Viewing 32 reply threads

• Author

• Scott Reynolds

Keymaster

https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/srs-fab-5-brees-voodoo-spell-on-bucs-winston-in-elite-company/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

interesting info on aldon smith.  sucks that we couldnt reel in hardy or him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another DE to keep an eye on is Charles Harris from Mizzoui. He is also a redshirt sophomore and his first year playing. I think he will pull an Aldon Smith and have a monster year then declare. At 6’3 250 he will probably scare a lot of 3-4 teams but I think he’d be an excellent fit for our defense at RDE. Great get off, closing speed and bend to boot. So far he has 3 sacks and if he ends up with around 10+ he’ll be probably declare and be the next great Mizzoui pass rusher they keep pumping out. (I wasn’t very high on Shane Ray btw)[img width=308 height=200]http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/615/img/photos/2014/12/06/db/9f/120714_sec_print_bs21.JPG[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The comparisons to past QBs with #ProReady are silly — the league has fundamentally changed in the past 5-10 years to make passing so much easier that it’s rendered any comparison with even the late-90s as completely meaningless.The league Aikman and Manning joined would eat most modern QBs alive.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone else concerned that our GM tried to offer Aldon Smith such a big contract? Dude is a great pass rusher, but how could you possibly offer him much guaranteed money with his track record off the field?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone else concerned that our GM tried to offer Aldon Smith such a big contract? Dude is a great pass rusher, but how could you possibly offer him much guaranteed money with his track record off the field?

concerned when we try to sign talented guys, concerned when we dont. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

““…Last week is behind us with our 24-hour rule,” Shepard said. “But at the same time, we have such a sour taste in everybody’s mouth. To get that out, we have to go on the road and play well against a good team and steal a win. Any time you can steal a win against a division team at their home that’s a big deal…”Stealing to me means taking something that doesn't belong to you.  So to say you are going to steal a win before the game is played means you don't think you deserve the win.  Maybe I am reading too much into his quote but it seems like a loser's (mentality) way of looking at it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1989 Dallas QB Troy Aikman 1 TD and 7 INTs to start the season 0-5 GAME 1: 17-of-35 (48.6 percent) 180 yards, 0 INTs, 2 TDs – 28-0 loss at New Orleans GAME 2: 13-of-23 (56.5 percent) 241 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs – 27-21 loss at AtlantaRefs must have really been against Dallas this game.  How else do you explain Aikman getting 2 TDs and the Cowboys still getting shut out?  Seems totally unfair.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When I played in high school sports a ref called a penalty against me one time but that made me more aggressive and more wild with play.  I am not sure why pro football player shut down because of one penalty.Is Lovie going to tell them to go to bed early or something haha?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Scott, I love this site and your Fab 5’s but I have to disagree with a few parts of the premise on this one…First, why not compare Winston to Trent Dilfer's first start, Vinny Testarverde’s first start, Ryan Leaf's first start (or any other bust QB)? Any of which, in comparison, is as applicable as Peyton Mannings or Andrew Luck's first NFL start. Sure, we all want to look for positives, but finding legendary QB's who happened to have a bad first game (likely not against a 2-14 team) is not analysis but wishful thinking.The bottom line is that Winston looked like utter crap in the Tennessee game (not to mention the majority of the preseason and camp). We were sold (by many) on Winston's #ProReady qualities. After watching our Buc’s get torched by the Project QB, I for one am questioning wth went wrong. Everything I was concerned about from his 2014 FSU season have been displayed brightly.Further what does this quote in the article mean? "Still, that wasn’t good enough for some Bucs fans." Are you insinuating that we should be more patient with this team as they are doing their best to sign guys and make this team better but the Bucs are so abysmal that no one will sign here? If that is the case, I cannot disagree more. I, you, and this board have no control over how terrible of a job Lovie, the Glazers, and Jason Licht have done. Sure, if they would have come to this forum they probably would have understood how stupid it was to dump Zuttah,  Penn and Revis when Lovie arrived. We would have probably told him drafting Charles Sim’s in the 3rd instead of getting an O-Lineman was dumb as rocks. I could go on but they don’t care what I think. So if free agents won’t sign here, than, unfortunately, I blame THEM.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

concerned when we try to sign talented guys, concerned when we dont.

Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We were sold (by many) on Winston's #ProReady qualities.

by who?  not singling you out, just that I see that kind of post a lot, sort of like blaming other for having out of the norm expectations? (not you, just generally speaking). Its like saying "I know he's a rookie and I know how rookie QBs play . .  but 'you' convinced me he was different and so now I am mad"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone else concerned that our GM tried to offer Aldon Smith such a big contract?

easy job, being a GM

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you should run a poll because the posts I read on here about FAs suggest many don’t believe this:"Sometimes money doesn’t talk in free agency. Sometimes a player’s personal desire trumps a big pay day – even when a team like Tampa Bay is willing to pay handsomely – and perhaps overpay – due to the big need for a pass rusher"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hate being in the position we are in right now. We know the holes we need to fill but are not able to do so because of our poor play over the past several years. :(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Scott, I love this site and your Fab 5's but I have to disagree with a few parts of the premise on this one...First, why not compare Winston to Trent Dilfer's first start, Vinny Testarverde’s first start, Ryan Leaf's first start (or any other bust QB)? Any of which, in comparison, is as applicable as Peyton Mannings or Andrew Luck's first NFL start. Sure, we all want to look for positives, but finding legendary QB's who happened to have a bad first game (likely not against a 2-14 team) is not analysis but wishful thinking.

