Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• BucNCane

Participant

https://storify.com/sgw94/bucs-lose-to-the-panthers-againHe seems to be excited about the progress.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

https://storify.com/sgw94/bucs-lose-to-the-panthers-againHe seems to be excited about the progress.

progress?  you and steve need to wake the hell up......both of you stop being homers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Steve White’s the best analyst going in terms of the play on the field. And he’s never stolen money from a bunch of people.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Steve White's the best analyst going in terms of the play on the field. And he's never stolen money from a bunch of people.

steve white's ramblings are all about him looking for a national sports media gig

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am excited about the progress.  Bucs had back to back rookie nominated as rookie of the week in the NFL.  Marpet is ahead of schedule of all the rookies playing.Defense is starting to look legit and the best player on defense, Lavonte is starting to come around.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m concerned about Donovan Smith as White’s observations of his play matches up with some of the criticisms about him last year in college. I don’t really know how you solve effort.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm concerned about Donovan Smith as White's observations of his play matches up with some of the criticisms about him last year in college. I don't really know how you solve effort.

He wears out to easy and effort is also a concern.  That is why kicking him inside may be better for the long haul.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Steve’s work.  He’s thorough and never adds pewter colored glasses.  Legitimate.He points out things I'm not smart enough to see and I don't have the time to review the all-22.D Smith is still a rook, and I'd expect him to struggle at times.  What I do think is Warhop doesn't do anyone any favors on our oline.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McDougald has been decent this season, but the splash plays haven’t been there. The team is definitely using McDougald and Jennings to shadow the best receivers m2m.  I think this is working thus far and expect that to continue this week against the Jags.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

D Smith is still a rook, and I'd expect him to struggle at times.

Rookies will definitely struggle, there's no issue with that. The objective is to keep improving. I don't have any problem with a rookie struggling, even playing terribly. But if he's not consistently putting in the effort, that's a major problem. No one is that good that they can succeed at the NFL level without consistent effort.Alldaway, I don't know enough about offensive line play to know whether moving inside can fix an effort issue, though I certainly think it's reasonable that the position leads to less fatigue which leads to better effort. He definitely looks the part of a dominant guard. Obviously it'd be better if he ended up working out at LT but if he doesn't, I hope they give him a shot inside.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I am excited about the progress.  Defense is starting to look legit and the best player on defense, Lavonte is starting to come around.

are we watching different teams?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Fellas……….this is all just chit chat unless the games end with a W.......and that actually includes us "looking better"......because without wins......we don't look better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

black and white with no gray.My participation (chit chat) here is based on the gray and my opinion.Takes all kinds.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fellas..........this is all just chit chat unless the games end with a W.......and that actually includes us "looking better"......because without wins......we don't look better.

This is just a terrible, terrible take in every possible aspect.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

This is just a terrible, terrible take in every possible aspect.

reality has a way of doing that to people.  I'm just the messenger.wins cure all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are a few options for Smith, as he get’s more experience. As ADW said, move him inside to guard to take Mankin’s place when Dotson comes back and put Dotson at Left Tackle, where he ended up last year. That way, you see if he improves, as he would then not be on an island and have two vets helping him out in Hawley and Dotson.Then in the off season, I would work him like a dog to get his conditioning up to NFL level, as well as work on his feet. If the guy is tired and worn out, he is going to half ass it as he has no juice but next year if he is in shape for 60 minutes, then possibly he won't take plays off. Next, figure out how to put some meanness in his game.ADW, love your posts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

thanks for posting this again!  I was looking for his tweets but for whatever reason could not find them about the Bucs.I, too, am am happy with the progress the defense is making.  Like I have stated before on this red board....the Bucs do not run the Tampa 2 the majority of the team, despite that (as Steve pointed out) there are still design issues and I am wondering if he is alluding to WLB David because he just is not finishing like he typically does.  But given the dire straights the defense is in damn near all game, they did a good job.  If we can just finish - b/c like Steve said the splash plays were there to be had which could have tremendously changed the complexion of the game...but we will never know.  Just hope these guys can continue to improve, play as a Unit, and Lavonte...COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!But I gotta disagree with moving LT Smith to guard at this point.  Now if he gets beat out by one of our other tackles (or perhaps Koetter, Lovie, Warhop want to send a message like CB Verner) then so be it, but 5 games in and he still (like Jameis) looks like a rookie is something that needs coaching, IMHO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Refreshing to see a thread that actually digs into the tape and doesn’t include trolls reiterating the same few things they have been all year.Like I said in another thread, the defense hasn't been as bad as people make it out to be and have played well enough to win 3 of the first 4 games. With that being said, there is obviously still work that needs to be done and room for improvement.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Refreshing to see a thread that actually digs into the tape and doesn't include trolls reiterating the same few things they have been all year.Like I said in another thread, the defense hasn't been as bad as people make it out to be and have played well enough to win 3 of the first 4 games. With that being said, there is obviously still work that needs to be done and room for improvement.

Yeah, that is true. The defense has been on the field a lot because of the turnovers on offense. And the secondary has looked a lot worse than they are because of the lack of a good pass rush. It all goes hand in hand.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Refreshing to see a thread that actually digs into the tape and doesn't include trolls reiterating the same few things they have been all year.Like I said in another thread, the defense hasn't been as bad as people make it out to be and have played well enough to win 3 of the first 4 games. With that being said, there is obviously still work that needs to be done and room for improvement.

Yeah, that is true. The defense has been on the field a lot because of the turnovers on offense. And the secondary has looked a lot worse than they are because of the lack of a good pass rush. It all goes hand in hand.

Not only do turnovers keep the defense on the field longer, but it also usually gives the opposing offense a shorter field to work with. Turnovers have been a killer for us this season. We're 2nd in the NFL with the most turnovers given away with 10 and rank 2nd in most points scored against as a result of our own turnovers with 48.48 of the 117 points we have given up this year have came off turnovers. That is OVER 40% of the points we have given up. Sorry, but you just can't blame all of that on the defense.The defense actually ranks in the top half of the league with 6 turnovers forced, as well as points scored off of turnovers with 22. If the offense can cut down the turnovers, it would go a long way. With a rookie QB who is still learning and is known as a gunslinger though, that is a lot harder to do than it sounds.

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.