SR’s FAB 5 – 11-15: SCHIANO’S POSITIVE CHANGE, DAVID IS A LEADER, REVIS DOMINANT

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Scott Reynolds
    Keymaster

What positive changes have the players seen from Bucs head coach Greg Schiano? What made the team rally around him? Why is Lavonte David emerging as a leader on defense? Why is the best yet to come from CB Darrelle Revis? Get the answers and more inside scoop on the Bucs in SR’s Fab 5.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=9418:&Itemid=15

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

SR – Solid read – and I as I stated on the radio last week – one of the reasons why I have been a long time supporter of PewterReport. Your objectivity even when it might not be the most popular opinion is still based on thoroughness and factual information. I am still a believer that the team has a chance to finish strong – even possibly with the same record that they had at the end of last season. A more realistic mindset or line of thinking would be 5-11 or 6-10. I feel like if the teams gets to five wins and based on all the facts that are coming out and the players still playing hard for Schaino. He will remain as the head coach – like you I could see changes to the staff however.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

SR- an amazing flip flop; are you running for a political office?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

wowThat was my thought when I read ina Fab 5 that the first Glennon game plan was designed to make Freeman look bad. That was also my thought just now, reading this Fab 5. Kudos SR, kudos for laying it all out there when the facts told you Freeman was wronged and Schiano was to blame and kudos to you now for reversing field when the facts seem to tell a different story. I loved reading your work even when I thought you guys were unfair to Schiano, love you even more now. Classy stuff.Now here's the thing about Schiano. Of course, I always want the Bucs to win, but if we are being honest they dont win that much . .  or at least they haven't over their entire history. Every year though, win or lose, there are stories within the season. Stories of failure and success, human stories of struggles. Schiano is one of this year's stories. He may be this year's biggest story.  I still dont think Schiano has what it takes to be a great coach in the NFL, and for that he might very rightfully lose his job, but its hard to not have some measure of admiration for the man, especially looking at him now, after the Freeman storm has passed. He may not have the right defense, he may be too conservative, his game time decision making may be a little weak, . . . in short, he may not be an NFL coach . . . but the more I read the more I see a guy who is a good coach from the player's perspective. He took a lot of **CENSORED** for his team, **CENSORED** of someone else's making, and for that he has my respect . . . even as he may be walking out the door.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

There is also a great interview with Rock Riley that Schiano did this past week, I would recommend everyone to watch it. I feel that he seemed such a brittle person in the beginning because these players needed more of a discipline and structured coach. Schiano went overboard for a reason with this because this team needed to see how to compose themselves at every facet of the game as far as practice, trusting in one another, and believing in themselves as individuals. I feel now we are seeing the real Schiano who would go to the ends of the earth for his players and I think that does wonders for moral of a football team. That’s why these players keep going hard for Schaino because they see he would do the same for them. If this team continues to show improvement I really think a new coach would be chaotic for this team. Something that fails to get brought up enough in my opinion is how Schiano progresses young players when he drafts them. After two drafts he has put some great talent together. Spence to me is one of the biggest success stories for Schiano after watching Monday night Spence seems to always get penetration in the backfield. Hence the 5th rushing defense in the NFL. Its easy to get discouraged when we go 0-8 and I was even frustrated with Schiano but if you watch the games these players are as a tight knit group as I have ever seen similar to when Dungy was here. Its very ironic in my perspective when you think about where we are in conjunction to when Sam Wyche was here, except Raheem is the current day Wyche. (not as bad)  Sapp during his hall of fame relentless video had the famous saying when Dungy was hired, "structure was born." Now Schiano is not Dungy yet, but I truly feel that this team with him at the helm could start to see kind of the same attributes as Dungy's teams had in the past. The one small difference between Dungy's teams and Gruden's team I saw was the team camaraderie as a whole. This team has that feel and maybe we can get on a roll and see some good improvements along the way. SR, thanks for the read, truly a great article and I felt that all way ever since Josh was drafted. There is just something missing with Freeman, I still can't put my finger on it but something has never been right with him. Thank God the bucs didn't get cap-strapped with a new 5 or 6 year deal with him. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior and just imagine how Schiano felt when all this aspired to have this hugely talented quarterback just not give his all for the team but ultimately himself. Josh did himself no favors by the way he conducted himself, and its a shame that his camp went after Schiano and tried to pin the leaks on him. I for one am excited we have washed or hands of him, and am ready to see if Schiano can get something rolling. Patience could be a virtue with this team.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

wowThat was my thought when I read ina Fab 5 that the first Glennon game plan was designed to make Freeman look bad. That was also my thought just now, reading this Fab 5. Kudos SR, kudos for laying it all out there when the facts told you Freeman was wronged and Schiano was to blame and kudos to you now for reversing field when the facts seem to tell a different story. I loved reading your work even when I thought you guys were unfair to Schiano, love you even more now. Classy stuff.Now here's the thing about Schiano. Of course, I always want the Bucs to win, but if we are being honest they dont win that much . .  or at least they haven't over their entire history. Every year though, win or lose, there are stories within the season. Stories of failure and success, human stories of struggles. Schiano is one of this year's stories. He may be this year's biggest story.  I still dont think Schiano has what it takes to be a great coach in the NFL, and for that he might very rightfully lose his job, but its hard to not have some measure of admiration for the man, especially looking at him now, after the Freeman storm has passed. He may not have the right defense, he may be too conservative, his game time decision making may be a little weak, . . . in short, he may not be an NFL coach . . . but the more I read the more I see a guy who is a good coach from the player's perspective. He took a lot of **CENSORED** for his team, **CENSORED** of someone else's making, and for that he has my respect . . . even as he may be walking out the door.

I couldn't agree more Vince!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

when you think about where we are in conjunction to when Sam Wyche was here, except Raheem is the current day WycheNo.  Raheem is not Wyche.  Rah couldn't lick his jock.  Wyche is the man that brought in the talent that Dungy inherited.  Schiano is more like Wyche.  He has brought in some studs.  Very unlikely he will be here to develop them.  Maybe like Wyche and McKay, Dom will try and take the credit for the recent drafts (though anyone with any objectivity can see Dom couldn't spot talent with the Hubble telescope).  But Raheem should not be mentioned in the same sentence with any mature aduylt, let alone professional head coaches.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

when you think about where we are in conjunction to when Sam Wyche was here, except Raheem is the current day WycheNo.  Raheem is not Wyche.  Rah couldn't lick his jock.  Wyche is the man that brought in the talent that Dungy inherited.  Schiano is more like Wyche.  He has brought in some studs.  Very unlikely he will be here to develop them.  Maybe like Wyche and McKay, Dom will try and take the credit for the recent drafts (though anyone with any objectivity can see Dom couldn't spot talent with the Hubble telescope).  But Raheem should not be mentioned in the same sentence with any mature aduylt, let alone professional head coaches.

True, Raheem was more like Richard Wiliamson.  Schiano may end up being the "Sam Wyche" with the additions of David, Martin, Barron and the return of some organization to the team

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.