Viewing 88 reply threads

• Author

• Scott Reynolds

Keymaster

What kind of a role did Hardy Nickerson play in the Bucs’ turnaround? Does Nickerson belong in the Bucs’ Ring of Honor? How does Tampa Bay’s competition at RB stack up? How should the late Bucs owner Malcolm Glazer be remembered? Get the answers, more insight and read about the development of the new PewterReport.com website in this edition of SR’s Fab 5.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9838

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seems like you guys are always developing a new PR site every couple years. Try to get it right this time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seems like you guys are always developing a new PR site every couple years. Try to get it right this time.

lol, yeah because you're not getting your $'s worth!

Please wait…

• vlagatta

what kind of role?  he was our FIRST Free Agent, and he started the entire turn-around.Love the guy, love what he did for us.  He brought attitude, and he coached up the young bucs.Does he belong in the Ring Of Honor.  NO!!  I am sorry to say, his spitting incidents (TWICE) will always be that little *asterisk next to his name for me, when it comes to class.  You have to have both to be in the ring.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what kind of role?  he was our FIRST Free Agent, and he started the entire turn-around.Love the guy, love what he did for us.  He brought attitude, and he coached up the young bucs.Does he belong in the Ring Of Honor.  NO!!  I am sorry to say, his spitting incidents (TWICE) will always be that little *asterisk next to his name for me, when it comes to class.  You have to have both to be in the ring.

Then why is 99 in the ring...certainly he is not synonymous with the word class.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Then why is 99 in the ring...certainly he is not synonymous with the word class.

spitting is a whole nother rehlm.  Did I really have to explain that to you?  ouch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nickerson was awesome. He absolutely needs to be in the Ring of Honor, though I have no issue with players having to wait. I agree with the Fab 5 about how Hardy doesn’t seem to receive the credit he deserves for his impact on turning this franchise around.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nickerson was awesome. He absolutely needs to be in the Ring of Honor, though I have no issue with players having to wait. I agree with the Fab 5 about how Hardy doesn't seem to receive the credit he deserves for his impact on turning this franchise around.

I wonder if the part in bold is an indication that the Bucs have a lot of 1997 and on fans? People who jumped on when the Bucs were turned around?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hope your right about our offense. It’d be a welcome change for sure. Top 15 offense and top ten defense we have a great shot at the playoffs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A good history lesson on Nickerson for us newer Buc fans. Thanks, SR!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Says who?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's really a shame that there isn't a greater knowledge of Nickerson among many Bucs fans.  He certainly deserves a spot on the ROH.  I truly wish he didn't chase that final big payday, and the Bucs could have resigned him.  Had he remained, I honestly think he would have been an HOFer. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ohh stick a sock in it pantywaist.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bunch'a d!cks on this board. Wow. ::)

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Says who?

Says most thinking adults who understand the game.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Odds are you were not even alive when it happened. Please find the kiddie board and post there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Says who?

Says most thinking adults who understand the game.

The ROH belongs to the Glazers....and they put in whoever they want. I've never heard their criteria for induction. Perhaps you can provide a link?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

buccaneer’s website on ROH:One note: There is no written list of rules for the selection procedure, which ultimately lies in the hands of team ownership. There has been one person inducted into the Hall every season since Lee Roy Selmon became the inaugural member in 2009. That does not rule out the possibility, however, that the team could choose to induct two people in the same year, or none at all. There also is no set number of years a person has to be removed from his playing, coaching or administrating days with the team, if at all. By advancing from Selmon to John McKay to Jimmie Giles to Paul Gruber to Sapp to Brooks, the team has chosen its Ring members in rough chronological fashion, in terms of team history, but they've skipped some strong candidates along the way. If the Ring is to continue welcoming new members, the process will almost have to double back on the franchise's timeline at some point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What are you talking about? Every couple years? And thanks for telling is to try and get it right, we wouldn't have known to try that. Bad post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Odds are you were not even alive when it happened. Please find the kiddie board and post there.

Fella.. I was a Junior in college when Nickerson was signed as a Buccaneer. Like I said.. stick a sock in it sport.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Fella.. I was a Junior in college when Nickerson was signed as a Buccaneer. Like I said.. stick a sock in it sport.

