Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• Naismith

Participant

Didn’t see it posted anywhere.https://storify.com/sgw94/bucs-vs-titans-2015-review?utm_content=storify-pingback&utm_medium=sfy.co-twitter&utm_campaign=&utm_source=t.co&awesm=sfy.co_e0lPq

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

Good read

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea that sounds about right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

another analysis, from Titan perspective.  The comparison between Lovie and Wisenhunt is not good:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000531204/article/marcus-mariotas-stellar-debut-fueled-by-titans-sharp-game-plan

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

another analysis, from Titan perspective.  The comparison between Lovie and Wisenhunt is not good:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000531204/article/marcus-mariotas-stellar-debut-fueled-by-titans-sharp-game-plan

Man reading the NFL.com article and watching the plays presented on there you really see how Kwon was essentially a bystander on all those plays.  Makes me wonder if his "assignment" was to mirror Mariota all day and ignore his drops into coverage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man reading the NFL.com article and watching the plays presented on there you really see how Kwon was essentially a bystander on all those plays.  Makes me wonder if his "assignment" was to mirror Mariota all day and ignore his drops into coverage.

I wonder about that too

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look at how we played McCown in the preseason.  I said at the time I hoped that wasn't a preview of our "mobile QB" defense.  Soft and fearful is no way to play defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Conte was "California Dreamin'" on that one, too...  Way out there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look at how we played McCown in the preseason.  I said at the time I hoped that wasn't a preview of our "mobile QB" defense.  Soft and fearful is no way to play defense.

Agreed. Saw part of the Falcons v Eagles game. Falcons D flying around in part I saw, like Bucs of old.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds like our attention to details sucks. Should be past this by now. Lovie in trouble

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Great read. Thanks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great read. Thanks

+1! I love reading White's analysis..I remember listening to Brooks talk a while back in an interview. When asked something like "what coach was the toughest on you in your career?", and he said "Lovie". He said Lovie was so tough on him, very demanding, and really helped him (Brooks) achieve his best. Hopefully Lovie can MAKE these guys into what they need to be, and FAST. Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 24m24 minutes agoStrange stat for you: NFL QBs throwing 3+ INTs in a game last season went 3-0 against the Bucs (Brees 2x) and 3-18 against rest of the NFL.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 24m24 minutes agoStrange stat for you: NFL QBs throwing 3+ INTs in a game last season went 3-0 against the Bucs (Brees 2x) and 3-18 against rest of the NFL.

I...don't know what to think about this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The LB’s and Corners and Safies have talent. Most have experience in the TAMPA 2, except Kwon Alexander, yet, if you get what Steve White is saying, and I will listen to him more than most others, is that the defense, in general, is getting sucked up on play action, playing the run and Tim Tebow could complete a deep ball, as EVERYBODY is trying to do someone else’s job. Seems pretty simple to me.So here's my question? The Tampa 2 has been successful and there are many versions. The Bucs also play other formats, not just Tampa 2. Most, to all of the defensive coaches are very experienced and have a long history of being successful, with Lovie giving the direction for the defense. So it's not like Raheem never being an OC or Schiano never coaching in the NFL, so what the hell is it?WE have reasonable to good talent, a proven scheme, experienced coaches, players with experience in the system, all adding up to a GOOD defense, not great but not one that has three BLOWOUTS in seventeen games. So what the hell is it? My answer is that, they are simply doing what the hell they want, not following the plan, the scheme and what they have had beat into their heads for two years. They are FREE LANCING, doing what the hell they want and it's biting them in the ass and the opposition knows this is they are sucker punching the hell put of them every week. Pure dumbness. To me it's on the players, nothing more and someone needs to be the enforcer on the defense and when someone F#$%&'s up, they need to be taken behind the woodshed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The LB's and Corners and Safies have talent. Most have experience in the TAMPA 2, except Kwon Alexander, yet, if you get what Steve White is saying, and I will listen to him more than most others, is that the defense, in general, is getting sucked up on play action, playing the run and Tim Tebow could complete a deep ball, as EVERYBODY is trying to do someone else's job. Seems pretty simple to me.So here's my question? The Tampa 2 has been successful and there are many versions. The Bucs also play other formats, not just Tampa 2. Most, to all of the defensive coaches are very experienced and have a long history of being successful, with Lovie giving the direction for the defense. So it's not like Raheem never being an OC or Schiano never coaching in the NFL, so what the hell is it?WE have reasonable to good talent, a proven scheme, experienced coaches, players with experience in the system, all adding up to a GOOD defense, not great but not one that has three BLOWOUTS in seventeen games. So what the hell is it? My answer is that, they are simply doing what the hell they want, not following the plan, the scheme and what they have had beat into their heads for two years. They are FREE LANCING, doing what the hell they want and it's biting them in the ass and the opposition knows this is they are sucker punching the hell put of them every week. Pure dumbness. To me it's on the players, nothing more and someone needs to be the enforcer on the defense and when someone F#$%&'s up, they need to be taken behind the woodshed.

Rusty, you should check out this link, about the Titan's offense - it helps explains a lot of the "discipline" issues, at least in this game, and helps me understand why LVD looked much more passive than typical. It's a look at the same things Steve White is looking at, but from a different perspective. http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/mariota_shines_in_debut_as_scheme_plays_a_critical_role/s1_12986_19544710

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The LB's and Corners and Safies have talent. Most have experience in the TAMPA 2, except Kwon Alexander, yet, if you get what Steve White is saying, and I will listen to him more than most others, is that the defense, in general, is getting sucked up on play action, playing the run and Tim Tebow could complete a deep ball, as EVERYBODY is trying to do someone else's job. Seems pretty simple to me.So here's my question? The Tampa 2 has been successful and there are many versions. The Bucs also play other formats, not just Tampa 2. Most, to all of the defensive coaches are very experienced and have a long history of being successful, with Lovie giving the direction for the defense. So it's not like Raheem never being an OC or Schiano never coaching in the NFL, so what the hell is it?WE have reasonable to good talent, a proven scheme, experienced coaches, players with experience in the system, all adding up to a GOOD defense, not great but not one that has three BLOWOUTS in seventeen games. So what the hell is it? My answer is that, they are simply doing what the hell they want, not following the plan, the scheme and what they have had beat into their heads for two years. They are FREE LANCING, doing what the hell they want and it's biting them in the ass and the opposition knows this is they are sucker punching the hell put of them every week. Pure dumbness. To me it's on the players, nothing more and someone needs to be the enforcer on the defense and when someone F#$%&'s up, they need to be taken behind the woodshed.

Rusty, you should check out this link, about the Titan's offense - it helps explains a lot of the "discipline" issues, at least in this game, and helps me understand why LVD looked much more passive than typical. It's a look at the same things Steve White is looking at, but from a different perspective. http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/mariota_shines_in_debut_as_scheme_plays_a_critical_role/s1_12986_19544710

Well done Booker and thank you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anytime, Rusty.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really feel like Lovie has the team trying to commit to stop the run and make the other team one dimensional. So everyone is overreacting trying to stop the run. “It’s hard to get sacks on 1st and 2nd down”. It shouldn’t be! Since Lovie arrived they’ve talked about playing the run on the way to the QB, that they were going to pass rush. If that’s the case – it shoudn’t matter if it’s 1st/2nd/3rd down. you should be trying to pressure!I think they're scheming run on 1st and 2nd and pass on 3rd.

Please wait…

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.