Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stocker.Myers. (sp)ASJ. Seem legit?  I doubt Tim Wright makes the team, he is a one trick pony and that trick isn't worth the money.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think TE Wright should have caught that 3rd down seam pass from QB Winston as it was a perfectly thrown ball in a tight window that went through his hands.With that said, yes he will make the final 53.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brate is the best of everyone of them with asj being the suckiest/most hyped. Followed by Wright as most disappointing with Myers being the most blah. Start brate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think TE Wright should have caught that 3rd down seam pass from QB Winston as it was a perfectly thrown ball in a tight window that went through his hands.With that said, yes he will make the final 53.

Over Stocker, or Meyers who always seems to be a reliable target, good hands, runs clean routes and has good size for a mostly receiving tight end, but he has more blocking ability than Wright (not much more, but that is because Wright is light in the loafers). I like Myers. Not enough to know if I’m spelling his name correctly, but I like his role. His veteran presence.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stocker.Myers. (sp)ASJ. Seem legit?  I doubt Tim Wright makes the team, he is a one trick pony and that trick isn't worth the money.

Garbage.Brate is going to receive more playing time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston loves those TE seems. I hope Lovie makes the best choice here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stocker: If he is asked to block laterally he is lost.  He is only a decent blocker moving upfield (eg as H-Back/fullback).  Not going to outrun any defender as a receiver. Injury concerns.Myers: He whiffed on a block big time at the line.  Decent pass catcher.ASJ: Plays too much like Jane not enough Tarzan.Wright: Disappointing he can't beat out the garbage in front of him.  He did have a decent block in the game, but he also had a big drop.Brate: Only decent all around performance at TE.  Decent blocker and above average pass catcher.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brate is the best of everyone of them with asj being the suckiest/most hyped. Followed by Wright as most disappointing with Myers being the most blah. Start brate.

I am watching TE Brate down the stretch here, solid player, solid blocking. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am so angry with the TE unit with what I have seen tonight.  >:(If I was in charge I would trade Wright and Myers, cut Stocker, promote Brate to first string and demote ASJ to 2nd string.  Then I would scour the final cuts for a blocking TE with the first dibs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember when people were mad we traded Tim Wright?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am so angry with the TE unit with what I have seen tonight.  >:(If I was in charge I would trade Wright and Myers, cut Stocker, promote Brate to first string and demote ASJ to 2nd string.  Then I would scour the final cuts for a blocking TE with the first dibs.

ASJ to 2nd team offense?  Well we got two more preseason games to see what they can do but overall I thought ASJ played ok.  The reason why I think Wright will make the team is because Koetter likes veteran TE's, time will tell.  I think the only team that would accept a trade for a TE at this point is maybe Washington as they have some serious injuries at the TE position.What did you see from ASJ to demote him to 2nd teams?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought drop aside Wright played pretty well. They definitely used him more as a blocker and I thought he held his own. Threw a nice block from the fullback spot as well. I really just think the dimension he brings to the passing game is too much to get rid of. Even when he’s not the target, having a guy that big and quick lining up where tight ends usually do is a mismatch.Stocker blows and Myers is just meh at everything. Brate was far and away the best today.1) Brate2) Wright3) ASJ (and for the love of god do something)Would cut the other two.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don’t see the poor performance from ASJ.  I will go back and watch this game again tomorrow, but my initial reaction on his play today was that he played well.My thought is since there has been a lot of fluffy articles on him in the offseason that now everyone is expecting Gronk type performances?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ASJ didnt have a bad game at all.  He caught the one ball thrown his way.Maybe people are mad about his penalty...

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I thought drop aside Wright played pretty well. They definitely used him more as a blocker and I thought he held his own. Threw a nice block from the fullback spot as well. I really just think the dimension he brings to the passing game is too much to get rid of. Even when he's not the target, having a guy that big and quick lining up where tight ends usually do is a mismatch.Stocker blows and Myers is just meh at everything. Brate was far and away the best today.1) Brate2) Wright3) ASJ (and for the love of god do something)Would cut the other two.

Stocker is the best blocker of all those guys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

my initial thoughts – ASJ - kinda quiet, caught the one ball his way, thought the holding penalty was tickytack.Myers - horrible blocks from both the right side and left side.  but then had some great catches.wright - for a guy that our board builds up so much, hes gotta catch those 3rd down passes.brate - thought he was okay, but i think we are building him up too much.  his blocking wasnt that much better than myers, and his catches for the most part were easy dumpoffs.  certainly played fine, but im just not sure he did anything great.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree unless someone else better is released and picked up on the waiver wire....Tim Wright is toast...can't block as a TE...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wright is as good as gone. He got picked up from waviers for a reason, we gave him another chance and he hasn’t really been anything special.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did anyone see ASJ jawing with one of their D lineman? Not sure about ASJ, immature maybe?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not sure I recall seeing Brate drop a pass thrown his way. He always seems to produce when given an opportunity.

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.