I already told you two that it wont happen, and why.  You two can cry all you want, it 'aint happening. Rob Johnson has a better shot.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I've seen enough of your comments here to advise you to seek an attorney and consider suing your college for Services Not Rendered.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nickerson should be an eventual member of the ROH.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Not Once….. TWICENFL fines Nickerson for spitting Published: Thursday, October 22, 1998   TAMPA, Fla. - Tampa Bay linebacker Hardy Nickerson was fined $7,500 Wednesday by the NFL for spitting on Carolina fullback William Floyd a second time.The players shoved one another and exchanged words during the third quarter of the Buccaneers' 16-13 victory Sunday. Nickerson was penalized 15 yards.After originally saying he didn't spit intentionally on Floyd, the Bucs All-Pro selection apologized Monday.Floyd also was spit on by Nickerson last season while Floyd was playing for the San Francisco 49ers.Nickerson confirmed on Wednesday that he had spoken with Gene Washington, the league's director of football development, and been fined.spitting is about as chump and classless as it gets.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did Sapp exude class?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I already told you two that it wont happen, and why.  You two can cry all you want, it 'aint happening. Rob Johnson has a better shot.

Again, you don't know anything, it's that simple.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What are you talking about? Every couple years? And thanks for telling is to try and get it right, we wouldn't have known to try that. Bad post.

I do have one suggestion. It would be better to install a new site earlier in the year in order to get the bugs worked out before TC and the games begin.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did Sapp exude class?

He exuded ass kicking!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be surprised if the Glazers ever selected Nickerson. If the Glazers were not the selectors, then he would have a chance.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My personal 6 most impactful moments in the Bucs rise to relevance in Tampa.    1)  Nickerson signing in ’93.  It changed everything..!  Changed the defensive demeanor in a big way, made the games worth watching, and his established leadership made Dungys’ job much easier than it might have otherwise been.      2)  Malcolm Glazer buying the Bucs in Jan ’95 after Culverhouse passed.    3)  Bucs publicly declaring a major shift of Draft Philosophy in ’95, going for production-over-potential, culminating in the Sapp-Brooks 1st rd haul, & Abraham in the 5th.      4)  Dungy hiring in ’96 led to team stability, the Tampa 2, and players wanting to come to Tampa.    5)  Passage of the Community Investment Tax for the new stadium in ’96 allows the team to remain in Tampa.    5)  Gruden hiring leads to a makeover of the neglected Offense and the Lombardi Trophy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be surprised if the Glazers ever selected Nickerson. If the Glazers were not the selectors, then he would have a chance.

His being on the staff now may make the difference.  I hope so.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nickerson was awesome. He absolutely needs to be in the Ring of Honor, though I have no issue with players having to wait. I agree with the Fab 5 about how Hardy doesn't seem to receive the credit he deserves for his impact on turning this franchise around.

I wonder if the part in bold is an indication that the Bucs have a lot of 1997 and on fans? People who jumped on when the Bucs were turned around?

Most assuredly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why would the Glazers not want him in the ROH?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's really a shame that there isn't a greater knowledge of Nickerson among many Bucs fans.  He certainly deserves a spot on the ROH.  I truly wish he didn't chase that final big payday, and the Bucs could have resigned him.  Had he remained, I honestly think he would have been an HOFer.

He didn't just chase a final payday he came to us chasing a payday. I love Hardy to death but he was the ultimate mercenary. I can root for the guy, think he was great but he was a rental all the way. Guy's like that really don't belong in any teams individual rings of honor even if they were great while they were with the team in question. Doesn't diminish the player one bit in the world.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He didn't just chase a final payday he came to us chasing a payday. I love Hardy to death but he was the ultimate mercenary. I can root for the guy, think he was great but he was a rental all the way. Guy's like that really don't belong in any teams individual rings of honor even if they were great while they were with the team in question. Doesn't diminish the player one bit in the world.

