Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 41 reply threads

• Author

• scoooo

Participant

Make it happen Jason!

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Couldn’t agree to terms on a restructure according to Schefter.

• theknees

Participant

Go get ’em!

• BadabingBucs

Participant

would be interesting.

i think they need to find out the time tables of Carlton Davis, SMB, and Dean. From my understanding Dean could be back this week or next.

if the other guys will be back in next 4 weeks, i dont see Bucs adding him.

Also – what is his health status like?

• Buccaholic

Participant

Gotta get him. The only question is, how can we make it happen? Gotta trade Brate or possibly even Godwin…

• aquilus

Participant

If you are talking cap maybe…but we don’t need to trade Brate or Godwin if he is released….he isna free agent at that point

• Buccaholic

Participant

Yes, for cap.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Like manna from heaven

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

Make it happen

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Don’t think patriots waiting until after Sunday is a coincidence

• TBChucky

Participant

Priority #1= Get Tom on the phone..
      Priority #2= Restructure someone quickly..

This NEEDS to happen!!

• Vance

Participant

I’ll be totally shocked if he Bucs sleep on this. Who gets cut now and who restructures?

• BadabingBucs

Participant

i mean what kind of money do you think he will get coming off an injury and turning 32.

he should get a similar deal to Sherman so i dont see major moves being made if we decide to add him

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

if the other guys will be back in next 4 weeks, i dont see Bucs adding him.

That’s what I’m thinking too.

• Pennywise

Participant

He was do 7 million , he wants 15 million per year

He was cut because he wouldn’t restructure, he is do back week 6 from IR

• Biggs3535

Participant

I don’t think so either, as this move had to be made after Week 4.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

A few things…

He isn’t eligible to play until week 6. He is still on PUP list.

Dude was holding out for more money. Doubt he is just going to forget that to come to Tampa.

He is 31 and is probably looking for one last big pay day. Doubt he waste a year on a small deal like Sherman. Gilmore will have many options

Some guys care more about money than rings, Didn’t Revis go back to the Jets?

The Bucs will do all they can to go after him. When you have a chance to sign the defense of player of the year(a few years removed) at your thinnest position, you do.

Denver has money and would be an interesting possibility.

Lmao Bucs aren’t trading Godwin. Where do some of y’all come up with this stuff?

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Even if the brass wants him, I don’t think Greenberg has enough magic left.

• Jed

Participant

He is not eligible to come back until week 6 so why does that matter?

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Well, knowing he could potentially sign in Tampa they would not want him to give out defensive cues and strategies. Also, if he couldn’t play until week six why wouldn’t they release him last week or next week? The timing of this shows the buca have a legitimate shot at signing him, and the patriots know that

• SunnyD

Participant

I think if Carlton is only out 2-4 weeks and Dean practices today it wouldn’t be prudent to add Gilmore.

Having said that, Bucs would probably get a nice comp pick if they added him when he moves on in the offseason (assuming midseason acquisitions are counted into the comp pick formula?)

• buc-in-out

Participant

I’d imagine the Seahawks will pursue him hard. They’re terrible at CB and their starters are healthy, and they have a bunch of cash to spend this year.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Gilmore needs to play this year to show he still has something left in the tank at 32 so i do expect him to play this year on a Sherman type deal and why not sign with a talent loaded team.

If Dean comes back this week, that will give us him and Sherman to keep the Dolphins in check. We play Eagles on a short week so will have the same two guys through week 6.

if Davis is out for the year, this is a no brainer giving us 4 quality CBs when SMB returns. If Davis is out a month, then i’m not sure. Assuming all 5 are healthy who are your starting three? Who plays special teams? May not be enough balls to go around so to speak but if Davis is out for the year, i say worry about that down the road.

• m_j

Participant

if we can get him for this year only we should go for it! if he wants to sign big contract forget it

• FireLicht2020

Participant

CB is out 2-4 weeks
      Dean is trash
      Sherman is a question mark

We need Gilmore but I doubt he comes here…

If he was willing to join and we needed cap space… I don’t know what we can cut/trade other than Brate. Or Brady is a baller and takes a cut?

Nothing seems realistic at this point

• bucshot420

Participant

I may be completely wrong here and if I am please let me know, but if a player is on the pup list and then is released, wouldn’t his designation on the pup also go away since he is no longer tied to a team, or their pup list ? I mean if a player was on someone’s IR, and was released with an injury settlement, they wouldn’t have to sit out the 3 week minimum since they’d no longer be tied to a team. Surely it’s not league mandated or controlled like it would be if it was a league suspension.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by bucshot420.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

CB is out 2-4 weeks
      Dean is trash
      Sherman is a question mark

We need Gilmore but I doubt he comes here…

If he was willing to join and we needed cap space… I don’t know what we can cut/trade other than Brate. Or Brady is a baller and takes a cut?

