Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 33 reply threads

• Author

• Scott Reynolds

Keymaster

https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/srs-fab-5-tampa-bay-was-wise-to-keep-glennon-bucs-on-the-bubble/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No way Kaelin Clay is even close to a bubble, unless it’s “Bubbles” at the local _____ club.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOVE this quote from Lansanah:“I just did what my coaches taught me to do,” Lansanah said. “I read my keys. That’s a play that we practice all the time. I remember running out on to the field and telling my guys we were going to get a safety, I was calling out the play that they were going to run and they ran it. I hit it like I always do and made a play.”Man, looks like we really lucked out with him - AND Kwon too; suddenly we're stacked at LBand with guys like McDougald, Warren at center, and Sheppard; we're having guys coming out of the woodworks that look like they can be real contributors... and an actual pass rush coming from our "rag tag" DE rotation of Smith, Gholston, English, G. Johnson, Fatinikun and Sidberry... look at some of the best pass rushing teams in the last decade (Giants, Seahawks), they had a 5-6 man squad not just 4 starters...been so long since I've felt like we've had so many "unknowns" actually turn into players.  Heck, a lot of our "hits" have turned out to be misses in the past 5-6 years.  I think we're finally turning the corner guys, I don't know what exactly the catalyst was, but things are looking up

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very well written article about Mike, Scott. There are some posters on these boards who will swear I wrote parts of this article. It was the perfect story to go along with my lunch.  Mike loves this offense and has said he would have success in it. There is still work to be done as with all young QBs. I have to get back to work right now, but I’m sure I will have to address some ill-advised expert poster comments later tonight or tomorrow. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

108882d1437349147t-allstate-silence1-.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fab1 shines some light on a lot of the false narratives… and the cockroaches hide in the baseboards?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You two posters, who have been wrong all offseason, understand Fab 1 doesn’t change Glennon’s status as the backup QB, yes?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You two posters, who have been wrong all offseason, understand Fab 1 doesn't change Glennon's status as the backup QB, yes?

You're right, it doesn't. But, we are lucky to have a backup like him. The guy could start for a handful of teams in the league. I'd love to be able to keep him, but he's going to get a shot somewhere.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want to see the TE’s step up tonight because it has been all hype.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You two posters, who have been wrong all offseason, understand Fab 1 doesn't change Glennon's status as the backup QB, yes?

You're right, it doesn't. But, we are lucky to have a backup like him. The guy could start for a handful of teams in the league. I'd love to be able to keep him, but he's going to get a shot somewhere.

i think its nice to have a dependable backup.  but if you dont believe we are a playoff team, then i dont think it really matters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Other than being the starter, are you in agreement with all the other points we have made regarding Mike's talent and potential? It sure does seem like the media is coming around to our way of thinking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike is very much a great back up qb to have…but to me and he has shown multiple times he is not a franchise qb….he is way too conservative for me and that is great for a team who has a top 5 D like the Jets or Bills but he does not bring that game changing threat for us that we need from our QB..the league has changed, it is a qb driven league and Winston has that IT factor that I want from my QB…Respect Mike a lot but not as our teams franchise qb

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

God forbid we have two young QBs that flourish under Koetter. Not like it’s been an embarrassment of riches at the position throughout our franchise history. I think we’re due. If Jameis turns out to be the real deal this season, then I have no issues trading Glennon for a high pick. That said, no way should we move him this season. He’s a great insurance policy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fish on!BP1's initial attempt at trolling was so bad she had to come back with another post. Lol. That didn't work so the even bigger Glennon troll appears to call all non-Glennon lovers "cockroaches" ... And just like that ..... Cockroach ... er.....fish on .... And we're off! Only a few hours 'til game time!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

God forbid we have two young QBs that flourish under Koetter. Not like it's been an embarrassment of riches at the position throughout our franchise history. I think we're due. If Jameis turns out to be the real deal this season, then I have no issues trading Glennon for a high pick. That said, no way should we move him this season. He's a great insurance policy.

truth. Truth. TRUTH.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Other than being the starter, are you in agreement with all the other points we have made regarding Mike's talent and potential? It sure does seem like the media is coming around to our way of thinking.

I've had Glennon pegged since his third game in the NFL. He's a 25-40 QB in the NFL, meaning he could start on crappy teams or be a good backup. Nobody is coming around to your way of thinking, unless you've finally accepted he's a quality backup in the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fish on!BP1's initial attempt at trolling was so bad she had to come back with another post. Lol. That didn't work so the even bigger Glennon troll appears to call all non-Glennon lovers "cockroaches" ... And just like that ..... Cockroach ... er.....fish on .... And we're off! Only a few hours 'til game time!!!