Because except for some of the Mariota fan girls on here, we don't want Winston to look like Vinny, Trent or Ryan Leaf. The hope is that he will be Peyton, Andrew Luck or any of the other guys Scott listed.And they did just as bad or in many cases WORSE than Winston played on Sunday. That's the point. Winston may struggle for the first half of the season or maybe even the entire year. But that doesn't mean he's a bust or a terrible quarterback, just as Mariota isn't about to head to Canton on strength of one game either.I know its the Bucs fans way to expect failure. There's good reason for it since we've seen it so often. Most QBs struggle in their first year. Its a fact. Some folks don't get that and have already made up their minds.Good thing the Colts didn't do that with Manning or Luck. That's the point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just for kicks, here are:Dilfer (didn't start until game 7, but did throw 21 passes in game 4 and 6 combined):7 of 23, 45 yards, 30.43%, 0 TDs, 1 pick, 2 sacks. Replaced by Erickson. 41-16 49ers, at the Stick.Vinny (didn't start until 12th game, 10 throws prior to that):22 of 47 (46.81%), 369 yards, 2 TDs, 2 ints. Loss at NO, 34-44. Similar in that game was over in first half (28-7).Doug Williams (started week 1):1 of 5 (20%) for 9 yards. Second pass was a pick-6. Hurt his shoulder and was out until week 3. On week 3 he went 5-19 (26.3%), 63 yards and 1 TD. Bucs won at MN, 16-10.G-Force (a few throws in weeks 1 and 3, but first start was week 4 at NO):21-31 (64.5%), 225 yards, 2 TDs, 0 picks. Hall of Famer.Freeman (a few throws in game 7, first start was game eight)....15 - 31 (48.3%), 205 yards, 3 TDs, 1 pick.Leaf:16-31 (51.6%), 192 yards, 1 TD, 2 picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

btw, since the subject of Luck’s debut came up….his second pick was thrown into double coverage in the end-zone and picked off by….Chris Conte.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

SR, I disagree about ASJ.  He started celebrating BEFORE he crossed the goal line.  That’s a NoNo for any professional.  And the high stepping was out of place in a blowout.  I’m not against him celebrating, but how about trying to fire up his lethargic teammates instead of the sophomoric “look at me!” type of charade that he chose. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hate being in the position we are in right now. We know the holes we need to fill but are not able to do so because of our poor play over the past several years. :(

Just like old times. Sometimes the more things change the more they stay the same.What this really shows us is that the perception of this team by free agents is not very good. How do you rebuild when nobody wants to come here? That was quite disturbing to read. And Derrick Morgan bailed to stay in Tennessee. Ouch!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

btw, since the subject of Luck's debut came up....his second pick was thrown into double coverage in the end-zone and picked off by....Chris Conte.

Can't be. The Mariota fanboys told me how great all those defenses were and Luck and Manning never really had any bad games like the one Jameis just had.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

btw, since the subject of Luck's debut came up....his second pick was thrown into double coverage in the end-zone and picked off by....Chris Conte.

Can't be. The Mariota fanboys told me how great all those defenses were and Luck and Manning never really had any bad games like the one Jameis just had.

Did those same mariota scumbags also tell you that not all high picks that come out looking like sh1t, get better?I mean, you are painting a picture here that makes one thik its a GOOD thing to get blown up game on. Like its a right of passage or something.I bet far more first game failures led to, more failure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did those same mariota scumbags also tell you that not all high picks that come out looking like sh1t, get better?I mean, you are painting a picture here that makes one thik its a GOOD thing to get blown up game on. Like its a right of passage or something.I bet far more first game failures led to, more failure.

Only time will tell, but I am not going to sit here and complain about everything like you are.Everybody here should at least be wanting our QB to do well, and the reason we bring up the fact that even hall of fame QBs start out badly sometimes is because you all seem so clueless about it! Get a clue bro. One game does not make a carreer. I know you liked Mariota but if it was up to youbwe would have drafted JFF No.7 the year before and we would be in WAY WORSE shape than we are right now as a franchise, so just put the crack pipe down and maybe try some rational thinking for once.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My concern with Fab 4 is nobody wants to come here to play. That should tell us all we need to know about the organization as it is currently being run.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only time will tell, but I am not going to sit here and complain about everything like you are.Everybody here should at least be wanting our QB to do well, and the reason we bring up the fact that even hall of fame QBs start out badly sometimes is because you all seem so clueless about it! Get a clue bro. One game does not make a carreer. I know you liked Mariota but if it was up to youbwe would have drafted JFF No.7 the year before and we would be in WAY WORSE shape than we are right now as a franchise, so just put the crack pipe down and maybe try some rational thinking for once.

