Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 34 reply threads

• Author

• nick777777

Participant

Litch if you read this bring the man in. He brings a nastiness this team needs. Pairing him with Mccoy would be a nasty combo that will give QB’s nightmares.

• SunnyD

Participant

Burying a huge percentage of the team’s cap into two defensive tackles isn’t exactly a winning formula

• Bucs_4_Life

Participant

I don’t see Licht giving Suh a BIG money contract! It would be nice to pair him with McCoy but only if he brings that same nasty mindset to the team for the right price. One can only imagine….

• GBOBUCSFAN

Participant

The dude does complain about taxes on players (so FL would be perfect) but I doubt we give him a check the size that he expects.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

One of the biggest lies is “we don’t have the money”. Of course Tampa has the money, and that is with Jameis getting his soon, Mike Evans just got his, Brate getting his soon, and anyone else of note looking to get a new contract. Teams can always make it work. As young as Tampa is, we have plenty of creative ways to get just about anyone we want.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• Live4BUCS

Participant

I thought he wanted to go to a contender? I’m not getting my hopes up. Although, maybe he would be intrigued with the thought of playing next to McCoy. Speaking of McCoy, lets see if he tweets about Suh. Since he’s tweeted about every other player. My guess is he wont, since it’s the DT position and he’d be worried he would be overshadowed by Suh.

• Pepsi

Participant

SunnyD
      Mar 12, 18 at 10:49 am #1066731
      Burying a huge percentage of the team’s cap into two defensive tackles isn’t exactly a winning formula

the guaranteed money of these 2 DTs would be fully paid out by the time we have the right pieces to structure what would be seen as a more appropriate cap breakdown. Its not like paying top money to WR is a winning formula either.

• Cpt.Curt

Participant

Sign this guy quickly, and with a much different contract than what he currently has.

Adding a difference maker anywhere on the DLine is the ideal offseason move. Both through the draft and in FA.

• Pepsi

Participant

GottaJaboo
      Mar 12, 18 at 10:56 am #1066736
      One of the biggest lies is “we don’t have the money”. Of course Tampa has the money, and that is with Jameis getting his soon, Mike Evans just got his, Brate getting his soon, and anyone else of note looking to get a new contract. Teams can always make it work. As young as Tampa is, we have plenty of creative ways to get just about anyone we want.

If Brate has to be a cap casualty one day for the greater good, then so be it. If we used a first round pick on a TE, but cant cope with letting a different TE walk.. then something doesnt seem right. We drafted Howard with the expectation that hed be far better than Brate one day soon, didnt we?

• bucboi813

Participant

Trade Jackson cut Sweezy cut gholston and Ayers were just fine it’s time to trade brate now doesn’t make sense to pay teo tes

• Jpoe

Participant

i’m wouldn’t hate signing suh as obviously suh starting next to mccoy would be a dream and be a dirty interior d-line, and have mcdonald be a reliable 3rd man, i also just feel like i wanna spend the what feels like trillions of cap space that we never use and that just sits there on other positions that are GREATLY needed. i am curious what mccoys thoughts are on the idea of the addition tho.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well there isn’t much on the DE FA market to improve this team, Suh would definitely be an interesting piece of the pass rush and definitely bring an edge.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

@Pepsi – I think Brate is going to stay in Tampa. We brought in OJ, not to replace Brate, but to serve as the second TE in an offense that benefits from using two, as well, as chipping in on run blocking, which he is fantastic at.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

Id love to see Suh next to McCoy every week. It would have to not break the bank though. If Greenburg could work his magic to make this happen Id be all about it.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@GottaJaboo

Mar 12, 18 at 11:47 am #1066764

@pepsi
      – I think Brate is going to stay in Tampa. We brought in OJ, not to replace Brate, but to serve as the second TE in an offense that benefits from using two, as well, as chipping in on run blocking, which he is fantastic at.

Agreed. I mean, if we were to lose Brate, it wouldn’t be the end of the world. But, it would be more beneficial to keep them both (as long as it’s reasonable).

