what was offered via the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If were all being honest - hopes are currently being placed on a career journeymen back-up who until last season showed very little in terms of ever being anything more then a  spot starter -  And, a  second year player who started 13 games but had mixed results - but who showed enough that the team feels confident that the new coaches can mold him in to a solid starter and whose ceiling is higher than what was offered via the draft.

I agree 100% Yuccs, especially  this    but who showed enough that the team feels confident that the new coaches can mold him in to a solid starter and whose ceiling is higher than what was offered via the draft."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If were all being honest - hopes are currently being placed on a career journeymen back-up who until last season showed very little in terms of ever being anything more then a  spot starter -  And, a  second year player who started 13 games but had mixed results - but who showed enough that the team feels confident that the new coaches can mold him in to a solid starter and whose ceiling is higher than what was offered via the draft.

I agree 100% Yuccs, especially  this    but who showed enough that the team feels confident that the new coaches can mold him in to a solid starter and whose ceiling is higher than what was offered via the draft."

I've been a huge Glennon fan and believe he can be more than good enough to win as the QB of a defensive, run oriented team.  However, I'm not so sure Lovie thinks so.  Is it possible that Lovie wants to go with Josh 1 year, Glennon for a year (maybe longer if making the playoffs),  THEN draft your own guy, thus giving the HC a job for at least two additional years, while the new QB develops?  That's 4 years minimum for a HC to keep a job with a mediocre team.  I know Lovie wants to win.  Winning is the way to keep your job for 10 years, but,  it's evident to me that HC's construct contingency plans to stay employed with an 8-8 team for as long as possible.  If Lovie had drafted his own guy now, he wouldn't have 4 years with an average team before being fired.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sweep: +1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol at Hate!!!!

how would you characterize our QB situation?

Stable with potential.  Do I think Mike is a pro bowl caliber player?  Honestly, I do not.  Do I think he can be solid player who can maybe lead us to the big dance?  Yes, I do.  Worst case scenario is we end up drafting a qb next year in a class I believe is much better than this year's class. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As long as Glennon never leaves the pocket he will be ok.  As the bucs go retro with Glennon perhaps all this new fangled stuff about QB’s being mobile is a passing fad.  The “horror” show starts when defenses force Glennon out of the pocket.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not a huge Glennon fan, but the kid played pretty well for a rookie. And I don’t think the Bucs got caught flat footed – they passed on Bridgewater and Manziel and didn’t even bother trading up at the end of the 1 for Bridgewater (or earlier for Manziel). That clearly tells you what they thought of them.Regarding the non-1st round QBs, I'd take Glennon over any of them. Glennon's showed he can play in the NFL, all those post-1st round QBs have nothing but questions. 

Please wait…

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.