Rational thinking. Hmm?Ok, lets try it your way..Winston's footwork is abysmal, he's slow, he slouches, he isnt careful with the ball early on, and wastes a lot of time with unneeded movement.So, its ONE game. Thats fine and dandy, but were these things concerns by the professional analysts, predraft? Because if they were, and hes doing the same things in the nfl level, they will also tell you, he will fail.And thats exactly what happened.Maybe it takes time. Maybe that IS the key?But, ...so what? Do you really believe these hungry fans are going to keep going, praise his name, or even give a shit, if this keeps happening? The bucs fanbase is a pissed off one, and one that will not just wait on anything anymore. Glazers, smith, or winston bedamned.He doesn't have "freeman time" here. Especially after lovie goes, or continued uneffective blowouts.After a game like last, everyone needs to be heckled. Those are grown men out there. acting like uninterested pansies. If you arent ticked off, even a little, you arent a buc fan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My concern with Fab 4 is nobody wants to come here to play. That should tell us all we need to know about the organization as it is currently being run.

not sure this is true.  not sure its any indication how the organization is “run”, unless that just means wins and losses. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds more like Aldon Smith was more intent on staying close to the rehab facility he is working with (which shows he may be turning the corner)...Kraken likely wanted to play more for "America's team" and having an immediate shot at playoffs and SB plus opportunity to work with Marinelli. Factor those in and it's not as damning as it appears...Having said that, I'm a bit concerned that Smith is loading up the team with his guys rather than general talent which in effect handcuffs the Bucs to him for the foreseeable future. If things don't start improving soon and Glazers decide the Lovie experiment isn't working out, the next coach/GM will have TONS of work to do personnel-wise...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not sure this is true.  not sure its any indication how the organization is "run", unless that just means wins and losses.

Generally, if an organization is well-run, they have more wins than losses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brian Orakpo was interviewed by the Bucs right after Derrick Morgan. BOTH of them started Sunday; for the Titans. Dick Lebeau is in NFL circles far more highly regarded as a defensive guru than Lovie, like it or not…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rational thinking. Hmm?Ok, lets try it your way..Winston's footwork is abysmal, he's slow, he slouches, he isnt careful with the ball early on, and wastes a lot of time with unneeded movement.So, its ONE game. Thats fine and dandy, but were these things concerns by the professional analysts, predraft? Because if they were, and hes doing the same things in the nfl level, they will also tell you, he will fail.And thats exactly what happened.Maybe it takes time. Maybe that IS the key?But, ...so what? Do you really believe these hungry fans are going to keep going, praise his name, or even give a (censored), if this keeps happening? The bucs fanbase is a pissed off one, and one that will not just wait on anything anymore. Glazers, smith, or winston bedamned.He doesn't have "freeman time" here. Especially after lovie goes, or continued uneffective blowouts.After a game like last, everyone needs to be heckled. Those are grown men out there. acting like uninterested pansies. If you arent ticked off, even a little, you arent a buc fan.

And we watched helplessly as the QB we could have had was doing everything against us the “experts” had told us Winston would do in the NFL, as Winston was “pro-ready”, and Mariota wasn’t…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

probably just semantics, but i dont consider wins/losses directly correllated to being well run.  i think an organization can be “well-run” and still be poor at football.  again, semantics though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

probably just semantics, but i dont consider wins/losses directly correllated to being well run.

I would guess you're in the minority on that one. Like Raider, Redskin, Jaguar, Buccaneer minority.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rational thinking. Hmm?Ok, lets try it your way..Winston's footwork is abysmal, he's slow, he slouches, he isnt careful with the ball early on, and wastes a lot of time with unneeded movement.So, its ONE game. Thats fine and dandy, but were these things concerns by the professional analysts, predraft? Because if they were, and hes doing the same things in the nfl level, they will also tell you, he will fail.And thats exactly what happened.Maybe it takes time. Maybe that IS the key?But, ...so what? Do you really believe these hungry fans are going to keep going, praise his name, or even give a (censored), if this keeps happening? The bucs fanbase is a pissed off one, and one that will not just wait on anything anymore. Glazers, smith, or winston bedamned.He doesn't have "freeman time" here. Especially after lovie goes, or continued uneffective blowouts.After a game like last, everyone needs to be heckled. Those are grown men out there. acting like uninterested pansies. If you arent ticked off, even a little, you arent a buc fan.

And we watched helplessly as the QB we could have had was doing everything against us the "experts" had told us Winston would do in the NFL, as Winston was "pro-ready", and Mariota wasn't...

Exactly.Nice, huh?

Please wait…

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.