• aquilus

Participant

Brate is Jameis’s favorite target we need to sign him asap

• aquilus

Participant

Who would have thought we would have a shot to have BOTH Suh and Mccoy

• freddy

Participant

Not sure how the two would co-exist, but if both are playing at their best, man that is dangerous to think of.

• seanbassak

Participant

It’s a tempting thought but I just doubt Licht jumping at any of these big names guys. I expect second tier names.

• Detrimental

Participant

I’d like to see Suh and McCoy for a couple of years.

• Defense5599

Blocked

He was making over $26 million a year with Miami. We could easily get him for half that.

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

26 is just nuts. What were the dolphins thinking? No way they could sustain that contract…

• Graham

Participant

Sounds like he’s in Seattle. I’d rather just draft Vea and spend the money elsewhere.

I won’t thumb my nose if they happened to bring him in though.

• Biggs3535

Participant

SCLOBERNOCKER
      Mar 12, 18 at 12:52 pm #1066795

26 is just nuts. What were the dolphins thinking? No way they could sustain that contract…

Dennis Hickey was the GM that handed out that contract.

• casren

Participant

This is exactly the player we DO need to spend money on. I 100% agree that we should pay up for Suh. Even if we have to pay 16 mill per year. In the 3-4, he would play nose. I like that a lot.

D-Line and O-line are the people you do pay. They make everyone else look better.

• Biggs3535

Participant

casren
      Mar 12, 18 at 1:05 pm #1066802
      Even if we have to pay 16 mill per year. In the 3-4, he would play nose. I like that a lot.

Have Suh play Nose Tackle in a 34 defense? And pay him $16M to play Nose Tackle?

FFS, dude. Quit posting.

• creamsicles

Participant

Imagine signing Suh and drafting Vea. With McCoy, that could create the most interesting front line for a 3-4 in the league… don’t know if it would be effective, but it would be strong and fast for its size.

McCoy and Suh as ends and Vea as nose. I’d even be open to trading McCoy if we could get a big return, but that’s a totally different thread.

It won’t happen, but it sure would be interesting and would allow us to try out more of the smaller fast edge guys and exotic blitzes. We definitely wouldn’t complain about lack of starter talent at the line :-)

Thanks for indulging the daydreaming… It was just nice to think of a quick way to convert our DL from a joke to a potential league leader. Most of the other thoughts are simply getting us to average (which would be an awesome upgrade).

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

I wouldn’t mind signing Suh then trading up for Chubb with a 3rd this year and 2nd next year. Could sign Curry to add to the DE rotation.

• Graham

Participant

So many big name fan boys around here.

• Live4BUCS

Participant

Funny, if only we would have signed the correct DT LAST YEAR, we wouldn’t even need to discuss Suh. Now we’ve cut Baker, Campbell is making $15mil per, and we’re desperate enough to throw everything at Suh to bring him in. You all do know he’s going to command a $20mil per year contract right?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I assume this quote may be dated, but:

“Both have made five Pro Bowls. Suh has had 50-1/2 sacks. McCoy has had 46-1/2.”

More “nastiness” is worth all that $ invested in two DTs?

Neither the Lions or the Dolphins did much with Suh? If he was on the Bucs all this time and they performed like the Lions and Dolphins, he would be the feature of Red Board posts saying we should cut him, right? But now we should get him?

• Graham

Participant

It’s human nature to covet what we don’t have.

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

@Biggs3535
      Well, I guess that makes sense then.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Graham
      Mar 12, 18 at 2:15 pm #1066848
      It’s human nature to covet what we don’t have.

####

so in this context shouldn’t it be “cut McCoy and sign Suh” .. . even though their production etc are pretty much the same?

we wouldn’t need both

• Graham

Participant

We definitely don’t “need” Suh. He’d be an expensive and unnecessary luxury. I’d rather they spend the money elsewhere personally.

• SunnyD

Participant

Good read about what kind of person/player Suh actually is:

Suh

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

I think Id take Suh for somewhere south of 15m. We need some nasty. But it better be incentive heavy with some “team detriment” out clauses.

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.