How have you been since the stroke?Do you mind if I asked you what your symptoms were before you had it?  I have had a friend who has had a stroke before, he came away relatively unscathed...thank goodness.  I hope you did as well.Now you can go back to hating on me.  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't fault him one bit for chasing a payday.  It is his right to pursue his greatest enrichment.  He also knew that the Buccaneers of that era viewed the players as rentals and prefers to part ways with them too soon rather than too early.  Nickerson realized that his "replacement" was already on the roster, and the Buccaneers were not going to be competitive in terms of money to resign him.  Sapp explains his conversation with Nickerson right after the 99 championship game, where he says as much.  Nickerson's leaving was a short term financial gain for him, but I believe a long term loss for his legacy.I do not for a second, however debate his belonging in the ROH.  That's just my opinion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In 1992, Nickerson was the lowest-paid starting linebacker in the NFL with a salary of $200,000 and he resented that situation in PittsburghThat is amazing. And people are knocking him for chasing the green?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was the match that lit our fire.I hope he does make it into the ring. Bar None should have kept his mouth shut.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was the match that lit our fire. Bar None should have kept his mouth shut.

This made me laugh, thanks.  I forgot about that "title"...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many guys do you put in the ring of honor? How many jerseys do you retire? When does it become watered down?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many guys do you put in the ring of honor? How many jerseys do you retire? When does it become watered down?

I don't believe putting Nickerson in the ROH waters it down a bit.  I would not, and I don't believe anyone is, advocate retiring his jersey. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It becomes watered down when you put average players in like say.....Ricky Bell. For me, it should be reserved for special players.....the Ronde Barber, Mike Alstott, Hardy Nickerson types.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It becomes watered down when you put average players in like say.....Ricky Bell. For me, it should be reserved for special players.....the Ronde Barber, Mike Alstott, Hardy Nickerson types.

Bell average??? Oh my. I am not sure we can continue to be friends.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I've suggested in the past you were a kid, because of some of the things you have said.  Now, I am certain of it.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Being candid, this is who I would like to see join Brooks, McKay, Selmon, Giles, Gruber & Sapp …and in this order:  Tony Dungy, Malcolm Glazer, John Lynch, Gene Deckerhoff (after them, Garo Yepremian )

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

haha....average, at best. Prove me wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've suggested in the past you were a kid, because of some of the things you have said.  Now, I am certain of it.

Under which alias did you make this ridiculous suggestion?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

yep, another stat monkey

Please wait…

• vlagatta

It happened two days ago, under this, my only name here.  Are you a drinker?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

What some of you are failing to see, is that the ROH is not only about men who excelled on the field, but who were also men of character as well who lead other men.  I guarantee you this is the Glaziers criteria. That is why some of you don’t understand why Hardy should NOT make it (for spitting twice) and a guy like Ricky Bell should.  A lot of you are Ham & Eggers, and you’re only looking at stats.  Typically that’s because you were not around back then, so you have no first hand idea of how many of our past players contributed what they did.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It happened two days ago, under this, my only name here.  Are you a drinker?

nah.....just one that obviously pays very lil attention to your posts. What is it that actually fascinated you about Bell? Did his early demise tug at your heartstrings?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What some of you are failing to see, is that the ROH is not only about men who excelled on the field, but who were also men of character as well who lead other men.  I guarantee you this is the Glaziers criteria. That is why some of you don't understand why Hardy should NOT make it (for spitting twice) and a guy like Ricky Bell should.  A lot of you are Ham & Eggers, and you're only looking at stats.  Typically that's because you were not around back then, so you have no first hand idea of how many of our past players contributed what they did.

I am about as old school as they come, and I disagree with you.  Your "guarantee" is based on what exactly?And if two minor incidents with the same player is all you have to decry Nickerson's character, I would suggest letting go a bit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What some of you are failing to see, is that the ROH is not only about men who excelled on the field, but who were also men of character as well who lead other men.  I guarantee you this is the Glaziers criteria. That is why some of you don't understand why Hardy should NOT make it (for spitting twice) and a guy like Ricky Bell should.  A lot of you are Ham & Eggers, and you're only looking at stats.  Typically that's because you were not around back then, so you have no first hand idea of how many of our past players contributed what they did.

Why would you continue to press the "men of character" button when Sapp has none...SMH

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I am about as old school as they come, and I disagree with you.  Your "guarantee" is based on what exactly?And if two minor incidents with the same player is all you have to decry Nickerson's character, I would suggest letting go a bit.

Spitting in a mans face...twice..... during a sporting event is "minor" to you?  Good luck with the kids.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Why would you continue to press the "men of character" button when Sapp has none...SMH

Because I'm right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because I'm right.

