Viewing 40 reply threads

• Author

• Runole

Participant

Great  two part article on the former Florida player and Coach.Required reading for any CFB fan wanting insight into the man.Part Onehttp://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62295900/#!bfUHbbPart  Twohttp://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62340648/#!bfTKcI 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One of the greatest coaches of all-time

Please wait…

• vision2020

Cheap jersey and very nice quality NCAA Jersey just need $20.99Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.Youth jersey and Women's jersey available ??Share our site on Facebook you can get the 5% discount code!~We also have the customized jersey service and you can have the jersey stitched on you name and your number!Enjoy the best online shipping experiencehttp://www.efeelsports.ru

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

???  Washington might disagree...   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought this was the College Football Board??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought this was the College Football Board??

Didn't see that as a" Pro" disclaimer for the statement "GREATEST COACHES of all-time" Spurrier was successful to a degree for the Tampa Bay Bandits. I am sure the writer of the article has received a ton of threatening hate communication from Spurrier.  " The coach that can dish it out but not take it."Isn't Spurrier still a coach at South Carolina?  That was a college program the last time I looked.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is a college football board, which is why when measuring/discussing him as a coach, he can be considered one of the best ever (I’d probably have him in the top 10-15). His NFL career is irrelevant in the discussion here.For the same reason it would be stupid to say that Nick Saban isn't the GOAT, because of the mediocre job he did at Miami.Either way..... I love Spurrier. He's hilarious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is a college football board, which is why when measuring/discussing him as a coach, he can be considered one of the best ever (I'd probably have him in the top 10-15). His NFL career is irrelevant in the discussion here.For the same reason it would be stupid to say that Nick Saban isn't the GOAT, because of the mediocre job he did at Miami.Either way..... I love Spurrier. He's hilarious.

Sorry, but you don't define what does or doesn't get posted here. :-* :PSpurrier while he has had success at South Carolina it hasn't come close to what he achieved at Florida.  Saban has succeeded at both LSU and Bama.I love Spurrier. He's hilarious.Figures.  "sore loser ,sore winner, classless",  and like the author and those that no him personally  :  A BRAT  BULLY AND COWARD... and Lazy...  Personally, you can love those traits.  Think I will pass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As a Nole fan, I loathe Steve-o about as much as any other Nole fan. However, it is quite evident that the writer of the articles is about as butthurt as one can possibly.If you dissect anyone with Spurrier's extensive history in the public eye, you will easily be able to write such a whiny article. Don't get me wrong, Steve-o is probably the whiniest coach I've ever see in CFB, but I never felt that he was the bad person the article proclaims him to be. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As a Nole fan, I loathe Steve-o about as much as any other Nole fan. However, it is quite evident that the writer of the articles is about as butthurt as one can possibly.If you dissect anyone with Spurrier's extensive history in the public eye, you will easily be able to write such a whiny article. Don't get me wrong, Steve-o is probably the whiniest coach I've ever see in CFB, but I never felt that he was the bad person the article proclaims him to be.

Bad person?  I think Steve is honest about how he feels but how he feels doesn't mean his ranting and raving is factual.    Hey he is a good offensive coach that took the old Otto Graham offense of the 50's and refined it a bit.    My only problem with the guy is he is a poor winner and loser and is rather classless in his remarks. Larry Guest is a very good sports writer.  He didn't write the article but his experience with Spurrier has been confirmed by more than one source.True story my daughter in law's brother beat out Spurrier;s son on the basketball team.  Out of the blue he gets invited to a birthday party at the Spurrier home.How odd since they really didn't socialize?  Well as soon as he shows up Steve insists that he play his son One on One on his basketball court at the house.Well Steve's son won but that tells you all you need to know of the character of the man..  wtf?  There are tons of similar stories about ole Stevie.  Of course his sycophants constantly say:  "Oh that is just Steve being Steve"  Like that somehow excuses boorish behavior?    ::)The guy is just a classless jerk.    His own mother pretty much confirms his character.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

True story my daughter in law's brother beat out Spurrier;s son on the basketball team.  Out of the blue he gets invited to a birthday party at the Spurrier home.How odd since they really didn't socialize?  Well as soon as he shows up Steve insists that he play his son One on One on his basketball court at the house.Well Steve's son won but that tells you all you need to know of the character of the man..  wtf?  .

how old is this story? 15 years ago?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i disliked him because he was the coach at UF but i always thought he was funny as hell. the Free Shoes University quote still makes me laugh. his one liners were great

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is a college football board, which is why when measuring/discussing him as a coach, he can be considered one of the best ever (I'd probably have him in the top 10-15). His NFL career is irrelevant in the discussion here.For the same reason it would be stupid to say that Nick Saban isn't the GOAT, because of the mediocre job he did at Miami.Either way..... I love Spurrier. He's hilarious.

