Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• Scott Reynolds

Keymaster

Is there a chance the Bucs could trade up to draft QB Johnny Manziel? Will Mike Glennon be traded? How likely would Tampa Bay trade down to draft QB Derek Carr? What would each QB bring to the franchise and how would they fit into Jeff Tedford’s offense? Get the answers and plenty of insights into the Bucs’ 2014 draft in this edition of SR’s Fab 5.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9773

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Conspicuously absent are the middle-round quarterbacks, such as Alabama’s A.J. McCarron, Pittsburgh’s Tom Savage, Georgia’s Aaron Murray and LSU’s Zach Mettenberger. Evaluating the available evidence, the Bucs more than likely will draft a quarterback early – unless Tampa Bay is doing a really good job of disguising their true, targeted signal caller.”I think one shouldn't put too much stock in offseason visits. Just because a team invites a prospect it doesn't mean they love him. There may be some interest, but maybe they just have some questions about him that need to be answered, so they get a better feel on where to place him in their rankings. The majority of scouting work is long done at that point. NFL agent Jack Bechta mentioned it in a recent article: "One year, I had a client visit 15 teams and the one who drafted him (33rd overall) didn’t give him a private workout or a visit."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Has PR stopped putting  “post dates”  on date significant articles?  There are two Fab5 together on this board as I write this..  neither one with a date

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a great FAB 5 this week; very weak on substance as to why Scott defends his choices.  We have a serious need at Offensive Guard;  then a need at wide receiver; a slight need at DT & QB & L;  tiny needs at Offensive Tackle, Center, Corner, TE.  I have to believe that Coach Smith as learned his lesson and has a different perspective on who to draft other than what Scott brings up about Coach Smith past habits in drafting Texans and mainly Defensive players in the earlier rounds.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Horse,If Smith does follow his usual draft pattern, the Bucs will be screwed. We absolutely, positively have to address the OL early-we have 2 tackles and a center and Nicks is no where a certainty.. We don't NEED a QB in the first Round. It was my opinion that's why McCown is here.I just get sick to my stomach listening to those selling Manziel. We just got rid of one immature player because of off field situations and now we should draft another one???

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be really unhappy if we drafted Manziel; if we trade up to #2 to get him I’ll be despondent. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uncle Stan & zothhho; I totally agree.  Manziel, Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater, are all not top 10 picks.  There are a couple teams that are in a now need for a QB and will reach for them and I say great because that means one of our top 7 guys will be there for sure.  We still might be able to trade down a couple spots and still pick up our guy and if not, I’m sure they will have another favorite available.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Horse, I certainly agree with you about the serious need for at LEAST one top G, but there isn’t one worth the 7th pick in the draft.  As I said on another thread, I believe we MUST get a top WR, a solid starting G and a solid bu OT either in the draft or the 2nd FA period.  We have other needs but those MUST be filled....IMO.

Please wait…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.