New Homepage Forums The Red Board SUBMIT QUESTIONS FOR TUESDAY EDITION OF THE BUCS MAILBAG

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Alldaway 2.0 Oct 17, 16 at 9:19 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

SUBMIT QUESTIONS FOR TUESDAY EDITION OF THE BUCS MAILBAG

• Mark Cook
    Keymaster
    Mark Cook

Get your #Bucs related questions in for a special Tuesday edition of the #Bucs Monday Mailbag! Submit them using #PRMailbag ON TWITTER or post the question here. In the words of Greg Schiano, Thanks guys!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

BucFanFromATL
    Participant
    BucFanFromATL

With all of the ups and downs this season has dealt this team and us fans… I have been really excited to see Vernon Hargreaves excel. He has quietly been inserted into the starting CB role (if I’m not mistaken) opposite from Brent Grimes… and while he has not registered any takeaways yet… he is absolutely locking down his assignments recently. I noticed that versus the Panthers Hargreaves was mostly assigned to Kelvin Benjamin… and Kelvin Benjamin had a bad night (by Kelvin Benjamin standards). 9 targets only 5 receptions for 70 yards (18 yards the longest). I’m sure by season’s end Hargreaves will get his due shine. What are your thoughts on our 1st round pick and his progression so far this season? I predicted Hargreaves would finish his rookie campaign with similar numbers as Tyrann Mathieu did his rookie year (since they are similar in abilities, Though I think VHIII is more athletic)… Does that prediction (68 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, and 2 ints) seem plausible?

Thanks! Tampa Bay ALL DAY!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Easythe great
    Participant
    Easythe great

Where in the hell is J.R. Sweezy? And when he comes back (if he does) will he be the starting LG over Pamphile? 

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Alldaway 2.0
    Participant
    Alldaway 2.0

Is Vincent Jackson a lock to finish the season as a starter?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

tog
    Participant
    tog

Why run on 3rd and 9?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Soul Bro
    Participant
    Soul Bro

Can you ask if Jameis is wearing contacts during the games? His accuracy is clearly a work in progress, and I saw him squinting last night like he used to do at FSU.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Soul Bro.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Soul Bro.

BucFanFromATL
    Participant
    BucFanFromATL

Where in the hell is J.R. Sweezy? And when he comes back (if he does) will he be the starting LG over Pamphile?

If Sweezy comes back 100% healthy and in playing condition he will absolutely be the starter. (That’s a lot of “ifs”) But if everything works out Sweezy can be inserted into the starting LG role and the Run Blocking will almost instantly become better on the left side and up the middle. Sweezy is nasty gritty player upfront, I hope he can return to full health.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

srwswish
    Participant
    srwswish

Just wondering with all the injuries on Defense.  Are we looking to sign any other players?  The Defense played great against the Panthers but are there any players out there we might have interest in?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

fletch
    Participant
    fletch

Am I only the one who is frustrated by the seemingly endless shuffling of the practice squad without any promotions to the active roster?  Granted I don’t know what happens at practice and in the meeting rooms, but every time I get excited that the Bucs have picked up someone like Jeremy Butler who seems as if they can potentially become a difference-maker, they just as quickly unload them and we never hear from them again.  Can you provide us with any insight into how/why this happens?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Iowabucfan
    Participant
    Iowabucfan

Is there an update on of McCoy, Martin, Ayers, MacDoanld, and the other injured players will be ready for the 49ers? Thanks

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Iowabucfan
    Participant
    Iowabucfan

Now the Simms is on IR, is there a player on the roster that can match his attributes of a third down, change of pace back, that can catch passes out of the backfield?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Iowabucfan
    Participant
    Iowabucfan

What is your opinion of the OL play so far?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Michael
    Participant
    Michael

Now the Simms is on IR, is there a player on the roster that can match his attributes of a third down, change of pace back, that can catch passes out of the backfield?

Rodgers. Weaker as a pass catcher but stronger and more durable as a runner.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

tog
    Participant
    tog

Why run on 3rd and 9?

@pewterreportmc or @pewterreportsr do you have an answer for this? I know Koetter said “Those guys can say whatever they want. Yeah, we ran it on third-and-nine. You know what? We also ran it on third-and-three and third-and-five and we were two out of three running the ball on third down and we weren’t nearly that successful throwing the ball.”

I understand Koetter has claimed he ran it unrelated to confidence in Winston.  Fine, but then why did he run it? The Bucs had a near 0% chance of converting (and got 0 yards).  He clearly lacked confidence in Aguayo and even getting 5 yards it’s still a 45 yard field goal.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Mark Cook
    Keymaster
    Mark Cook

Need questions for today’s Mailbag.

“Thanks guys.” – G. S.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 PewterReport.com All Rights reserved. Marketing Tampa | Visual Realm