Sorry, but you don't define what does or doesn't get posted here. :-* :P

You're welcome to post every thought that pops into that pile shit on top of your neck. Nothing's ever stopped you before.

Spurrier while he has had success at South Carolina it hasn't come close to what he achieved at Florida.  Saban has succeeded at both LSU and Bama.

OkaySpurrier is still a great coach.

I love Spurrier. He's hilarious.Figures.  "sore loser ,sore winner, classless",  and like the author and those that no him personally  :  A BRAT  BULLY AND COWARD... and Lazy...  Personally, you can love those traits.  Think I will pass.

I said he's funny, and that's the reason I like him.I don't feel he's any of the above things that you claim he is, nor do I love any of those traits.How fucking stupid can you be?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i disliked him because he was the coach at UF but i always thought he was funny as hell. the Free Shoes University quote still makes me laugh. his one liners were great

They still are.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As a life long Gator Hater, wasn't crazy about him while he coached there but BanditBall always kept a soft spot for him ... and when he gave the finger to UF by going to USCe, that made it even better. As far as one liners go, Free Shoes may be the funniest, even though I was an FSU fan, but the "can't spell Citrus Bowl without UT" was my favorite.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can anyone explain how “Free Shoes U” makes any sense?  The inference is that FSU gave away free shoes.  That it was an agent buying the athletic wear  doesn’t make a lot of sense.I guess I could call UF the University of Free  cars for Tank Black, but I don't think that would make any sense either.  I will admit I thought it was funny when Spurrier made the silly comment about the fancy cars in the FSU parking lot.. Boy, did he put his foot in the mouth with that one!!  :DAnyway, in the end FSU received no sanctions ( nor should they have).  So once again, Stevie was full of sheet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

True story my daughter in law's brother beat out Spurrier;s son on the basketball team.  Out of the blue he gets invited to a birthday party at the Spurrier home.How odd since they really didn't socialize?  Well as soon as he shows up Steve insists that he play his son One on One on his basketball court at the house.Well Steve's son won but that tells you all you need to know of the character of the man..  wtf?  .

how old is this story? 15 years ago?

Lot longer than that..  How old was Spurrier when he mother mentioned his behavior pattern as pretty much very young child?    Just more personal info on his lack of character and class.  I think a South Carolina fan put it best  "STEVE IS A ARSEHOLE but he is OUR ARSEHOLE"   That is a fan I can respect! 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, Steve’s an a$$hole, and Bobby is a pu$$y.Just two orifices in a pod.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bobby is a pu$$y.

and with such unkind comments like that towards a greater man than you will ever be  What does that make you?  Show some class for a change like this guy!Hey he is even from Alabama! Bt1XVb0CQAASHeL.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The irony is rich.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s a shame you don’t have any of Chris cashers photos.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They still are.

I'm sure no Bammer player ever rec'd a pair of free shoes from the Tuscaloosa Foot Locker.......GTFO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nole fan abused again.  Scores may change but that never does…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nole fan abused again.  Scores may change but that never does...

Huh?  Abused?  Did Steve ever win in Tallahassee?  What was his record against Bobby?How did that last game go when FSU played South Carolina?  Anomaly your comment makes no sense.      Hint: When you lose games you are being abused!  :P 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude, you’ve been abused up and down this thread.  Family services will probably come to your house to check on you.  Move on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My only problem with the guy is he is a poor winner and loser and is rather classless in his remarks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF7OnW4XDck

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude, you've been abused up and down this thread.  Family services will probably come to your house to check on you.  Move on.

Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude, you've been abused up and down this thread.  Family services will probably come to your house to check on you.  Move on.