Nothing seems realistic at this point

we can also potentially extend a pending a free agent and add on voidable years to free up cap space.

Not sure what candidates we would consider but maybe along the offensive line in Jensen or Cappa.

Given injuries to JPP and Carlton Davis, age of Suh and Gholston, and underwhelming performance by OJ Howard and Rojo; they all seem unlikely.

Fournette and AB are likely playing to see if they can get pay days in the off-season

Godwin maybe?

• Dave

Participant

Dean and SMB are both garbage, hopefully we can make a deal happen.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

I know he said he does not want to do it. But what about extending wrong with a couple void years And give him a big chunk of money now as a signing bonus. Maybe he be willing to do it bring in another ex-patriot

• BucD

Participant

None of the CBs currently are expected to be out the rest of the year and the cap situation will be why he most likely won’t be coming to Tampa, IMO.

I think they definitely should, if they can make it work, but I’m not holding my breath.

• Ja’crispy

Participant

If your questioning signing Gilmore ask yourself this…Does Stephon Gilmore make this team better? The answer is YES! This 32nd ranked passing defense needs all the help it can get. We dont know exactly when Davis and SMB will be back. To me its a no brainer.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

we are becoming the Yankees of the NFL and i have to admit….enjoy it while we can

• obuc

Participant

He was asking for 15 mil but prorated for game she can play would be 10 mil. The Bucs have 3.1 mil in cap space which is enough to get him signed on that 10 million. the money is there.

I think if we want the SB, we need to get him.

• ratiffshabang

Participant

Why are people suggesting we cut or trade Brate? Gronk is out for the year and possibly who knows if he will return period. That would leave us with us with Howard and McElroy. OJ is a huge bust and has done nothing this season… Brate isn’t Gronk but (outside of the Pats game) he’s been a very reliable receiving TE throughout his career. So ya let’s get rid of him, so we can keep athletic stone hands lol..that makes zero sense. I don’t think Gilmore would choose here for a number of reasons nor do we have an INTELLIGENT or realistic way of making the numbers work

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Definitely wouldn’t trade grate. I also don’t think gronk is out for the year but maybe 2-4 more weeks

Oj Howard is a question mark if we need to unload salary but I much rather have him in case brate goes down.

Extend Godwin or Jensen could free up cap space

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Gronk is out for the year

Link?

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

You just somehow work out a way to potentially keep him here going forward after 21’. He’s a 3M cap hit with deferred money I read 7 million.<br />
      From what I’ve seen you got options on this team going forward. JPP( knee, neck, shoulder, hand, etc) Suh , Cappa, Jensen( I want him to stay though), Howard. You can roll with Tryon, Stinnie, Hainsey, Nacho/ Gholdston, and you know DRAFT INTELLIGENTLY!! No more Trask picks when you KNEW this unit was the big ❓!!

Also restructure Brady Juto one more year if he feels good after this year if he’s seeing the potential roster in 22-23??

If not do ALL you can to get him for this late season run. Gilmore, Sherman with whoever’s left can do it. Let him show the league he’s still a top tier and let whomever give him a big 4/5 yr deal if that’s what he’s looking for. Where better to showcase than with us for 10-11 games?

But CD3, Gilmore duo with SMB at nickel is as valuable as any upgrade to this roster we could hope for in 22’

• Pennywise

Participant

Per auman

Arians said he doesn’t see Carlton Davis or Sean Murphy-Bunting coming back “anytime soon.”

• BucD

Participant

It’s looking like he’ll be a Packer either via trade before 4pm or then signing him shortly after his release. He’s apparently been in contact with a bunch of Packers players already.

Edit: https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1445769229865680898?s=21

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by BucD.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I dont know how his playing conditions are but he was great with the pats and bills. See if he is willing to come cheaper for one year to try to get another sb.

• BucD

Participant

Here’s someone breaking down how it could be possible, salary cap wise, for the Bucs. IIRC, the Bucs have $3-$4 million or so in cap space…???

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

Gilmore is a Panther !!! CJ Henderson, Jaycee Horn n Stephon Gilmore- last two for a 3rd n a 6th?!!?!

• BucD

Participant

Welp lol and to a division rival, too. Cool.

and our Cornerback woes continue

• Mic

Participant

Panthers got him for a 6th 2023

• Boid Fink

Participant

Carolina is turning the corner tres rapido. Their front 4 is gnarly. Their secondary is very very good. Linebackers are doing their work.

Bucs need to get another corner to add to this Motley Crew.

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.