You can't even spell the team owner's last name right.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

sure I did...

Being candid, this is who I would like to see join Brooks, McKay, Selmon, Giles, Gruber & Sapp ...and in this order:  Tony Dungy, Malcolm Glazer, John Lynch, Gene Deckerhoff (after them, Garo Yepremian )

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Give me a break. You literally know NOTHING about what they will do regarding the ROH in regards to #56.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because I'm right.

I am laughing at this one.  Good point....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spitting in a mans face...twice..... during a sporting event is "minor" to you?  Good luck with the kids.

William Floyd was not a gentleman, rather a loudmouth punk.  The fact that the incident happened with the same player, and knowing Nickerson, It tells me more about Floyd than anything else.  And yes, I do consider that act fairly minor in the scheme of things and considering the arena that it occurred.  It isn't something to be proud of, but hardly merits the stigma you attach to it.  If you are as clued in on NFL history, as you claim to be, then you know that this is hardly one of the most vile things done on an NFL field.  Hardy's most egregious sin was that it was caught on tape.By the way, very classy, to attack someone you do not know and their parenting based on an inane message board conversation.  THAT is a true sign of character....

Please wait…

• vlagatta

William Floyd was not a gentleman, rather a loudmouth punk.  The fact that the incident happened with the same player, and knowing Nickerson, It tells me more about Floyd than anything else.  And yes, I do consider that act fairly minor in the scheme of things and considering the arena that it occurred.  It isn't something to be proud of, but hardly merits the stigma you attach to it.  If you are as clued in on NFL history, as you claim to be, then you know that this is hardly one of the most vile things done on an NFL field.  Hardy's most egregious sin was that it was caught on tape.By the way, very classy, to attack someone you do not know and their parenting based on an inane message board conversation.  THAT is a true sign of character....

When exactly did "Good luck with the kids" become "attacking someone's parenting"?  You're outraged by that, but not spitting?  interesting.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Putting this conversation back on track, and for the record….Being candid, this is who I would like to see join Brooks, McKay, Selmon, Giles, Gruber & Sapp ...and in this order:  Tony Dungy, Malcolm Glazer, John Lynch, Gene Deckerhoff

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well NFL career-wise yes average. Talent-wise? Above average. Imagine what he might have accomplished had he not gotten sick. Jeff Pearlman's amazing feature story points out that he may have been ill long before the trade to the Chargers. And here is a guy who ran for 1,263 yards in 1979 when the opposing defenses knew what was coming. The Bucs only threw for 2,600 yards the whole season. It was toss left, toss right, fullback up the middle. Doug completed just over 48% of his passes. Talk about predictable offense. Whoever called the offense in 1979 made Mike Shula look like Mike Martz. Bell was a beast. Tough as hell, strong and a huge heart. Above average in my book.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Lest we not forget, we could have drafted Tony Dorsett rather than Ricky.  We all know how Tony did.  I always remember that being a point of contention with a lot of Bucs fans back in the day, but it should not diminish what Ricky did, and who he was.  He was also very much a team leader.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When exactly did "Good luck with the kids" become "attacking someone's parenting"?  You're outraged by that, but not spitting?  interesting.

I am outraged by neither the spitting, nor your antics- just amused that self-proclaimed champion of "character" is so quick to stoop so low, so quickly.By the way, where do back up your " guarantee " about the Glazers (hold the "i" when you spell it,) and their criteria for ROH members?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lest we not forget, we could have drafted Tony Dorsett rather than Ricky.  We all know how Tony did.  I always remember that being a point of contention with a lot of Bucs fans back in the day, but it should not diminish what Ricky did, and who he was.  He was also very much a team leader.

If I am not mistaken, Dorsett made it clear he didn't want to be a Buccaneer. Of course McKay and Bell had the USC connection, but Bell did rush for over 3,000 yards his final two seasons.John Robinson once said,  "As far as I'm concerned, he's the best football player of all time. I've never been around a man to equal him. The tougher the game got, the tougher he got."Bell never wanted sympathy after getting ill. "People would call the house and ask how Ricky was doing and he'd say, 'I'm great, just fine,'" his widow, Natalia, told Chris Dufresne in the Los Angeles Times a few months after his death. "It made me so mad. I'd say, 'Why are you saying that?' And he'd say, 'I don't want anybody feeling sorry for me. 'I'm going to get better.'" I would put him in the ROH personally.R.I.P. Ricky Bell.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I am outraged by neither the spitting, nor your antics- just amused that self-proclaimed champion of "character" is so quick to stoop so low, so quickly.By the way, where do back up your " guarantee " about the Glazers (hold the "i" when you spell it,) and their criteria for ROH members?

