Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 49 reply threads

• Author

• jpsmiley

Participant

3 year deal.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

3 years 12 mil

Awesome!

Suh next hopefully.

• Barnz1

Participant

We had to use a couple void years to get his cap hit this season down to 2.4mil.

Not sure I agree with it. It is an overpay and using cap tricks on a kicker is not great. Suh should’ve also been proritized first before a kicker but we we will see what happens.

This team literally has no depth on the front 7 at all. That is more important than Succop.

• JC5100

Participant

Succop was more valuable than Suh last year. You guys are really over-rating Suh because of his draft status and name. He’s really just a guy at this point. You’ll try to say the #1 run is because of Suh but it’s really Bowles scheme.

• theknees

Participant

I wish him well with life after football. Weird for him to step away. I felt like he still had some left in the tank…

• jpsmiley

Participant

Re-signed, not resigned. My bad.

• Pennywise

Participant

There are no voidable years

Greg Auman

@gregauman

·
      1m
      (I got bad info here. There are no voidable years on this contract as it stands. Apologies.)

• buc-in-out

Participant

We’ve been looking for a kicker for years. If that’s the price we gotta pay so that Licht stops drafting them, then so be it. Happy he’s back.

• Darktanian

Participant

We’ve been looking for a kicker for years. If that’s the price we gotta pay so that Licht stops drafting them, then so be it. Happy he’s back.

I like the logic.

• Bucko40

Participant

The Bucs finally found a reliable kicker. Glad they secured him for a couple more years. First ever Mr. Irrelevant to win a Super Bowl. Good News

• cb

Participant

3 years 12 mil

Awesome!

Suh next hopefully.

ab and suh next!

• Roy

Participant

This is the going rate for kickers. The top kicker gets $5 mil. Succop has a very important item on his resume which elevates him into the upper echelon of kickers: He makes kicks in the playoffs. No “double doink” or “wide right”. He doesn’t seem to let pressure get to him, and that makes him worth the money.

Although the double doink was tipped.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Roy.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Great value.

Like contract length and dollar amount per year.

Build the trenches!

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Thank you Jon Robinson

• mjs020294

Participant

Fair contract for the player and the Bucs. There are a dozen kickers in the NFL with better deals in terms of 2021 salary or contract term.

• Swash

Participant

Excellent signing.

• kenntak

Participant

Excellent, it’s nice not having to worry about the kicker every season!

• seekpar

Participant

Was $$$ in the playoffs. The peace of mind when the Bucs’ field goal team comes onto the field is worth every single penny of this contract.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Good kicker but old and weak legged. Might fall apart now that the Bucs have committed to him, that’s how it goes.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

“Good kicker but old and weak legged. Might fall apart now that the Bucs have committed to him, that’s how it goes.”

He made a 52 yarder in the Super Bowl. Yeah it didn’t get there by much but with our high powered offense he’s clearly here to make sure we convert PAT’s & the 45 yard & under attempts. Not sexy or flashy but critical nonetheless. Most of his kicks are down the middle. I’ll take that “weak” and accurate leg if it means completely stabilizing the position. And 35 years old for a kicker is not a big deal… on his new contract we’re really only committed for 2 years.

• BucsSavant

Participant

^ hey Ryan, great job this year! Sorry I called you old.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Typical response when you have no counter.

• BucsSavant

Participant

I don’t know what counter you were expecting bud. I said he’s a good kicker. He is just old, and weak legged. Dependable for next year but we’ll see in 3 Ryan. Congratulations on your contract

PS pinion is getting cut

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

“He is just old, and weak legged.”

Lol, so you want us to take another swing at another young and powerful legged kicker again? How did that work out with Kyle Brindza, Catanzaro, Matt Gay? Yeah let’s risk fixing what isn’t broken during our window for 2 more Super Bowls. The best kickers in franchise history specialized in accuracy over kicking distance. That’s exactly what we need the way this team is built.

“Dependable for next year but we’ll see in 3 Ryan.”

Again, the guarantees are in the first 2 years. If he falls off a cliff in year 2 he won’t even see that 3rd year.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Why so argumentative little guy? Never said I wanted a different kicker. Just the 3 years. Go debate someone else

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Why so argumentative little guy? Never said I wanted a different kicker. Just the 3 years. Go debate someone else

Ah the victim card. Nice try but that reverse psychology don’t work on me. You have “savant” in your name but couldn’t counter a thing I said on your weak “wahhh he’s old wahhh he can’t kick da ball like Brindza” and how does a savant not understand that the deal is only guaranteed for 2 years. Newsflash, where the guaranteed $ is placed is what matters most, the years and “total” amount of contract is for an uber casual such as yourself.

• Biggs3535

Participant

lol, I thought your reply was funny.

Nevermind the blowhard. He wanted to give Todd Bowles a pink slip after allowing 20 points to the Bears and the team was 5-2.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Ah biggs dong-riding the newbie. That’s nice of you biggs

• BucsSavant

Participant

Ah the victim card. Nice try but that reverse psychology don’t work on me. You have “savant” in your name but couldn’t counter a thing I said on your weak “wahhh he’s old wahhh he can’t kick da ball like Brindza” and how does a savant not understand that the deal is only guaranteed for 2 years. Newsflash, where the guaranteed $ is placed is what matters most, the years and “total” amount of contract is for an uber casual such as yourself.

Clearly you have issues guy. Not sure why you are so eager to have an argument, and put words in my mouth, but I’m simply not interested in engaging with you. I hope you can find more fulfillment in life so you don’t take casual comments about the strength of succops leg as a personal affront.

PS succops leg is weaker than average, just like your erection strength

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

This is you newbie: “Wahhhhhhh I’m the victim and I’m going to reach and say you have issues because you exposed my take and all I can do is cry wahhhhhhh”

• Biggs3535

Participant

This is you newbie: “Wahhhhhhh I’m the victim and I’m going to reach and say you have issues because you exposed my take and all I can do is cry wahhhhhhh”

This is lame, blowhard.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

This is lame, blowhard.

Biggs still bitter at me after all these months, you a clown for letting me get to you that much lol

• BucsSavant

Participant

There you go again, crafting a narrative. Not playing victim, because you could never make me a victim, boy. Never had a take to expose, only comments that you took umbrage with for some reason. I’m also not new, been here for years and understand the game at a level a sad little man like you never could. You’re getting all worked up about this, while no one else cares. Pathetic.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

What a sorry reach trying to paint the narrative that I’m actually worked up about this lol

All that’s going on is you crying because I disagreed with your take, you tried to diss and I gave it right back. You just folded and back peddled when it came back your way, but I’m the one with issues huh

And quite the “savant” when you don’t know the basics of player contracts. And quite the “Bucs savant” that didn’t figure that Succop is of the same mold of the best kickers in franchise history.

You’re soft, and a fraud. Cry more wimp, Biggs is here lurking and will give you his shoulder to cry on. Let him gas you up cuz you need it LOL

• BucsSavant

Participant

Lol at this nerd getting emotional, didn’t even read that ^ 😂😂

• BucsSavant

Participant