::)    Why should I move on?  If I leave how would my puppets like yourself survive?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seminole fan who is obsessed with their rival.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seminole fan who is obsessed with their rival.

Not near as obsessed as UF is with FSU, and you with me!    :D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

34-22-2.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1.14-0  37-7 ,National champions, Heisman Trophy or 2. 4-8 also losing to Miami and Georgia Southern.Gee that is tough one!  :D    Time to get ready for another championship and beat down of the gata's  HC Stevie would already be sheeting his pants having to travel to a place he never won!  Every gator fan states "PRAISE the LORD" Stevie is not here....Odds that Mushchamp will still be head coach going into the FSU game?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1.14-0  37-7 ,National champions, Heisman Trophy or 2. 4-8 also losing to Miami and Georgia Southern.Gee that is tough one!  :D    Time to get ready for another championship and beat down of the gata's  HC Stevie would already be sheeting his pants having to travel to a place he never won!  Every gator fan states "PRAISE the LORD" Stevie is not here....Odds that Mushchamp will still be head coach going into the FSU game?

I'll keep the 34-22-2 overall record, thank you. Congrats on becoming relevant again. Forgot you guys were still around. As far as Mushchamp, I give it 50/50 on him coming back next season. And as of today, I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does fsu play any ranked teams this season?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does fsu play any ranked teams this season?

Rankings change every week so....Does it really  matter?  They will be ranked #1 in the country when the season starts.    Could another Wire to Wire be in the future?  Hey as long as FSU beats UM  UF , and wins the ACC championship they are in the playoffs. add  likely victories against Okla St and Notre Dame and that cements it further.  Now of course they cant lose more than (1) regular season game.No team in the country plays an out of conference schedule as impressive as FSU with UF Notre Dame and Okie State.Hopefully UF won't bring down the SOS too much.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No team in the country plays an out of conference schedule as impressive as FSU with UF Notre Dame and Okie State..

i think it could actually be argued that UFs OOC schedule is more difficult.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No team in the country plays an out of conference schedule as impressive as FSU with UF Notre Dame and Okie State..

i think it could actually be argued that UFs OOC schedule is more difficult.

Now if you are going to make the argument because FSU is on the schedule out of conference that this is the toughest out of conference game any team in the nation faces I would agree.    However, that is a game that has been played every year since 1958 when the series started. Since it is played every year, I don't think it should be used. Neither team can change that game nor should they.On the other had UF plays Eastern Michigan ,Idaho , and Eastern Kentucky  please convince me that that is a tougher slate than Notre Dame Oklahoma St, and Citadel.Perhaps one of those 3 is better than Citadel but certainly no other teams are comparable to ND and OKie St.  Please explain  how you feel that would be more difficult? FSU played Idaho last season and won 80-14!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn’t realize nd was ranked, for that reason I would say fsu schedule is a little more difficult.  Is it tougher to beat 3 teams ranked 30 or 1 team ranked 1?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn't realize nd was ranked, for that reason I would say fsu schedule is a little more difficult.  Is it tougher to beat 3 teams ranked 30 or 1 team ranked 1?

You do make a good point!  14-0  National Title winners, Heisman Trophy winner,  Beat Florida 37-7 for their worst loss at home to FSU in their history.noles.r191677.gifparty0023.r191677.gif[img]https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.nationalchamps.net%2fgifs%2ffsu%2fnc5.gif&t=1408214516&sig=x3zFJq5WDfrxxASE3.uvHg--~B[/img]party0007.r191677.gifparty0007.r191677.gifparty0007.r191677.gifparty0007.r191677.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll keep the 34-22-2 overall record, thank you. Congrats on becoming relevant again. Forgot you guys were still around. As far as Mushchamp, I give it 50/50 on him coming back next season. And as of today, I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Since 1977, FSU holds a 20-18-1 edge over UF.But, what happened in the mid-50s through mid-70s is what the Gator nation holds so tightly to.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They still are.

I'm sure no Bammer player ever rec'd a pair of free shoes from the Tuscaloosa Foot Locker.......GTFO.

OkayWhat does this have to do with spurrier's one liners?Even took some great shots at Saban this offseason.And IDGAF if Bama is a dirty program. At least I own it, and don't pretend they aren't, like you do with FSU's poop stained athletic department.

Please wait…

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.