Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author

• Scott Reynolds

Keymaster

• Anonymous

Inactive

SR  – Humphries is a feel good underdog story! He does have great quickness, lateral movement skills and burst in-and-out of his breaks. The one think missing from his game to take him to that Wes Welker caliber of receiver is his ability to separate at the top of routes. Being able to put space (distance) between himself and a defender. Welker was not fleet of foot on longer routes. However he was able to use body position and lean to separate at the top of routes. Humprhies has the ability to hone the subtle techniques to create spacing.  It will be interesting to see how Humphries develops in year two and if he can take his game to that next level. https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2012/05/15/lesson-one-of-a-route-clinic-from-wes-welker/Link to actual practice video of  Rod Smith-Ed McCaffrey era and the Patriots era with Randy Moss and Wes Welker creating speration.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZmO0Zxy28c&feature=BFa&list=HL1337129948

• Anonymous

Inactive

i’m big fan of Lavonte, but one of the reasons he has so many tackles is that the guys in front of him aren’t making many.

• Marcia

Participant

i'm big fan of Lavonte, but one of the reasons he has so many tackles is that the guys in front of him aren't making many.

It's typical, in football, for the linebacker to have more tackles than any other position on the team. In fact, if it's not the LB you usually have a problem.

• Anonymous

Inactive

i'm big fan of Lavonte, but one of the reasons he has so many tackles is that the guys in front of him aren't making many.

It's typical, in football, for the linebacker to have more tackles than any other position on the team. In fact, if it's not the LB you usually have a problem.

Yup. LBs are almost always the ones with the high totals. I will say however that Brooks defenses were generally off the field a little more often, so that may have a small effect on his tackle totals. Splash plays are splash plays however. Cant discredit Davids playmaking ability being above brooks at his point.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.