Move on brother, and take your own advice...

I honestly don't see anything on this board so Godawful that can't be cured by thicker skin or the ignore button- but that's just me.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

If I am not mistaken, Dorsett made it clear he didn't want to be a Buccaneer. Of course McKay and Bell had the USC connection, but Bell did rush for over 3,000 yards his final two seasons.John Robinson once said,  "As far as I'm concerned, he's the best football player of all time. I've never been around a man to equal him. The tougher the game got, the tougher he got."Bell never wanted sympathy after getting ill. "People would call the house and ask how Ricky was doing and he'd say, 'I'm great, just fine,'" his widow, Natalia, told Chris Dufresne in the Los Angeles Times a few months after his death. "It made me so mad. I'd say, 'Why are you saying that?' And he'd say, 'I don't want anybody feeling sorry for me. 'I'm going to get better.'" I would put him in the ROH personally.R.I.P. Ricky Bell.

Indeed, the college connection between player and coach had many a fan screaming about his selection.  I would not have changed a thing.  I am most certain he'll make it to the Bucs ROH too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well NFL career-wise yes average. Talent-wise? Above average. Imagine what he might have accomplished had he not gotten sick. Jeff Pearlman's amazing feature story points out that he may have been ill long before the trade to the Chargers. And here is a guy who ran for 1,263 yards in 1979 when the opposing defenses knew what was coming. The Bucs only threw for 2,600 yards the whole season. It was toss left, toss right, fullback up the middle. Doug completed just over 48% of his passes. Talk about predictable offense. Whoever called the offense in 1979 made Mike Shula look like Mike Martz. Bell was a beast. Tough as hell, strong and a huge heart. Above average in my book.

no different from what Wilder had to faceGaines Adams was sick....maybe he should be in the ROH too :)

Please wait…

• vlagatta

no different from what Wilder had to faceGaines Adams was sick....maybe he should be in the ROH too :)

In gambling, this is what we call your "tell".  You were Obviously not around back then, which is why you cannot fully appreciate the situation.  Your illness comparison rationale, is sad and unfortunate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Move on brother, and take your own advice...

I honestly don't see anything on this board so Godawful that can't be cured by thicker skin or the ignore button- but that's just me.

Well, for starters, you are not my brother and secondly, my skin is clearly thick enough to deal with whatever nonsense you're spouting.  I'm not offended or hurt by anything you've said, simply amused at the lack of class displayed by one so quick to judge others.  If however, you find I am being too mean to you, please feel free to follow the above advice- ignore me.By the way, for someone so concerned with "character" as you are, you might want to change your screen name to SackedBySelmon.  while Sapp surely does not meet your strict character guidelines, Selmon most assuredly will.  Again, where does your "guarantee" come from?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah but Wilder didn't die. And Gaines never has a Pro Bowl type season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah but Wilder didn't die. And Gaines never has a Pro Bowl type season.

so you admit that his death is a contributing factor for you?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In gambling, this is what we call your "tell".  You were Obviously not around back then, which is why you cannot fully appreciate the situation.  Your illness comparison rationale, is sad and unfortunate.

the only thing that's obvious is that you know nothing about me

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

El Dragón most definitely deserves to be In the ROH,  imo. Scott laid it all out in the article. Dude changed the culture of our franchise. Mercenaries don't do that. He continued to play at a high level and took the young guys under his wing. Mercenaries don't do that. Yeah, he spit at Bar None, so what?! Floyd was a loudmouth, dirty Nole. Sapp wasn't a boy scout, Lynch was a head hunter and would've been fined more than Goldson in the present NFL. That man cared about the franchise.  He cared about turning the ship a around in Tampa.  He wanted Tampa to be be a winner. He deserves a lot of credit for taking us to that next level and having people forget about the ol Yuccaneers. Being on staff should help him, IMHO.  Freaking loved #56. - BUC fan since Errict Rhett was drafted. ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How have you been since the stroke?Do you mind if I asked you what your symptoms were before you had it?  I have had a friend who has had a stroke before, he came away relatively unscathed...thank goodness.  I hope you did as well.Now you can go back to hating on me.  ;D

