Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 22 reply threads

• Author

• Beavis

Participant

Hope this is just speculation, I would like to think dude is just busy with family stuff with twins on the way. Here is the article…

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/buccaneers-free-agent-ndamukong-suh-could-be-deciding-between-retiring-or-returning/ar-BB1eSZoN?li=BBnbfcL

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

He’s had a hall of fame career where he’s terrorized QBs and drawn the ire of officiating crews because he’s known for playing dirty at times. He’s gotten himself a pretty sizeable contract where he made mega millions. And now he’s finally gotten a Super Bowl ring.

It would not surprised me if he hangs up his pads at this point and I wouldn’t blame him if he goes that route.

• Runole

Participant

Pure speculation by a talking head. It has as much validity as me saying he will be with the Bucs this season. Until Suh decides such rhetoric is just driveling woman like gossip. Suh has already stated he wants to return which at this time would seem to validate MO.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Runole.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

He’ll come back.

Shot at another ring.

• obuc

Participant

I personally talked to him and he gave me his answer .He is coming back.

the first sentence was a lie and the second was a hope.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

I think the joys of twins will reinvigorate him for one more run. He has very high business acumen and deeply involved with off field investments. Hangs with Warren Buffett , etc. Why not grab one more nice chunk of money and get 2 rings. Three SB with 2 rings would get help with HOF consideration.
      Just another reason to grab Alim McNeil or Tyler Shelvin in 2/3rd 😊!!

• mjs020294

Participant

He will definitely be back. Money is not important to him anymore but the chance to repeat and win another ring will be a big draw. Suh will be back on a cap friendly one year deal.

• Roy

Participant

IMO the deal is done with Suh, but the Bucs haven’t finished clearing the cap room. They can’t officially sign him without having the cap room to do so. The sticking point may be getting the deal done with the offensive linemen. If you want to give them a lucrative extension, you better make sure you really want to commit to them for the next few years.

• Barnz1

Participant

No one knows what is going on behind the scenes.

However, If he is indeed taking his time the Bucs need to put a date on his final answer. Let’s say we wait another 2 weeks and he retires…we will miss out on a lot of the remaining best DT’s who likely sign for cheap elsewhere.

I’d want an answer from Suh in the next week or I am putting an offer to Jurrell Casey or Geno Atkins.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

There are so many vet DTs out there that the Bucs don’t need to panic. Honestly with the draft weeks away teams are not going to be in a hurry to sign these players and more veteran DTs will be cut.

Bucs can be patient and still look good.

Build the trenches!

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Rappaport says we’re finalizing a 1 year deal right now. Must’ve just been waiting on the Smith extension.

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

It’s one year worth 9 million fully guaranteed. Cool.

• m_j

Participant

that‘s fine, everybody happy, fullstop!

I‘m really curious if they are going to resign AB. I know that would make tom happy and that may be the biggest reason for such a move

• buccnation

Participant

Glad to have him back but that’s a massive overpay imo.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

When you factor in leadership, attitude, and other intangibles… It’s actually quite the steal.

Production wise Bucs probably could have gotten similar stats from Mccoy at 1/3 of the price, But I don’t think anyone in their right mind can’t see the difference in the two

• Biggs3535

Participant

Re-signed for $10M

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Where all the naysayers?? Told you, we’re bringing everybody back for another run at the Lombardi.

Up next, Fournette and AB!

Welcome back Suh!!!!!

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

For those saying we overpaid for Suh at 9 million. We paid him 8 million last year and we won a Super Bowl. Mainly in part because of him. Without Suh filling in when Vea broke his ankle we don’t win anything. Giving him an extra million is appreciation for a job well done.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Agreed, Suh was still a force and a tone-setter. Great re-signing.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

All the defensive starters (that won a Super Bowl) are now back in the fold.

Now it’s time to work deals for AB and Lenny.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I am not against AB and Lenny receiving reasonable deals. Frees up the draft capital to really build some depth.

Build the trenches!

• Barnz1

Participant

9 mil for a 34 year old Suh who’s play has been regressing every year for the last 3-4 years.

Geno Atkins, Jurrell Casey still on the market. I guess you gotta factor in Suh fitting in Bowles system and the fact it worked. But that is a steep price to pay. Does another team offer close to that on the open market?

I doubt he gets more than 5-6 mil from any other team. Hopefully we still have enough $ to sign AB who I think was an underrated part of the second part of our season. Don’t care about Fournette. And maybe some edge depth.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Auman is reporting that Suh’s deal has voidable years and will be a cap hit this year of something in the $4M range.

• RudeGuy

Participant

This is exactly why I wait to hear all the details before questioning a signing.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

I hope Suh hires a couple full time nannies to help with his twins that are on the way. Big fella better get his sleep and perform, having twins is gonna be a crazy time. Congrats to him tho.

And I disagree with Barnz that he’s been regressing, he’s been more than solid at what he’s asked to do. But I do agree that 9M is a bit steep, are there really any other teams that would give him that? 7.5M maybe but idk about 9 plus incentives. Not a big deal tho, just nitpicking at an A+ offseason thus far.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Bucs need AB next. His talent far surpasses that of most at his position. Get him used to the offense, within that insane work ethic and replace 4net with a Najee Harris. Call it the day.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.