Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Participant

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just for kicks/stir the pot….What happens if, in fact, McCown continues playing well? Maybe not a QB rating like Sunday's, but mid 90s to finish the season?  I don't think it precludes picking a QB given his age, but what's the feeling on him? He's still a backup caliber player, or do start thinking that he's more of late bloomer who turned his game around in Chicago and had a few bumpy starts under tough circumstances (loss of OC)? Just curious.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just for kicks/stir the pot....What happens if, in fact, McCown continues playing well? Maybe not a QB rating like Sunday's, but mid 90s to finish the season?  I don't think it precludes picking a QB given his age, but what's the feeling on him? He's still a backup caliber player, or do start thinking that he's more of late bloomer who turned his game around in Chicago and had a few bumpy starts under tough circumstances (loss of OC)? Just curious.

Some of his numbers are definitely creeping back toward respectability. His completion percentage is #13 in the NFL and his YPA #10. His passer rating is still pretty lousy, mostly because his TD/INT rate is uninspiring.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think it changes anything other than you’re comfortable trading Glennon and keeping McCown as the backup.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think it changes anything other than you're comfortable trading Glennon and keeping McCown as the backup.

+1

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think a mediocre performance or better keeps Josh McCown as the starting qB through at least the bye week in 2015.  This only delays the inevitable newly drafted QB to take over, which in turn gives the Glazers all the excuse they need to cement Lovie as HC through at least 2016,  REGARDLESS of how many losses have occurred.  Really hope I’m wrong about that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think a mediocre performance or better keeps Josh McCown as the starting qB through at least the bye week in 2015.  This only delays the inevitable newly drafted QB to take over, which in turn gives the Glazers all the excuse they need to cement Lovie as HC through at least 2016,  REGARDLESS of how many losses have occurred.  Really hope I'm wrong about that.

So do I Sweep, so do I.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think a mediocre performance or better keeps Josh McCown as the starting qB through at least the bye week in 2015.  This only delays the inevitable newly drafted QB to take over, which in turn gives the Glazers all the excuse they need to cement Lovie as HC through at least 2016,  REGARDLESS of how many losses have occurred.  Really hope I'm wrong about that.

If the premise is that McCown is playing at a mid-90s rating, then there shouldn't be a lot of losses.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the premise is that McCown is playing at a mid-90s rating, then there shouldn't be a lot of losses.

Possibly,  but there might not be a lot of wins, either.  You're supposed to be as good a coach as there is when you get full control of FA and the draft.  Under those circumstances, 8 wins or less shouldn't be tolerated in any season. 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.