I don't troll.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've had Glennon pegged since his third game in the NFL. He's a 25-40 QB in the NFL, meaning he could start on crappy teams or be a good backup. Nobody is coming around to your way of thinking, unless you've finally accepted he's a quality backup in the NFL.

I guess you need a little more time. I understand.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't troll.

Lol. Yeah right

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. Yeah right

Care to explain how she trolls?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. Yeah right

I guess because I have a strong opinion, and stand my ground.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Denial is one of your more becoming qualities. Unfortunately for you, reality trumps your opinion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Denial is one of your more becoming qualities. Unfortunately for you, reality trumps your opinion.

Whatever!  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As of right now, I think pegging Glennon in the range of 25-35 is fairly accurate. He’s one of the top backups in the league and could start for a handful of teams. It will be interesting to how he’ll develop under Koetter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. Yeah right

Yeah ... That's it. (Sarcasm)I guess the last sentence of your first post wasn't an invitation ..neither was the follow up post when no one responded. Lol. Same thing with CJ's post, which suggested disinterest was fear. LolYou should at least own it, not run from it with the "I stand my ground" but, as they say, to each ...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As of right now, I think pegging Glennon in the range of 25-35 is fairly accurate. He's one of the top backups in the league and could start for a handful of teams. It will be interesting to how he'll develop under Koetter.

Posters with an agenda will never see his development. Just like this Biggs poster. He formed his opinion after Mike's 3rd game.  ???

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. Yeah right

Yeah ... That's it. (Sarcasm)I guess the last sentence of your first post wasn't an invitation ..neither was the follow up post when no one responded. Lol. Same thing with CJ's post, which suggested disinterest was fear. LolYou should at least own it, not run from it with the "I stand my ground" but, as they say, to each ...

That's not trolling. This is:In Internet slang, a troll (/?tro?l/, /?tr?l/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.Hmmmmm.....looks like you are the troll.  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. Yeah right

That's not trolling. This is:In Internet slang, a troll (/?tro?l/, /?tr?l/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.Hmmmmm.....looks like you are the troll.  ;)

Haha

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

WHile I agree he makes a good backup, I'm still not sure of his starting potential based upon what we've seen in pre-season. Colt McCoy had a rating of 153 last week, against Detroit, and I would not view him as anything other than a back-up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WHile I agree he makes a good backup, I'm still not sure of his starting potential based upon what we've seen in pre-season. Colt McCoy had a rating of 153 last week, against Detroit, and I would not view him as anything other than a back-up.

You're right that it's tough to put too much on preseason results but I think Glennon could be a starter, particularly on a good team. He is smart and has a good arm. It seems like he is almost eager to take the check down though, so that might work well on a team with some playmakers In a weird way though, his skills play to the "stellar backup" role because he is a quick study, protects the ball etc.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

You're right that it's tough to put too much on preseason results but I think Glennon could be a starter, particularly on a good team. He is smart and has a good arm. It seems like he is almost eager to take the check down though, so that might work well on a team with some playmakers In a weird way though, his skills play to the "stellar backup" role because he is a quick study, protects the ball etc.

True, his biggest quality, that I see is protecting the ball. I just need to see more consistent play in a regular season setting. Last year, he put a nice game together against Pittsburgh, but was just bad in other starts.As mentioned, he's probably going to get a shot with another team after his contract is up. I  think he is one of those QBs that will do better / worse, depending on who he signs with. (Some teams, imho, are just better at developing QBs than others. He needs to fall with one of those and he could do well.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I get Scott’s rationale on Glennon, but I would still prefer a nice draft pick, over keeping him as insurance.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As of right now, I think pegging Glennon in the range of 25-35 is fairly accurate. He's one of the top backups in the league and could start for a handful of teams. It will be interesting to how he'll develop under Koetter.

Posters with an agenda will never see his development. Just like this Biggs poster. He formed his opinion after Mike's 3rd game.  ???

It's not my fault other people take longer to come to the right conclusion.  Hell, you still haven't come to the right conclusion - and that isn't my fault either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, Clay is probably the most disappointing of our picks so far. Alexander is the biggest surprise, to move to MLB as a rookie in the pre-season, ahead of the big-money FA we had anointed to starting MLB before TC; just WOW! LOL; I guess Carter is our super-sub LB now...

Please wait…

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.