Never hating on anybody. :DI have been pretty good since my stroke. I did come away pretty unscathed. My right arm is still a bit numb but perfectly usable. I really didn't have many symptoms. I started having what felt like leg cramps in my thighs but nothing major. As time went on though I found I had trouble keeping my balance when I was standing up but still cool. Soon, I lost the ability  to control my right hand and that's when I went to the urgent care. I managed to walk in. It was the last walking I did for about a week until I got to rehab.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't fault him one bit for chasing a payday.  It is his right to pursue his greatest enrichment.  He also knew that the Buccaneers of that era viewed the players as rentals and prefers to part ways with them too soon rather than too early.  Nickerson realized that his "replacement" was already on the roster, and the Buccaneers were not going to be competitive in terms of money to resign him.  Sapp explains his conversation with Nickerson right after the 99 championship game, where he says as much.  Nickerson's leaving was a short term financial gain for him, but I believe a long term loss for his legacy.I do not for a second, however debate his belonging in the ROH.  That's just my opinion.

I totally get it up until the last sentence; I do think it should affect whether he makes it into the ROH. Even he considered himself a rental and he was a great rental who moved on when he priced himself out of market. I think that the ROH should honor those who were not rentals before it starts honoring the mercenaries.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Being candid, this is who I would like to see join Brooks, McKay, Selmon, Giles, Gruber & Sapp ...and in this order:  Tony Dungy, Malcolm Glazer, John Lynch, Gene Deckerhoff (after them, Garo Yepremian )

I'd like to see James Wilder on there too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good to hear you are doing better Axxon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I totally get it up until the last sentence; I do think it should affect whether he makes it into the ROH. Even he considered himself a rental and he was a great rental who moved on when he priced himself out of market. I think that the ROH should honor those who were not rentals before it starts honoring the mercenaries.

I completely understand where you are coming from, and respect your position.  In almost every other case imaginable, I would agree.  However, Nickerson was so good and such an important catalyst in the transformation of this team, I have to believe he belongs.  There was a period, where even though he may have been a mercenary, he was about the only identifiable face of the franchise to many.(By the way, Best wishes for good health...)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I completely understand where you are coming from, and respect your position.  In almost every other case imaginable, I would agree.  However, Nickerson was so good and such an important catalyst in the transformation of this team, I have to believe he belongs.  There was a period, where even though he may have been a mercenary, he was about the only identifiable face of the franchise to many.(By the way, Best wishes for good health...)

I don't necessarily agree with the mercenary title and I definitely agree with the parts in boldsame wishes on your health Axxon. All the best

Please wait…

• vlagatta

GUARANTEED – BONIFIED – BET THE FARM – STONE COLD LOCK                        lock.jpg                                                                      HARDY WON'T GET IT

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

GUARANTEED - BONIFIED - BET THE FARM - STONE COLD LOCK                        lock.jpg                                                                      HARDY WON'T GET IT

I hear that Custer was a really confident guy too....

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I feel bad, yet at the same time, I dig that you always come back for more.Virtual_Bug_Zapper1.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I feel bad, yet at the same time, I dig that you always come back for more.Virtual_Bug_Zapper1.jpg

Ooookay.  I can't wait to see what kind of nifty image you use for your next silly post.  I guess you are more a picture book kind of guy.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Ooookay.  I can't wait to see what kind of nifty image you use for your next silly post.  I guess you are more a picture book kind of guy.

Aaaaaand  We're Back....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't necessarily agree with the mercenary title and I definitely agree with the parts in boldsame wishes on your health Axxon. All the best

I agree, I wouldn't label him a mercenary, but I can see how some folks might.  To me, Nickerson belongs in the ROH.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Aaaaaand  We're Back....

I feel bad for you.  Honest.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I feel bad, yet at the same time......

I feel bad for you...

Good God man, at the very least, Be Original.

Please wait…

Viewing 88 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.