Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• Kermit56

Participant

From Forbes.com: “Compounds in cannabis can prevent infection from the virus that causes Covid-19 by blocking its entry into cells, according to a study published this week by researchers affiliated with Oregon State University.”

“I haven’t been vaccinated but I did smoke a bowl this morning.” Do you think that will get me into restaurants in NYC? :)

• spartan

Participant

a study published this week by researchers affiliated with Oregon State University

I wonder what the level of student participation was in this study?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

It was done at Oregon State so pretty damn….

….
      ….

High

Badumtsing

• Kermit56

Participant

….
      ….

High

Badumtsing

LOL!!

• buccaneerNW

Participant

There’s one alternative treatment that we can all agree is worth trying. Finally, it’s weed that can unite us, just like the hippies always said it would!

Happy 420!

• Blayton Cigsby

Participant

Compounds in cannabis can prevent infection from the virus that causes Covid-19 by blocking its entry into cells, according to a study published this week by researchers affiliated with Oregon State University.”

unfortunately its hemp, not pot. lol we should all be so lucky!

But, the funniest thing is that the study actually hits the ” COVID vaccine doesn’t work because no immunity” crowd by pointing out the medical process that makes the CV19 raccine argument non-sensical:

““Any part of the infection and replication cycle is a potential target for antiviral intervention, and the connection of the spike protein’s receptor binding domain to the human cell surface receptor ACE2 is a critical step in that cycle,” he said. “That means cell entry inhibitors, like the acids from hemp, could be used to prevent SARS-CoV-2 infection and also to shorten infections by preventing virus particles from infecting human cells.”

““These compounds can be taken orally and have a long history of safe use in humans,” van Breemen said. “They have the potential to prevent as well as treat infection by SARS-CoV-2. CBDA and CBGA are produced by the hemp plant as precursors to CBD and CBG, which are familiar to many consumers. However, they are different from the acids and are not contained in hemp products.”

It also points out the risk in non-vaccination because the researcher acknowledges that the hemp acids only work against the first variants (alpha and Beta described as B117 and b1351)

““One of the primary concerns in the pandemic is the spread of variants, of which there are many, and B.1.1.7 and B.1.351 are among the most widespread and concerning,” he added. “These variants are well known for evading antibodies against early lineage SARS-CoV-2, which is obviously concerning given that current vaccination strategies rely on the early lineage spike protein as an antigen. Our data show CBDA and CBGA are effective against the two variants we looked at, and we hope that trend will extend to other existing and future variants.”

Kermit, you’re having quite a day . .

:-)

The Forbes articles is based on the PRESS RELEASE for the study. Its right here:

www. today.oregonstate.edu/news/oregon-state-research-shows-hemp-compounds-prevent-coronavirus-entering-human-cells

The Press Release (quoted here) is used to GET MORE FUNDING:

““Our earlier research reported on the discovery of another compound, one from licorice, that binds to the spike protein too,” he said. “However, we did not test that compound, licochalcone A, for activity against the live virus yet. We need new funding for that.

But hey, still cant hurt to smoke a bowl

• FireLicht2020

Participant

It’s crazy that hemp and weed aren’t legal by now… guess it’s just a matter of time

• buccaneerNW

Participant

I believe hemp is legal now… I thought it was changed in the last decade, but I could be wrong. I mean, I don’t think we’re importing all these hemp-based products.

It’s only a matter of time before nearly every state legalizes cannabis. Maybe then the federal government will make it legal… In the meantime, they could finally de-schedule it.

• spartan

Participant

But, the funniest thing is that the study actually hits the ” COVID vaccine doesn’t work because no immunity” crowd by pointing out the medical process that makes the CV19 raccine argument non-sensical:

And then mr damp squid arrives and pisses all over a light hearted thread.

• Blayton Cigsby

Participant

And then mr damp squid arrives and pisses all over a light hearted thread.

But hey, still cant hurt to smoke a bowl

man, what a CRIER. . .

get a flipping tissue.

You’re just mad because your anti-vaxx nonsense makes you look dumb, so how about getting over it already . . .

• Trask Force

Participant

….
      ….

High

Badumtsing

LOL!!

I heard they had to cancel the study because they couldn’t find a control group.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Pirate’s Cove’ is closed to new topics and replies.